Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > Troubleshooting & Technology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2009   #1
greeny2k8
Newbie Member

greeny2k8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry stop me from snapping my gta iv disc and destroying my computer

i bought this game before christmas and ive just got near enuff a fully new system in my computer
they far surpass all recommended graphic options but the game still continues to do my head in because ive never got to play it properly

this is my system:

windows xp sp3
dual core amd athlon 64 5000+
nvidia 9500 gt 1gb ram
2gb ddr2 pc26400 800mhz

after i bought the memory that i desperately needed i thought everthing would be great but no
i began playing and was happy that the game was workin but the speech was jumpy and when i started romans 1st mission where u have to wait for the loan sharks to come outside the hardware store roman calls and then everthing goes to shit. it begins running really really slow to the point where its hard to even get off the game some1 help me b4 i regret smashing up my computer

the onli thing that im pissed off about is the face i could of bought an xbox 360 and the game for the amount i have spent on the new system. ::::confus ed:
greeny2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #2
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
If it's giving you that many problems, you should probably move on to another game.

Or have fun contacting tech support.

http://support.rockstargames.com/cgi...p_sid=4SOCZNrj
Old 03-02-2009   #3
greeny2k8
Newbie Member

i dont want to i want to find out the problem and be able to play its frustrating not knowing whats wrong with the pc when everthing should be workin fine
Old 03-02-2009   #4
SanFan
Don't try, you'll die!

SanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the rough
if you don't want a solution for your problem, then what do you want?
SanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #5
greeny2k8
Newbie Member

sorry i must of worded that wrong but i want a solution to the problem
Old 03-02-2009   #6
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Did you not read the recommended specs...

2x 3.2GHz Intel Xeon Quad
8GB RAM
2TB HDD @ 7200RPM
1x nVidia Quadro FX5600 1.5GB

It won't run on ANYTHING less than that. good luck.
Old 03-02-2009   #7
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
that's recommended

minimum is
* OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3
* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
* Memory: 1.5GB, 16GB Free Hard Drive Space
* Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

Unless i'm missing something out here, gta iv should run on it. I understand that it's a crappy port though.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #8
Jon P
Free your mind up

Jon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud of
Do it break it
Old 03-02-2009   #9
greeny2k8
Newbie Member

i have read the reccomended and thats why i bought all of this hardware so i cud play it im not thick i just need help to get it to play ive seen posts on here where ppl have less than what i ve got and their games work fine i want to know whats the deal with mine
Old 03-02-2009   #10
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Background running programs will often slow down games. MSN/Anti-Virus/anti spy etc. First, make sure that GTA is the only main thing running so it's getting access to all of the RAM and CPU it needs, then grab the patch. If all else fails, you can ring Rockstar Support.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #11
greeny2k8
Newbie Member

thx btw chandler bing rules lol
Old 03-02-2009   #12
SanFan
Don't try, you'll die!

SanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the roughSanFan is a jewel in the rough
has your computer even recognized all the hardware?
run the dxdiag and check it
SanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009   #13
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
Assuming you have the latest DirectX/video card drivers... do you have all of the patches? You can get them from Rockstar's site and also NVidia's for the separate graphics card patch.

Dammit, Rockstar Toronto should be doing this. They have an account here