Old 03-05-2009   #1
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
[PC] Any idea what could be causing this?

The game has the potential to work at a surprisingly playable 20fps...when it wants to behave itself.

Usually, when I start the game, the graphics are totally messed up. The severity can range from this:

to this:

Alt+Tabbing in and out of the game sometimes changes how messed up the graphics are. The game will play like this at about 20FPS, but it'll hang every so often for a few seconds. When it does, the picture might go completely black or it might just freeze for a bit, also, any dialogue and sound effects stop playing but the radio will continue to play. After a while, the game's graphics return to something less or equally messed up.When these weird shadow glitches fix themselves (which they might do, without any rhyme nor reason), I still get the same solid 20FPS. Still get textures that pop in and out like loads of other people, but that's more bearable than this.

According to the in game settings, I am using about 420/450~ mb of graphics RAM...which is weird considering my card has 512 but still. Twiddling with the graphics settings (either up or down) doesn't effect anything as far as performance or graphical glitches goes. I can have 20FPS on the lowest settings with messed up graphics and I can have 20FPS on Medium-High settings with messed up graphics.

Anyhoo, my computer's specs are;
2.4Ghz Athlon X2 4800+
2GB RAM
512Mb ATI 4670
Win XP

I've got the latest patch and drivers installed.

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009   #2
ncl119
Newbie Member

ncl119 is an unknown quantity at this point
I think its a problem with your shadows? are you using CommandLine? (or norestricitons) trying putting your shadows to off if your using patch 1.0.3.

Edit: any Mods?