Old 02-23-2009   #16
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net
 
De7erminist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 590
De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
Like I said, I'm not going to argue about it but I will explain why I posted what I did.

I do prefer the PC and I have had to wait 6 months or more to buy GTA games ever since GTA 3 so believe me I know what you are talking about. I don't give 2 shits about Sony as a company that is not what this is about. I didn't buy a playstation 3 because I am on team PS3 and I thought Playstation is the traditional GTA system. The PC is the traditional GTA system and I am used to Rockstar selliing out to the highest bidder. I don't mind waiting a little longer for a better version of the game nor do I have a problem with a GTA game being an exclusive. Yes it's annoying if it happens to be an exclusive on a system that you have absolutly no use for and it will piss you off regardless of weather or not you have the money, have a problem with the system or it's manufacturer, ect.

There are two observations that I noticed that caused me to post here in the first place. One is that you appear to have no empathy what so ever and can't seem to understand that this dude is simply frustrated that he has had to spend a bunch of money in order to get the full GTA package. I can understand this because I have had to deal with it many times especially being a PC gamer and seeing many PC developers switch to consoles. It doesn't stop pissing you off weather you own a console or not. He likes the PS3 so he bought one and now he is upset that Rockstar has decided to put out the full GTA experiance only on the Xbox when his system is fully capable of playing the expansion. Yes it sucks and no there is not a reason other than pay offs but that is life and I understand that. Problem is, we get screwed while companies get cash. Yeah I know boo hoo but it is annoying and I don't see why people can't post their opinion when they get annoyed by it without instant retaliation from certain members on this board.

Now the second point.

It's one thing to have an Xbox 360 exclusive. For example, Gears of War. I like the game but I was not pissed that it was an Xbox 360 exclusive. If I wanted it then I would buy a 360. Then they release it on PC so that PC gamers will get into it and then decide not to release the second game on the PC so that everyone will buy a 360. Typical sales crap that gets under my skin. This is just like that but even more annoying. GTA 4 is not an Xbox 360 exclusive and so it is even more annoying to have the game on your system and then deny you the expansion content over cash as usual. Microsoft and the companies they pay have done this a billion times over the years. I am not shocked but I still get annoyed everytime it happens.

If they release a new game called Panzer 101 on the 360 and PS3 and it is the coolest game out and you think it is the best game of all time wouldn't it annoy you if Panzer 101 # 2 was released on the PS3 only and you have no use for a PS3 and have no interest in owning one? Sure you could suck it up and buy one or you could say "screw it, it may be the best game in the world but I ain't buying a PS3 just for that game." Either way you would be annoyed and rightly so. I don't care if Sony has the right to pay off the developer so they release the game only on the PS3 it's still highly annoying and we the consumers are the ones losing out. No point in getting pissed when people show how annoyed they are about it. At least the Xbox got all the GTA content from the PS2 eventually. And please don't bring up the lame ass hand-held stuff. It sucks to get a game from a game series and then find out the next game in the series or expansion is only on the system you don't own. If it was exclusive for a little while then that sucks but you would deal with it. If it's a new generation of systems then again there would be no problem but releasing the game on the PS3 and not the expansion is highly frustrating.

Lastly he wrote 3 sentences and only one of them was showing his frustration at having to spend so much money and you typed a six paragraph reply bashing him over and over about things like the spelling of GTA and how much of a fanboy he is. Heck, he was even polite and thanked you in advance for your help.
Of course I understand. I've been a PC owner for years now, and was really annoyed that I have to get a PSP and Xbox 360. But, you know what? After I got those consoles, I was pleased. I got my GTA experience, I made my choice, it sure is great. The Xbox 360 was better than I thought, and certainly value for money.

Not this guy. I hate hypocrites. First he says he is a fan. Why would a fan be angry just to fork out some money for the cheapest console? Like those others that complain about getting a DS for Chinatown Wars, this guy sure is one ignorant f*ck that fails to realize Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo and Rockstar Games are companies, and they do all these for a reason - money, and sustaining the growth of their business. This guy had a choice. Every fan should know the DLC and its exclusivity was announced with GTA IV in 2006 - 2 full years to put pennies into a piggy bank to get an Xbox 360! He chose to get two consoles, nobody forced him or anything, not every console or company is made equal - nobody but him is to be blamed, and if he chooses to let his anger out on other people, like Microsoft and visitors of these message board, then it's unfair.

Look, I do not hate on the PS3. In fact, I am intending to get one for the Blu-Ray. But the fact that this guy claims to be a fan and hate on Microsoft and Rockstar Games for some reason, he sure is not a gamer, and certainly not a GTA fan - more like a fan of hypocrisy.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #17
the_sextein
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 78
the_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished road
Well I guess I am as well. I can tell you that I like GTA a whole bunch. I bought GTA 1 and 2 on release date for the PC and I have continued to buy 2 copies both console and PC ever since. Yeah I bought an Xbox 360 cause I am a huge fan of Rockstar's GTA series and I didn't have to save for it because I already had the money. It's just annoying and you said it yourself that you were annoyed at having to get a PSP and an Xbox 360 so what is the problem?

Seriously, if Rockstar told us in a press release that they didn't want to spend the time to make their games on the PS3 due to hardware problems then I would be totally cool with that. But it's not cool to make a game for a system and then only allow one system the expansions or sequals to that game. It forces all of your customers on the one system to buy the other system and we are the ones that lose. I don't understand why you would want to stand up for companies that rip you off. I don't care if it's how buisiness works these days. If it screws you over then why take it on your knee's? I ain't happy about it but I understand it. That don't mean I am going to hand over my money with a smile to a company that is outright screwing me up the ass and I certainly am not going to bash people that are frustrated for putting up with the same shit. That is hypocritical. Secondly the topic poster seriously just wrote one comment about having to be charged for everything. Being a PS3 user he was used to having free internet and downloads there is no reason to get so mad at him and call him names.

Honestly, I have no problems with you and I am not trying to make you look like a pole-smoker I just don't agree man.

Last edited by the_sextein; 02-24-2009 at 12:55 AM..
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #18
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net
 
De7erminist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 590
De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
Well I guess I am as well. I can tell you that I like GTA a whole bunch. I bought GTA 1 and 2 on release date for the PC and I have continued to buy 2 copies both console and PC ever since. Yeah I bought an Xbox 360 cause I am a huge fan of Rockstar's GTA series and I didn't have to save for it because I already had the money. It's just annoying and you said it yourself that you were annoyed at having to get a PSP and an Xbox 360 so what is the problem?

Seriously, if Rockstar told us in a press release that they didn't want to spend the time to make their games on the PS3 due to hardware problems then I would be totally cool with that. But it's not cool to make a game for a system and then only allow one system the expansions or sequals to that game. It forces all of your customers on the one system to buy the other system and we are the ones that lose. I don't understand why you would want to stand up for companies that rip you off. I don't care if it's how buisiness works these days. If it screws you over then why take it on your knee's? I ain't happy about it but I understand it. That don't mean I am going to hand over my money with a smile to a company that is outright screwing me up the ass and I certainly am not going to bash people that are frustrated for putting up with the same shit. That is hypocritical. Secondly the topic poster seriously just wrote one comment about having to be charged for everything. Being a PS3 user he was used to having free internet and downloads there is no reason to get so mad at him and call him names.

Honestly, I have no problems with you and I am not trying to make you look like a pole-smoker I just don't agree man.
I understand how he feels, how you feel about my comment, but like I said, everyone has a choice, goddamnit - Microsoft, Sony or Rockstar Games did not in anyway force you or anyone else to purchase their products! He had a choice, so live with it, like I did. Yes, I said I was annoyed, but that was BEFORE I got the consoles, and now that I have gotten it, they are great! I mean, I'm a fan, anything that plays GTA is great...
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #19
the_sextein
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 78
the_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished road
Nobody forced me to buy a PS3 or Xbox 360 I agree. However where we seem to differ is that you seem to not care that it is crap now that you have went and bought a system and feel it is worth it. Myself, I don't have any issues with my 360 but I am still annoyed that I had to buy one. I wouldn't be if GTA 4 was a 360 exclusive because Rockstar did not want to work with sony. I am annoyed because the game is a PS3 title as well and it's sucks that they screwed over all of us for a bag of cash. Like I said, they could have announced that the DLC was Xbox only 10 years in advance and it would still be bullshit in my eyes because the game belongs on the PS3 and PC as well. Releasing future GTA's or expansions during the lifetime of these systems should be delt with as the original GTA 4 was in my opinion anything else is screwing the consumers as usual. Sometimes it doesn't work out, it's not a perfect world but I just feel everyone getting screwed by them should be able to express their displeasure without being blasted for it. I would feel the same way if Rockstar released Vice City on the original Xbox and not on the PS2.

When Final Fantasy 7 was released on the Playstation instead of Nintendo's system I was not mad because it was a new generation of consoles. They announce which system or systems they are going to release their games on and then you go buy them. If Square Enix announced that they were going to release Final Fantasy 7 on the Playstation and Final Fantasy 8 on the Nintendo system then I would be pissed because the game developer is forcing me to buy two systems to play their series of games. No game developer would want to do that because it doesn't benifit them. The only reason they would do it is if a console manufacturer paid them off which gives the game developer a reason to screw the consumers over hence, the reason I was annoyed and can relate with the topic poster.

Yes it happens and yes I dealt with it and have dealt with it for years but that doesn't stop it from being annoying and I feel justified in being annoyed by it.

Last edited by the_sextein; 02-24-2009 at 01:45 AM..
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #20
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation
 
devil chevelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: san jose california
Posts: 612
devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
ok how about this both companys are there for buisness and they like to get there deals for money if you dont understand that companys are here for money then fuck off. both companys are greedy rockstar signed deals with both of them, i wouldent be surprised if this guy who made this thread was one of the assholes on ign back in the day makin xbox owners feel like shit cus they have to wait for gta. the ball has turned its microsofts time now to get the deals and it was sonys problem that they didnt pay up. you may like the console sure but if you were a gta fan you would have been paying attention way back when they announced who was getting the dlc and if you didnt buy the console it was on or werent paying attention whos fault is it for not doing the reasearch and since you wanted a ps3 that bad this is the sacrifice you take life isnt going to be fun theres going to be sacrifices this happens to be the small portion of those sacrifices (unless your life is video games).
__________________
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol.
Put this in your sig if you like bagels.



I am Mister X - Play
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #21
the_sextein
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 78
the_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished road
I would wager it was probably a casual gamer or possibly someone who doesn’t type English as the first language and decided to type GTA 5 instead of Lost and Damned. Or maybe it was just some kid who knows. He hasn't posted back and probably won't, can't say I blame him.

Gamers have to make sacrifices yes but some of them are unnecessary and brought on by corporate agendas but of course that is the way these things go. I just don't see why it's such a terrible, fanboy, hypocritical type thing to complain when you get burned by it. We all get burned by it sometime or another. For me, it's not about actually paying for a 360 so I could play it. Heck I made that sacrifice, I just think it is bull considering the circumstances of the original games release and I don't have a problem with someone who is unhappy about all the hassle cause it makes perfect sense.

What if the market on the outskirts of your neighborhood sold gas for your car and you were cool with that but then a gas station 20 minutes away paid the market by your house a fixed amount every year so that they wouldn't sell gas anymore? Suddenly you are forced to drive 20 minutes to get gas every week. Sure you have to make sacrifices like buying gas for your car but some shit is extremely annoying and doesn't need to be. That's all I'm saying.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #22
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation
 
devil chevelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: san jose california
Posts: 612
devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
I would wager it was probably a casual gamer or possibly someone who doesn’t type English as the first language and decided to type GTA 5 instead of Lost and Damned. Or maybe it was just some kid who knows. He hasn't posted back and probably won't, can't say I blame him.

Gamers have to make sacrifices yes but some of them are unnecessary and brought on by corporate agendas but of course that is the way these things go. I just don't see why it's such a terrible, fanboy, hypocritical type thing to complain when you get burned by it. We all get burned by it sometime or another. For me, it's not about actually paying for a 360 so I could play it. Heck I made that sacrifice, I just think it is bull considering the circumstances of the original games release and I don't have a problem with someone who is unhappy about all the hassle cause it makes perfect sense.

What if the market on the outskirts of your neighborhood sold gas for your car and you were cool with that but then a gas station 20 minutes away paid the market by your house a fixed amount every year so that they wouldn't sell gas anymore? Suddenly you are forced to drive 20 minutes to get gas every week. Sure you have to make sacrifices like buying gas for your car but some shit is extremely annoying and doesn't need to be. That's all I'm saying.
good point. i could tell he had some trouble with english but i still think he had better puncuation then me.
__________________
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol.
Put this in your sig if you like bagels.



I am Mister X - Play
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #23
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net
 
De7erminist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 590
De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil chevelle View Post
ok how about this both companys are there for buisness and they like to get there deals for money if you dont understand that companys are here for money then fuck off. both companys are greedy rockstar signed deals with both of them, i wouldent be surprised if this guy who made this thread was one of the assholes on ign back in the day makin xbox owners feel like shit cus they have to wait for gta. the ball has turned its microsofts time now to get the deals and it was sonys problem that they didnt pay up. you may like the console sure but if you were a gta fan you would have been paying attention way back when they announced who was getting the dlc and if you didnt buy the console it was on or werent paying attention whos fault is it for not doing the reasearch and since you wanted a ps3 that bad this is the sacrifice you take life isnt going to be fun theres going to be sacrifices this happens to be the small portion of those sacrifices (unless your life is video games).
Yes, this is exactly what I'm saying.

@the_sextein: What I'm saying is that, I understand how gamers get burned by these corporate agendas you mentioned. I myself hate it that I don't get some GTA merchandise in my locale, but I don't go complaining on a message board and show my idiocy for making the wrong choices in life. But, he's coming to here for help, and first thing he says is to jump on Microsoft and say they're money hungry, then jump on Rockstar Games to say that they betrayed him. Rockstar didn't betray you - the first GTA was on Windows, so was the two expansion packs - the second was exclusive to Microsoft.


Regardless of what others say, The Lost and Damned isn't Rockstar's first DLC - London 1961 is - it is downloadable, and it is additional game add-on content. It is fair - Microsoft got the DLC to the Original GTA exclusive then, Microsoft gets it exclusive now, nothing has changed - what betrayal are you talking about? I believe people are angry because of the US$50 Million. Look, Microsoft provided this ammount of cash for the development of the two expansion packs. It is only right that it does not go to their competitor's system!

Now, Sony, they got the GTA III era of games first, they get the GTA IV game now, nothing has changed. Again, it is fair - Sony got GTA1, they got GTA2, they got GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas, now they got GTA IV - nothing has changed, it is fair. They got the biggest share of GTA games on their consoles, I believe, now that, is really unfair if you want to talk abut being money-hungry.

Now let's talk about Nintendo. They got GTA and GTA2 on the Gameboy Color. They got GTA Advance on the GameBoy Advance. Now they got GTA Chinatown Wars on the Nintendo DS. Once again, it is fair, NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

Since GTA III, it has been like this - Microsoft got the exclusive DLC/add-ons, Sony got the games, Nintendo got the handhelds. It has changed a little, for example Sony got TWO handheld add-ons, but it has always remained the same - Rockstar Games has not shortchanged fans of any companies, they all got their Grand Theft Auto titles, it's called DIVERSIFYING your product line. If you are annoyed by having to purchase systems from three companies, so be it - you don't have to. It's a mindset thing. Let me explain.

For example, if it is exclusive, people complain - it doesn't come to your console. Look, now it's on all three consoles, happy? Yes, so now there is downloadable content - if there isn't, people say they limit the game, now there is one for the Xbox 360, you complain about it not coming for your system. Now, this is business and Rockstar Games wants to diversify their reach to the masses, plus they get US $50 Million for it.

Now look at it from a gamer perspective - somebody who is a hardcore or casual gamer, it doesn't matter, but this guy isn't a GTA fan. Let's presume he owns Nintendo consoles. This guy has seen reviews and videos about GTA IV, and he thought that it was impressive. He wants to play a GTA game. Does Rockstar have to put every GTA game on ONE system and this guy gets nothing? No. Now he gets Chinatown Wars, all is fair, every one from a Nintendo to a Microsoft or Sony supporter gets some GTA action. We may not get the full package, but life's like that! Look, you have a choice, so do not complain about it - if you choose to be annoyed by it, then you will be.

All I'm saying is that everything is fair, Rockstar Games has not betrayed anybody - Sony is not a loser, Microsoft is not a winner. Soon enough you will see some Grand Theft Auto IV HOME content on the PS3, and I will get a PS3 if this happens. We all have a choice, you pick yours, and don't complain. Leave your regrets to the confession room - this is a message board for Grand Theft Auto fans.

Last edited by De7erminist; 02-24-2009 at 07:45 AM..
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #24
the_sextein
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 78
the_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished road
So let me get this straight, this guy is not a fan even though he bought a 360 just for the downloadable content? He is an asshole because he doesn't like to get ripped off and he should not complain on this board because it is sacrilege to be pissed about anything GTA?

I agree Rockstar is fair to everyone with the exception of it's consumers. Maybe it's because I grew up with game companies that treated their fans better. I could care less how many exclusives Sony or Microsoft have. It's doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is when a company puts out a game on one system and then a sequel or expansion pack for the very same game exclusively on another system. I don't care if it's fair to Microsoft or Sony because you know what? The system that is the best should get the best games. If Rockstar decides it would rather put out games for the underdog then fine but don't half ass it like they are doing on Sony's machine right now.

Also Microsoft got London and the first GTA games because Rockstar chose to make computer games and Microsoft's OS is the only one that plays PC games with stability. Everything after GTA 2 was because of cash and while that is fine I don't enjoy getting milked just so Rockstar can take a 50 million handout for doing jack. Maybe I am the only one that thinks Rockstar should make it's money from you know, selling games instead of receiving handouts to screw a select portion of us. You say I should make up my mind and make my choices and live with the shitty ones. What do you think I have done? Dude, I got every game system on the planet now even though I hardly need the PS3 and Xbox 360. It doesn't change the fact that it is extremely annoying and didn't have to be this way. Companies that get paid by off pull a Gears of War or GTA 4 these days and it sucks. Period.

Take my example of the gas station that I used earlier. You would represent someone who lives right next to the gas station and would be happy because now that the gas station paid off the market you get your gas for a few cents cheaper. I represent the people who live by the market and have to drive 20 minutes to get gas every week. You are happy I am pissed. Now you could say all kinds of things like” Live with it it is life" or "Move away if it's that bad" I am the one that says "You know what? Paying off the market so that everyone in my area is fucked pisses me off. Yes I AM dealing with it but it sure isn't cool and I see no problem with complaining about bullshit that shouldn’t happen.

Lastly, this is not an argument about weather it's politically correct for Rockstar to accept payments from console manufactures. I already got jumped for that conversation weeks ago. I am simply saying the dude has a right to complain and you threw it way off the handle and tore him a new one over a single sentence that you didn't like. It was bullshit, end of story.

Last edited by the_sextein; 02-24-2009 at 11:47 PM..
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #25
Ash_735
 
Ash_735's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 8,208
Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
You two still at it, just to let you know, the guy got his answer on the first page and has not returned since, so who you're trying to impress i have no idea.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #26
the_sextein
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 78
the_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished road
I'm just trying to impress you ash, I forgot to mention it but now you know. I do have to wander who you are trying to impress though? that comment was full of interesting information that just about blew me out of my chair and must have taken alot of effort.

But seriously the dude probably didn't come back because he was treated like ass. Though I admit you answered his question very well. I wander if he even came back and read it though. He may have wandered off hours earlier thinking WTF?

Last edited by the_sextein; 02-24-2009 at 11:48 PM..
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #27
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net
 
De7erminist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 590
De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
So let me get this straight, this guy is not a fan even though he bought a 360 just for the downloadable content? He is an asshole because he doesn't like to get ripped off and he should not complain on this board because it is sacrilege to be pissed about anything GTA?

I agree Rockstar is fair to everyone with the exception of it's consumers. Maybe it's because I grew up with game companies that treated their fans better. I could care less how many exclusives Sony or Microsoft have. It's doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is when a company puts out a game on one system and then a sequel or expansion pack for the very same game exclusively on another system. I don't care if it's fair to Microsoft or Sony because you know what? The system that is the best should get the best games. If Rockstar decides it would rather put out games for the underdog then fine but don't half ass it like they are doing on Sony's machine right now.

Also Microsoft got London and the first GTA games because Rockstar chose to make computer games and Microsoft's OS is the only one that plays PC games with stability. Everything after GTA 2 was because of cash and while that is fine I don't enjoy getting milked just so Rockstar can take a 50 million handout for doing jack. Maybe I am the only one that thinks Rockstar should make it's money from you know, selling games instead of receiving handouts to screw a select portion of us. You say I should make up my mind and make my choices and live with the shitty ones. What do you think I have done? Dude, I got every game system on the planet now even though I hardly need the PS3 and Xbox 360. It doesn't change the fact that it is extremely annoying and didn't have to be this way. Companies that get paid by off pull a Gears of War or GTA 4 these days and it sucks. Period.

Take my example of the gas station that I used earlier. You would represent someone who lives right next to the gas station and would be happy because now that the gas station paid off the market you get your gas for a few cents cheaper. I represent the people who live by the market and have to drive 20 minutes to get gas every week. You are happy I am pissed. Now you could say all kinds of things like” Live with it it is life" or "Move away if it's that bad" I am the one that says "You know what? Paying off the market so that everyone in my area is fucked pisses me off. Yes I AM dealing with it but it sure isn't cool and I see no problem with complaining about bullshit that shouldn’t happen.

Lastly, this is not an argument about weather it's politically correct for Rockstar to accept payments from console manufactures. I already got jumped for that conversation weeks ago. I am simply saying the dude has a right to complain and you threw it way off the handle and tore him a new one over a single sentence that you didn't like. It was bullshit, end of story.
You do know that gas is essential (transportation), in a way, gaming isn't? Video games are a luxury. It's not as if you have to go the extra mile to get an Xbox 360 instead of a PS3, they're both game consoles, they both play games.

Why is it you fail to understand that no, ROCKSTAR GAMES DID NOT 'BETRAY' ANYONE, NEITHER DID SQUARE ENIX when they announced Final Fantasy XIII on the Xbox 360.

Like I said, nothing has changed, it has been this way since the FIRST GRAND THEFT AUTO - even if the motivation for making it Microsoft exclusive seems to have changed this time round, but it's still the same thing, it's a Microsoft exclusive and I don't udnerstand why people get jumped up when it's been this way ALL THE GODDAMN WHILE!

Sony had some deals with Rockstar Games before, that's why they released GTA III - Vice City Stories for Sony systems. In case you didn't realize, the contract is most probably still intact, that is why you still get GTA IV for PS3, and no DLC, which the contact doesn't cover, I believe.

Now, if anyone is to blame for DLC not coming out for the PS3, I'll tell you who - Sony's lawyers.

And to Ash_735, I'm not trying to impress anybody here, I'm trying to get my point straight.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #28
MurdererMarv
Psychotic Lurker
Junior Member
 
MurdererMarv's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 64
MurdererMarv will become famous soon enoughMurdererMarv will become famous soon enoughMurdererMarv will become famous soon enoughMurdererMarv will become famous soon enoughMurdererMarv will become famous soon enoughMurdererMarv will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by }{oT~dEv1L 666 View Post
You do know that gas is essential (transportation), in a way, gaming isn't? Video games are a luxury. It's not as if you have to go the extra mile to get an Xbox 360 instead of a PS3, they're both game consoles, they both play games.

Why is it you fail to understand that no, ROCKSTAR GAMES DID NOT 'BETRAY' ANYONE, NEITHER DID SQUARE ENIX when they announced Final Fantasy XIII on the Xbox 360.

Like I said, nothing has changed, it has been this way since the FIRST GRAND THEFT AUTO - even if the motivation for making it Microsoft exclusive seems to have changed this time round, but it's still the same thing, it's a Microsoft exclusive and I don't udnerstand why people get jumped up when it's been this way ALL THE GODDAMN WHILE!

Sony had some deals with Rockstar Games before, that's why they released GTA III - Vice City Stories for Sony systems. In case you didn't realize, the contract is most probably still intact, that is why you still get GTA IV for PS3, and no DLC, which the contact doesn't cover, I believe.

Now, if anyone is to blame for DLC not coming out for the PS3, I'll tell you who - Sony's lawyers.

And to Ash_735, I'm not trying to impress anybody here, I'm trying to get my point straight.
I agree.
People need to understand, at the end of the day rockstar is a company. They need to turn a profit, they are not stupid. What this dunce doesn't realize is that rockstar may release tLaD iun the future on the ps3, but for now it is an exclusive. Rockstar did what was in their best interest as a company, and this guy needs to get that through his head. BTW, I have it for the ps3, and i am a diehard gta-fan. You won't hear me complaining.
MurdererMarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #29
the_sextein
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 78
the_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished road
Ok, I'm not going to continue to beat a dead horse. Whoever started this thread is a hypocritical asshole and he is not a fan of GTA. You were perfectly justified to call him out on that whole sentence he wrote that offended this community so badly because you know exactly who he is and what his motivations are. Rockstar is a company so treating customers with respect is not important. I am ignorant and stupid for being annoyed and should never speak my opinion unless it's ok with you or I will get the same treatment. Oh and yeah I forgot that I am a dunce because a corporation MIGHT release something in the future. Right

I am not a moron I know that gaming and transportation are not the same thing. It was an analogy that applies to the current argument in a logical way that you are too stubborn to understand. Why you keep mentioning all of these exclusives and deals is beyond me. I don't care who got what and when. I don't care if it's Sony's fault or Microsofts fault or Rockstar's fault. My point is it sucks and WE get screwed. If you are so mature that you won't complain when you get raped then good for you. I hope GTA 5 comes out on the Wii so you can buy that one as well just like a good boy. I have nothing further to argue. I could say that Manson is terrible because he killed people and you would probably say "He is a murderer that is what they do, don't complain you childish panzy” and I would reply just like I have because there really is nothing left to argue about when the conversation gets that retarded.

One last thing, I do agree that squareenix has done nothing wrong by releasing Final Fantasy 13 on the 360. I have no problem with them making a game for the 360 so that they can sell more copies. Selling the game on the 360 is not going to make the PS3 version dissapear and who knows maybe the 360 hardware will run the engine better and cause the game to look better for fans that have a 360. No problem there. If Squareenix releases Final Fantasy 13/2 during the life cycle of these systems and it is only for PS3 then I will think it's bull just like I think TLAD and GOW2 is bull.

I would laugh if Microsoft got interested in bringing back the PC and they paid Rockstar 1 billion just to release GTA 5 on the PC only and it would require a $3000 system to run. I would bet that 9 out of 10 people on this board that are so smug in this arguement would be super pissed and I would just sit back and laugh at their hypocrisy. Hey Microsoft and Rockstar are just corporations doing what they do right? If you want it so bad then you have to make a sacrifice because that quad core intel chip just ain't gonna cut it. GTA is worth $3000 to me since I already have a $3000 cutting edge system that I updated yesterday so stop complaining,get it through your head, ect...Yeah I bet alot of people would be singing the same tune I am now if it happened like that but whatever. I'd be like 'Murdermarv your so silly it might come out on the PS5 in 2028 so stop complaining."

Last edited by the_sextein; 02-25-2009 at 11:47 PM..
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #30
lillb
Casual User
 
lillb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,713
lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
lol still going...
__________________
lillb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:54 AM.