Old 02-23-2009   #1
Showtime2kX
Newbie Member

Showtime2kX is an unknown quantity at this point
Freezing issues

Hey,

I'm about 30% or so into TLAD and for some reason every time I try to go upstairs in the clubhouse, my system freezes. Now, I've tried going around the building and taking the stairway to the roof and that works fine until I try to go downstairs, where it freezes again. I read someone else had this same exact problem here on the forums. Is this my console, or game? I could try getting another GTA4 off of GameFly, but I'd send in my system if it was that.

In my own opinion, it sounds like a sector on either the HDD or the disc is corrupted which explains the reason for that one part on the stairs not working. Only thing though, online play I can go up and down the stairs in the clubhouse fine.

Any suggestions or fixes?

Thanks in advance.
Showtime2kX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #2
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
well i'm guessing the lost members aren't hanging out up there playing cards and arm wrestling during online play so it could possibly be an issue with rendering them
as far as a fix could u possibly delete and redownload TLAD, maybe some file or something got corrupted
Old 02-23-2009   #3
Showtime2kX
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillb View Post
well i'm guessing the lost members aren't hanging out up there playing cards and arm wrestling during online play so it could possibly be an issue with rendering them
as far as a fix could u possibly delete and redownload TLAD, maybe some file or something got corrupted
No it can render them because when I take the stairway and come in through the roof everything is fine.

If I delete and re-download TLAD, can I still keep my saved game file?
Old 02-23-2009   #4
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
oh ok i get what you were saying its only when u come from ground floor and go up or from the roof and go down to the ground floor
but I'm guessin you'd be able to keep the save games I think they are stored in a separate place from the actual DLC
Old 02-23-2009   #5
Showtime2kX
Newbie Member

lol, well, I'd like to be sure. Can anyone confirm this?

I'd hate to do that prison bus mission and 30 gang wars all over again.