Old 02-21-2009   #1
casttro
Newbie Member

casttro is an unknown quantity at this point
GTA 5 Quick Question

I'm new to X360... If I donwload the content do I have to stay conneted to the internet to play the game???? Or once its downloaded I'm good to go without internet connention???

I just made my profile but, I been visisting the site for updates since GTA 3... I feel kinda betrayed by rockstar because I'm a die hard GTA Fan but also a die hard PS3 fan... I only brought the 360 to play the GTA Content... But its like 360 is so thristy for money you have to buy the content, buy internet service, have so many point, buy a router just to be wireless its all a big hassle. But thanks for helping me out!!!!!
casttro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009   #2
Hell Inferno X2
I'm Batman

Hell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enoughHell Inferno X2 will become famous soon enough
Welcome to the gtagaming forums! First off, we arn't on GTA 5 quite yet (like your title says) And second, no you do not need to stay connected to the internet to play The Lost and Damned downloadable content.....well at least the story mode. You have to connect to the internet to play the online modes though. Hope that answers your questions

P.S. I understand what you mean by microsoft being so money hungry....
Hell Inferno X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009   #3
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by casttro View Post
I been visisting the site for updates since GTA 3... I feel kinda betrayed by rockstar because I'm a die hard GTA Fan but also a die hard PS3 fan... I only brought the 360 to play the GTA Content... But its like 360 is so thristy for money you have to buy the content, buy internet service, have so many point, buy a router just to be wireless its all a big hassle. But thanks for helping me out!!!!!
First, off, you contradict yourself.

If you are a die-hard GTA fan, like most of us here, including me, you should know that The Lost and Damned is just DLC (like London 1969 and 1961) and not close to even a full game and it's certainly not GTA V. You should already be familiar with Rockstar North/DMA's fashion of naming GTA games also, it's Grand Theft Auto III, not GTA 3.

Also, Microsoft being money-hungry? You are more of a Sony fanboy than a GTA fanboy. Grand Theft Auto started out on the PC, and every die-hard fan should know that the expansion packs for the ORIGINAL GRAND THEFT AUTO came out only for the PC (Microsoft DOS and Windows, to be specific), and it was only a period of time after that the original GTA and only one expansion pack (London 1969) was ported to the PlayStation 1. Rockstar Games would never had went to Sony (which by the way the PS2 wasn't really that great) if not because the Housers had ties with BMG which belonged and still belongs to Sony, and they needed music rights.

Besides, you gotta owe PS2's success to GTA, mostly, so shut the hell up! GTA has done enough for your crappy console, and you gotta understand that "Business is Business"! The true die-hard Grand Theft Auto fanatics like me have already suffered enough by having to wait almost a year for games in the GTA III era to come out for the Microsoft platforms because of Sony's crappy excusivity deals, and it's only fair that we get some payback for that!

It's not surprising that Microsoft got what they deserved! They got exclusivity to the first and original Grand Theft Auto expansions, what makes you think that GTA IV's will be any different? And even then, they had to pay 50 Million dollars for that, and it's only downloadable content and not even the exclusivity rights to the whole game! Shame on you to even complain when you can play GTA IV on your PS3!

I feel sad for Microsoft, although I prefer Apple if they were in the core gaming scene. Some Japanese company dares to snatch away your business, and pretends to walk away later to appear as the victims! It's not money-hungry to fork out a BIG DEAL OF CASH to get back WHAT WAS YOURS! It's like forking out 50 Million US Dollars to get back your Beautiful Wife after she leaves off for a poor man with herpes, and then after that being insulted upon by the friends of that poor man to make you seem like the bad guy! Or, forking out 50 Million US Dollars to get your Lamborghini back from the garage after maintainance, and then after that a few thousand people go on your ass making seem like the garage owners are the victims!

It's not just fair for Microsoft, not fair for true, die-hard Grand Theft Auto fanatics just because you Sony fans want a piece of the action! Remember, "Business is Business" - Rockstar had to create a goddamn trailer to tell you that, jackass! If you think Sony is so great, why don't they fork out some money to get their exclusivity deals back? Because they, my friend, are the true money-hungry and selfish pricks who don't give a damn about their fans - stop being a blind follower!

Last edited by De7erminist; 02-24-2009 at 01:17 AM..
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009   #4
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Hot Devil I understand you probably feel pretty strongly about some of those points but I think you took it a little far
Like really you attacked him for saying GTA 3 rather than Grand Theft Auto III come on now
I'm just as tired as you are of PS3 fanboys crying about the content being exclusive but I don't think you made a very valid point. Microsoft didn't own GTA at any time so its not like they are getting back a possession of theirs by paying 50 mil for exclusive content
They are simply using some of their cash to ensure that they have an upper hand on the competition which I wouldn't say is "wrong" since its benefits their customers and will have some people like the OP buying a 360 just for it
so its smart business but I don't think u made a valid argument.
Old 02-22-2009   #5
De7erminist

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillb View Post
Hot Devil I understand you probably feel pretty strongly about some of those points but I think you took it a little far
Like really you attacked him for saying GTA 3 rather than Grand Theft Auto III come on now
I'm just as tired as you are of PS3 fanboys crying about the content being exclusive but I don't think you made a very valid point. Microsoft didn't own GTA at any time so its not like they are getting back a possession of theirs by paying 50 mil for exclusive content
They are simply using some of their cash to ensure that they have an upper hand on the competition which I wouldn't say is "wrong" since its benefits their customers and will have some people like the OP buying a 360 just for it
so its smart business but I don't think u made a valid argument.
I'm not saying they owned it or anything.

What I was saying is that: it was unfair that Sony took the GTA series from their traditional platform (PC) and made them generate revenue from the series, and now it is just simple DLC - and fanboys complain! I mean, it's payback for Sony making things so inconvenient in the GTA III era! And London 1961, the first of expansion pack sfor the GTA series, has been a Windows exclusive, what, is it really that surprising now that the DLC for GTA IV is exclusive to Microsoft? I mean, c'mon, topic poster... you're not a GTA fan, you are a Sony fanboy - that was all I was trying to say.

I mean, anybody can claim they are a fan of something... he might be a fan of GTA, a casual fan at most, but what's with the GTA5 thing? And saying Microsoft is money-hungry just leads me to think this guy is a blind fanboy.

I mean, which company's purpose to exist isn't to make money? NAME ME ONE, FANBOY!

I am angry because I am a GTA fan, and this guy seems to me that he really is just one blind Sony fan. Look, don't call me a fanboy, I own a PSP, DS, Xbox 360, PC - systems from all three companies now. I also own Saints Row 2, and at least I can see it's strengths.

I believe in brand loyalty, but I don't believe it to the extent of conformity, which in this case this guy clearly shows that he is a pure conformist.
Old 02-22-2009   #6
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
damn that was a nice one devil. holy crap i couldent agree with you more it seems like no one out there knows that corporations are there to make money not to care about what there competition or how this might affect there rivals in the buisness and there rivals fans. also didnt not know there was a londong expansion pack. but then again i never played london so i couldent tell you what the original was like.only top down gta i played was gta but that was way back in the day where i was like i dont even know elementary i think and my mom wouldent let anything violent around me lol.

I am Mister X - Play
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009   #7
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
Microsoft is money hungry. Yes, and Sony give their items away for free. They don't overprice their products just because of their highly known label.

Really. Shit like that pisses me off to no end.
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009   #8
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
I don't get why people defend a company. Its weird. All companys are money hungry. Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Apple, you name it, they are in business to make money and the way they do that is by selling products, like ipods, xboxes, PS3s, and wiis. That is just their way of making cash.
Old 02-22-2009   #9
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Companies are made to make money.
it's not all "awh, donate this, giveaway that."
They want dat chedda cheezze!

EDIT: yeah, what Shy Child just said RIGHT BEFORE me.
Old 02-22-2009   #10
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Bypassing the fanboy wars, no you don't need Xbox Live Gold to download TLAD, Xbox Live Silver (The free one) will do, you'll still need to buy Microsoft Points though to buy the Lost and Damned and remember to download on YOUR Profile and on YOUR console, some people don't seem to get how DRM works and then complain that R* or Microsoft have fucked them over when really it's their own stupidity.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009   #11
the_sextein

the_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished road
I promise I am not going to argue with anyone here but I would like to point out that the topic poster openly admited that he was partial to Sony and also that he purchased an Xbox 360. He is obviously not a fanboy if he owns both systems and openly admits that he prefers sony over Xbox. It is simply his preference. It's totally not cool to jump all over him on his first post in this forum simply because he is frustrated by all the money he is being forced to spend in order to get the whole GTA experiance from a game that is not xbox exclusive. I went though this a few weaks back where the same shit happened to me because I was pissed and showed negativity toward Microsoft. They deserve the shit they are getting from people and no we are not fanboys. Rockstar may be a great developer but just because they decide to screw over their fanbase for a sack of cash doesn't make it ok for Microsoft to be doing what they are doing and this is comming from a PC fanboy who owns Microsofts OS and got screwed over buy Sony and Consoles in general in the beginning. It's obvious though since Microsoft owns games for windows and yet the content isn't on the PC either not that it matters since the PC version don't work.

Last edited by the_sextein; 02-22-2009 at 02:01 PM..
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #12
De7erminist

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
I promise I am not going to argue with anyone here but I would like to point out that the topic poster openly admited that he was partial to Sony and also that he purchased an Xbox 360. He is obviously not a fanboy if he owns both systems and openly admits that he prefers sony over Xbox. It is simply his preference. It's totally not cool to jump all over him on his first post in this forum simply because he is frustrated by all the money he is being forced to spend in order to get the whole GTA experiance from a game that is not xbox exclusive. I went though this a few weaks back where the same shit happened to me because I was pissed and showed negativity toward Microsoft. They deserve the shit they are getting from people and no we are not fanboys. Rockstar may be a great developer but just because they decide to screw over their fanbase for a sack of cash doesn't make it ok for Microsoft to be doing what they are doing and this is comming from a PC fanboy who owns Microsofts OS and got screwed over buy Sony and Consoles in general in the beginning. It's obvious though since Microsoft owns games for windows and yet the content isn't on the PC either not that it matters since the PC version don't work.
Oh yea, why is it that PC and Xbox owners (preference) had to WAIT for full GTA games, and even then people who own PS3s (preference) have to complain when it's just SIMPLY DLC? You got the edge over others before, there is no harm giving the incentive or passing it on to other people. Saying that Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Rockstar Games or any other company is money-hungry is simply biased in this case. Period.

Topic poster: Nobody is asking you to get an Xbox 360 and give you hard-earned cash to them. You did it because you enjoy GTA, you enjoyed the DLC, you enjoyed the LIVE service - full stop. If you think you were cheated, that is your fault for having high expectations, and it has nothing to do with them being a business. There are choices - there are three versions of GTA IV. The PS3 version just works, the Xbox 360 version has DLC, the PC version has a video editor - whichever your choice(s), live with them and stop complaining, you chose it!
Old 02-23-2009   #13
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeback209 View Post
Microsoft is money hungry. Yes, and Sony give their items away for free. They don't overprice their products just because of their highly known label.

Really. Shit like that pisses me off to no end.
the hell are you saying are you serious since when. so i can call sony up and say hey i need a new controller and there gonna mail me it right. wow this is definintely has to be the dumbest comment i have seen. if your talkin about online products through psn then yes they do charge you to buy things also. and yes they overprice there products look at the ps3 smart one.

I am Mister X - Play
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #14
the_sextein

the_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished road
Hot devil 666 I share your enthusiasm for GTA but I don't agree with how you treated this guy.

Like I said, I'm not going to argue about it but I will explain why I posted what I did because I feel the same way he does and I delt with the same crap a while ago.

I do prefer the PC and I have had to wait 6 months or more to buy GTA games ever since GTA 3 so believe me I know what you are talking about. I don't give 2 shits about Sony as a company that is not what this is about. I didn't buy a playstation 3 because I am on team PS3 and I thought Playstation is the traditional GTA system. The PC is the traditional GTA system and I am used to Rockstar selliing out to the highest bidder. I don't mind waiting a little longer for a better version of the game nor do I have a problem with a GTA game being an exclusive. Yes it's annoying if it happens to be an exclusive on a system that you have absolutly no use for and it will piss you off regardless of weather or not you have the money, have a problem with the system or it's manufacturer, ect.

There are two observations that I noticed that caused me to post here in the first place. One is that you appear to have no empathy what so ever and can't seem to understand that this dude is simply frustrated that he has had to spend a bunch of money in order to get the full GTA package. I can understand this because I have had to deal with it many times especially being a PC gamer and seeing many PC developers switch to consoles. It doesn't stop pissing you off weather you own a console or not. He likes the PS3 so he bought one and now he is upset that Rockstar has decided to put out the full GTA experiance only on the Xbox when his system is fully capable of playing the expansion. Yes it sucks and no there is not a reason other than pay offs but that is life and I understand that. Problem is, we get screwed while companies get cash. Yeah I know boo hoo but it is annoying and I don't see why people can't post their opinion when they get annoyed by it without instant retaliation from certain members on this board. I figured being gamers, GTA fans, and game system consumers that it would be a universally understood annoyance that we the consumers have to put up with but it would seem that people who prefer the Xbox and use it for a variety of things don't see it that way and get annoyed at those of us that do simply because it isn't burning them at the moment.

Now the second point.

It's one thing to have an Xbox 360 exclusive. For example, Gears of War. I like the game but I was not pissed that it was an Xbox 360 exclusive. If I wanted it then I would buy a 360. Then they release it on PC so that PC gamers will get into it and then decide not to release the second game on the PC so that everyone will buy a 360. Typical sales crap that gets under my skin. This is just like that but even more annoying. GTA 4 is not an Xbox 360 exclusive and so it is even more annoying to have the game on your system and then deny you the expansion content over cash as usual. Microsoft and the companies they pay have done this a billion times over the years. They could announce that it was exclusive a million years in advance and it would still be annoying. If the game is not exclusive then don't this to us and if the game is released on a system do not make a sequal for the competing system only. I am not shocked but I still get annoyed everytime it happens. If GTA4 was Xbox only then this would not be a problem. If they put GTA 4 out on the PS3 and Xbox and release them at the same time no less then GTA expansions and GTA 5,6 ect.. should continue to be released on both systems. It doesn't always work out that way but I think everyone should be able to agree that it sucks and have not problem understanding other peoples frustration with it. It certainly doesn't make you a fanboy.

If they release a new game called Panzer 101 on the 360 and PS3 and it is the coolest game out and you think it is the best game of all time wouldn't it annoy you if Panzer 101 # 2 was released on the PS3 only and you have no use for a PS3 and have no interest in owning one? Sure you could suck it up and buy one or you could say "screw it, it may be the best game in the world but I ain't buying a PS3 just for that game." Either way you would be annoyed and rightly so. I don't care if Sony has the right to pay off the developer so they release the game only on the PS3 it's still highly annoying and we the consumers are the ones losing out. No point in getting pissed when people show how annoyed they are about it. At least the Xbox got all the GTA content from the PS2 eventually. And please don't bring up the lame ass hand-held stuff. It sucks to get a game from a game series and then find out the next game in the series or expansion is only on the system you don't own. If it was exclusive for a little while then that sucks but you would deal with it. If it's a new generation of systems then again there would be no problem but releasing the game on the PS3 and not the expansion is highly frustrating.

Lastly he wrote 3 sentences and only one of them was showing his frustration at having to spend so much money and you typed a six paragraph reply bashing him over and over about things like the spelling of GTA and how much of a fanboy he is. Heck, he was even polite and thanked us in advance for our help.

Last edited by the_sextein; 02-24-2009 at 12:41 AM..
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #15
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
atleast someone can make a civilized argument
and i completely agree with you sexstein it would be annoying but atleast you can accept that thats the way big businesses work which some can't
i'd prob be ticked if i had gotten a PS3 as i had originally wanted being a PS2 fanboy but I got an Xbox 360 a few christmas's back and i'm happy with it and glad that i got it although if i could afford it I'd have a PS3 too.
and I do think its bullshit that they excluded the PC version as well considering that is also Microsoft's customers