Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Lost and Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2009   #1
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost And Damned Shatters Xbox Live Records (Duh!)Knew it**

Microsoft is incredibly happy with itself for the Grand Theft Auto IV expansion The Lost and Damned. On its press site, the company proclaimed:

"Already owner of the biggest entertainment launch in history, the Grand Theft Auto IV franchise continues its rampage on the record books with the Xbox 360 exclusive downloadable episode, The Lost and Damned. The highest reviewed downloadable content ever fromRockstar Games eclipsed first-day revenue for all previous downloadable content on Xbox Live."

While I'm sure The Lost and Damned will continue to sell like flame-broiled Whoppers (I'm convinced that hotcakes no longer sell) and the review scores are commendable, Microsoft's celebration is a little misleading. Obviously, the expansion was going to shatter revenue records -- it's more expensive than most other content on Xbox Live (1,600 MS points). Given the popularity of GTAIV and the expensive price, it was easy to predict The Lost and Damn's financial success.

Out of curiosity, have any of you downloaded the expansion? What do you think so far? If you ask me I loved it..TOTALLY

Source: http://gamerscoreblog.com/press/arch.../SunDevil.aspx
zeeshan810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009   #2
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
It's gopod that it did, but without records, we won't know, previous record was held by Street Fighter 2 HD Remix which sold 250,000 in it's first week, if TLAD only beat that a little bit that means TLAD has only made back $5 Million, it needs to break $25 Million to break even of what they paid.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009   #3
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
It's gopod that it did, but without records, we won't know, previous record was held by Street Fighter 2 HD Remix which sold 250,000 in it's first week, if TLAD only beat that a little bit that means TLAD has only made back $5 Million, it needs to break $25 Million to break even of what they paid.
Yeah..Well that's a long way too go but TLAD can do it!
zeeshan810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009   #4
yimpat
Registered Loser

yimpat is on a distinguished roadyimpat is on a distinguished road
But if you look at it from the point that this swayed people to buy GTA IV on the Xbox as opposed to the PS3 and in some cases even decided what console they bought. So I don't think it would be particularly accurate to say that only if it sells 25 mil it has broken even,although this is the most obvious factor in it's success financially.
yimpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009   #5
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
It wouldn't be surprising.

The Lost and Damned is pretty much value for money when it comes to DLC. I just got Halo Wars a few days ago, and my god, the campaign, I swear, is as long as GTA IV: The Lost and Damned's story mode (100% completion) - I've completed till Mission 8 (there are 15) in Halo Wars and I took as long as I did to complete about 80% of the story missions in TLAD!

Well, that explains again why I love Grand Theft Auto so much, and Halo, Metal Gear Solid, Mario, whatever other games put before me, they just can't compare!
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009   #6
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
I have no idea what point you're trying to make Hot Devil

Also TLAD is selling because its actually a quality product
Yes 1600 is more than most things on XBL marketplace but most that go for 800 are just new maps or other very small add ons
TLAD is worth way more than 2 typical 800 point items
Also as they have been proving for years now anything called GTA will sell amazingly
lillb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009   #7
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillb View Post
I have no idea what point you're trying to make Hot Devil

Also TLAD is selling because its actually a quality product
Yes 1600 is more than most things on XBL marketplace but most that go for 800 are just new maps or other very small add ons
TLAD is worth way more than 2 typical 800 point items
Also as they have been proving for years now anything called GTA will sell amazingly
i think hes trying to state how good the deal is, by stating that halo wars was made to a full fledge game and it was about as long as the lost and the damned which is just a dlc.
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009   #8
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
yea most likely just wasn't clear what he was trying to convey
the only expansion to rival it that i've seen is shivering isles which was pretty huge but also cost 2400 points unless you got the disc which came out cheaper
lillb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009   #9
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Then in rare cases you have people like me that used GTA IV as one of the big decision factors in getting a new console. I knew it'd be on PS3 and 360. When I heard about 360 content in the future it was Xbox for me. So Microsoft made a few hundred off of me.

I switched from PS2... and go figure... I got PS2 because I played GTA 3 and HAD to have it. Haha
dokujitsu is offline   Reply With Quote