Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2009   #1
Venom 1000TT
Newbie Member

Venom 1000TT is an unknown quantity at this point
Is the PC version still buggy?

First post here, used to belong to the Mod-Shack but since that place is dead and gone I figured I would ask here. Just wondering if the PC version is still buggy. I heard reviews that it was all messed up awhile ago, but I know things change over time. Was hoping to go buy it on Saturday but if it is really in need of an overhaul, I was going to hold off for awhile.

I did search, but didn't come up with a thread like this. Sorry if this is a common thing.

Thanks.
Venom 1000TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009   #2
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom 1000TT View Post
First post here, used to belong to the Mod-Shack but since that place is dead and gone I figured I would ask here. Just wondering if the PC version is still buggy. I heard reviews that it was all messed up awhile ago, but I know things change over time. Was hoping to go buy it on Saturday but if it is really in need of an overhaul, I was going to hold off for awhile.

I did search, but didn't come up with a thread like this. Sorry if this is a common thing.

Thanks.
More fixes have surfaced from the fan community over at GTAForums, but it has still been roughly the same - most bugs have been ironed out my the patches, but really, GTA IV on the PC is really just pop-ins or slowdowns (choose either one) if you have a PC which is not quad-core, have a GPU that has below 1GB of VRAM and has below 3GB of RAM, depending on how you tweak it - in other words, speed or graphics, you can't really have both, but some fixes will make things better.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009   #3
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
It is still a bit buggy yes, the latest game patch did add some fixes but at the same time broke other things such as the Internet Cafe computers which makes missions impossible to complete. The Game is more CPU dependent than GPU dependent. With other games a better video card = better performance. But in GTA4 thats not the case. Definately a Quad Core CPU is recommended if you want it to be playable.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009   #4
Venom 1000TT
Newbie Member

Venom 1000TT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by }{oT~dEv1L 666 View Post
More fixes have surfaced from the fan community over at GTAForums, but it has still been roughly the same - most bugs have been ironed out my the patches, but really, GTA IV on the PC is really just pop-ins or slowdowns (choose either one) if you have a PC which is not quad-core, have a GPU that has below 1GB of VRAM and has below 3GB of RAM, depending on how you tweak it - in other words, speed or graphics, you can't really have both, but some fixes will make things better.
Well, I don't have a quad core but I do have the other things you listed. I forsee it running somewhat slow, but as long as the majority of the bugs are starting to get sorted out that's good. I'll probably still wait until it drops below $50 at the same time.

Thanks for the replies.
Venom 1000TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009   #5
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
Sucks discouraging a sale, but it's true. Many of us can't get it to work right, including me, and it'd suck to see another person having trouble after spending $50. It's just a bad port, 50 patches won't make it work smoothly.

Sorry!

Can you post your system's details so we can better see how it would perform?
Old 02-28-2009   #6
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Duo cores aren't as bad as you would think running this game, there probably is a significant difference, but it plays it ok if you have a 2.6GHz dual core or higher.

thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009   #7
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Well, benchmarks have been done many times before, and CPU makes a hell lot of difference as compared to GPU, so yea, quad-core will do better than dual-core, but any PC gaming buff will tell you that performance on the PC doesn't increase linearly or proportionally to its hardware, meaning that more than twice as powerful a computer is needed to run just an application at twice the speed.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote