Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Ballad of Gay Tony
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2009   #1
Jamezchidori
Newbie Member

Jamezchidori is an unknown quantity at this point
GTA IV 2nd DLC: Luis Fernando Lopez

****GTA IV 2nd Downloadable Content****

Who is going to be the protagonist for the 2nd DLC? nobody knows but it is speculated to be Luis Fernando Lopez and here is why.

****Supporting Evidence****

Reasons to support this theory are his mysterious appearances in Grand Theft Auto IV, and questionable background. This is also suspected due to Niko and Johnny, two protagonists, meet up in the museum, and Luis appears to ambush it. As well as the achievement you get after completing the Museum Piece mission is called "Impossible Trinity", which at first is cryptic, but makes speculative sense: 3 characters have been brought together by almost impossible events.Additionally,all of the GTA IV era protagonists have been arrested for highjacking,which is indeed a law Lopez has broken.

****Who Is This Guy?****

Luis Fernando Lopez is a Dominican-American street gangster associated with the Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers and also works as a bodyguard for club owner and Ancelotti associate Anthony "Gay Tony" Prince. He is also be rumored to be involved in underground fight clubs

****Appearances In GTA IV****

The first time he appears is when he visits the Bank of Liberty branch in Algonquin during the bank robbery pulled off by the McReary brothers and Niko Bellic in the mission Three Leaf Clover. Fellow hostage Eugene Reaper suggested that they stand up to the robbers. Luis stated it was a bad idea, which was proven when Eugene killed Keane and was then shot dead by Packie and Derrick. Luis escaped unharmed when the surviving robbers fled the scene.

The second time, he ambushes the diamond deal that Niko was making with Isaac Roth on behalf of the Pegorinos in the mission Museum Piece. It could be assumed, after the events in Lost & Damned, that Luis' employer has sent him to retrieve the diamonds after The Lost ambush the first exchange at The Platypus.

The third time he went to the diamond/Gracie Ancelotti exchange with Gay Tony in the mission Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend.

Furthermore, during the end credits of The Lost And Damned, one recap of the museum scenario shows Luis trying to escape via the roof as Johnny and Niko escape by bike and car respectively. Luis dashes to a skylight, then begins to open fire at someone below.

****Who are the Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers****

The Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers are led by Willy Valerio and Teddy Benavidez. Valerio's lieutenants are the Gomez brothers, Alonso and Oscar. The small crew isn't strong compared to its local competition, namely the North Holland Hustlers and Spanish Lords, but they are known to have recently begun working with Liberty City's Mafia families. Luis Lopez, the Dominican bodyguard of club owner and Ancelotti associate of "Gay" Tony Prince, is also from Northwood and is a known friend of Valerio and the Gomez brothers. Benavidez is known to do business with the Pegorino Family through Ray Boccino.

****Rockstar's Comments on Speculaton****

Gamer speculation holds that GTA's second DLC episode, following Lost and Damned, will feature Dominican dope dealer Luis Fernando Lopez. Given the chance to deny it to Gametrailers, Rockstar's Jeronimo Barrera didn't.

"Those are some interesting dots to connect, that's all I have to say," Barrera told Gametrailers TV's Geoff Keighley.

Last edited by Jamezchidori; 02-23-2009 at 11:36 AM..
Jamezchidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #2
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Every Man and his Dog knows it's going to be Luis now, many people guessed it before TLAD came out but after TLAD it pretty much seals the deal with him!
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #3
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
dont mean to rain on your parade but everything you have said there has been made into a thread or has been talked a lot about in a thread.but since you have taken the time to at least post all this information up and try to inform some people who the second dlc character is( as you can tell i dont say maybe or might i say who now because i am 98% sure its gonna be him) you deserve a thanks.i wanna tell you my opinion on how it may start i have the feeling the second dlc will start with you watching the bank job cutscene on the floor and luis stating how its not a good idea to intervene. from there my thoughts on what will happen vary he might try to go and go and steal some money that was left over, he might just walk out and get in his car and go drive up and see willy and tell him what just happened as a conversation piece and then the rest of the cutscene will be luis and willy talking about stuff that will be future events to come, or maybe you get out of there go see gay tony and say he the bank that your money is in just got robbed so i didnt make the withdraw (you never know this could be the reason gay tony wants those diamonds because he gets broke when the bank gets robbed), or maybe you just wait tell the noose come in and take all the hostages outside and then let them go and you just drive to willys place or your place. anyways those are some of my thoughts on what will happen on the second dlc.

I am Mister X - Play
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #4
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamezchidori View Post
The second time, he ambushes the diamond deal that Niko was making with Isaac Roth on behalf of the Pegorinos in the mission Museum Piece. It could be assumed, after the events in Lost & Damned, that Luis' employer has sent him to retrieve the diamonds after The Lost ambush the first exchange at The Platypus, killing Gay Tony in the process.

The third time he went to the diamond/Gracie Ancelotti exchange with Gay Tony in the mission Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend.
just pointing out a flaw in your post
Gay Tony doesnt die when the Lost steal the diamonds
you kill his friend Evan
you also proved contradicted yourself in the next statement when u said Luis shows up with Gay Tony so he can't be dead.
Old 02-23-2009   #5
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Just to add, I think this is copy pasted from somewhere as I'm sure I read this exact wording somewhere a week or two back.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #6
MurphySk8

MurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, it's from the IGN boards. Same guy.
MurphySk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #7
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
Give us the link of IGN! Basically you Just copied from another Website (IGN) and its not yours so yeah give us the link with it.
Old 02-23-2009   #8
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
The game will start in northern Algonquin and that should complete GTA IV's story.

So Niko starts off in Broker, Luis starts off in the Algonquin and Johnny starts off in Alderney so that's all three major islands.
Old 02-23-2009   #9
MurphySk8

MurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished road
He posted it on IGN's forums under almost the exact same screen-name. I'm saying it's the same guy. He posted it here for the people who don't go to both sites.
MurphySk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #10
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil chevelle View Post
i wanna tell you my opinion on how it may start i have the feeling the second dlc will start with you watching the bank job cutscene on the floor and luis stating how its not a good idea to intervene. from there my thoughts on what will happen vary he might try to go and go and steal some money that was left over, he might just walk out and get in his car and go drive up and see willy and tell him what just happened as a conversation piece and then the rest of the cutscene will be luis and willy talking about stuff that will be future events to come, or maybe you get out of there go see gay tony and say he the bank that your money is in just got robbed so i didnt make the withdraw (you never know this could be the reason gay tony wants those diamonds because he gets broke when the bank gets robbed), or maybe you just wait tell the noose come in and take all the hostages outside and then let them go and you just drive to willys place or your place. anyways those are some of my thoughts on what will happen on the second dlc.
I'm gonna have to disagree with your thoughts here.
I doubt his story will start at that point, I'm sure the first mission would probably be some job for Gay Tony, sort of like how in TLAD you picked up Billy and got his bike back. They didn't start the game at the drug deal Johnny goes to with Niko and Playboy X which was the first time Johnny was seen in GTA IV so I doubt they'd start with the bank job although I'm sure it will be in there and I'm sure they'll have some reason for him to be there not just conducting a simple deposit. And even if Gay Tony's money was in the bank he shouldn't be "broke" because of it since technically a bank should have insurance and not lose everyone's money if they get robbed.
But I will agree that its like 98% chance that Luis is the next character.
Old 02-23-2009   #11
Jamezchidori
Newbie Member

Jamezchidori is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshan810 View Post
Give us the link of IGN! Basically you Just copied from another Website (IGN) and its not yours so yeah give us the link with it.
Sad Face . I posted it on the IGN forums and here because they are my favorite GTA community's

http://boards.ign.com/grand_theft_au...7358631/p1/?13
Jamezchidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #12
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up No Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamezchidori View Post
Sad Face . I posted it on the IGN forums and here because they are my favorite GTA community's

http://boards.ign.com/grand_theft_au...7358631/p1/?13

I thought you copied someone Else's work and posted on this website! It alright!

Last edited by zeeshan810; 02-23-2009 at 03:21 PM..
zeeshan810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #13
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
the reason i say it starts from the bank is soley on the way they ended the credits with the lost and the damned. i think its gonna start with the bank and then do some missions part of me thinks also that it wont start that way and that it will be a mission to go to the bank and do something and then it gets robbed(and hopefully they dont tell you to go pick up the leftover cash cus that would be just plain dumb) also i dont think we will even know gay tony until a later part of the game he seems to be a major character and i have the feeling that you may do a mission and gay tony hears about it then he hires you as a body guard and thats when you start getting into the diamond deal storyline or maybe a few missions to warm up to the diamon deal subplot. but also do i want it to start at the bank job, no not really because i think there can be a lot of things to put in before that happens, and yes i know about the insurance thing that banks have but im kind of on the fence if rockstar will even put that detail in there if he was depostiting gay tonys money at all.

also a little thing on gay tony, when i played gta 4 i thought they just called him gay as a nickname but he didnt seem gay to me cus of 1. i thought maybe he was doin the nasty nasty with gracie 2. they didnt really eloborate on his sexuality on the online news or in his voice acting, but then again you only hear him talk once and it was kind of in a despair voice. but after i played the lost and the damned theres no dought in my mind hes gay.

I am Mister X - Play
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #14
yimpat
Registered Loser

yimpat is on a distinguished roadyimpat is on a distinguished road
I figured it would be him but where did you find out his name?
yimpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #15
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Any one has a screen shot of this Luis guy?