Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Lost and Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2009   #1
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
GTA IV: TLAD - From a Fanboy's Perspective (My Review)

Here is my review of Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned DLC... enjoy!

Quote:

As a Grand Theft Auto fanatic, I must admit that Grand Theft Auto IV has not lived up to the hype, although certainly 10/10 worthy. Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned, however, is different. It is not only short and sweet, but totally worth the 1600 Microsoft Points if you consider the price of add-ons like map packs and additional music tracks for First-Person Shooter and Music games. Many video games add new characters, new missions, new vehicles, new weapons, new music or new multiplayer modes, but Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned does all of them, and more.

The first time you start Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned, you will realize that it feels totally different from Grand Theft Autp IV, although still set in the same city with the some familiar people that you would have seen from Grand Theft Auto IV. The "noise" grainy filter used in the game also adds atmosphere to the game.

For long-time Grand Theft Auto fanatics, you will be pleased to find that Rockstar North had took the 'gang' formula from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and refined it to be much better than what Saint's Row 2 had done. You can now improve your gang members' (Terry and Clay's) toughness, allowing them to fight better alongside you as the statistic value increases, also allowing them to gain better weapons - each time you successfully complete a mission keeping them alive, they will be tougher in combat.

Also, there was a great deal of added music tracks to The Beat 102.7 (two of which there happened to be my favourite - "Love Lockdown" by Kanye West and the remix of "Dangerous" by Kardinal Offishall featuring Akon and Sean Paul). Right now, The Beat 102.7 seems to be one of the biggest radio stations in Liberty City in terms of the amount of songs it plays, with a record of four Disc Jockeys! Also, fans of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City would be pleased to find out that an even greater deal of rock and metal music tracks were added, which all did a great job of setting the atmosphere.

The storyline was also short and sweet - short enough to not feel bland, but sweet enough to make players yearn for more action. Every single mission in Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned was filled with non-stop hardcore action and had no filler 'tutorial' missions like Grand Theft Auto IV had, along with new weapons and bikes.

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned's storyline also intersects a great deal with Grand Theft Auto IV's, and many familiar faces such as Elizabeta Torres, Ray Boccino, Roman Bellic, Luis Fernando Lopez, and of course, Niko Bellic appear in this episodic downloadable content pack, right where you would expect them to appear.

In addition, the final scenes of the game - the final mission and credits cutscenes - alone were already worth the price paid. The Bike Races in single-player and Multiplayer was also a hell lot of fun (the “Get Good Wood” achievement was one of the best achievements I’ve ever completed!). Talking about achievements, Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned has also added 250 GamerPoints worth of achievements to Grand Theft Auto IV’s list.

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned also adds seven modes to Multiplayer, sharing the same system as Grand Theft Auto IV’s, so that you will not feel bored going for the “Wanted” achievement. Chopper vs. Copper is a nice mode worth getting into and playing with your friends, and so are the Races and Club Business!

Lastly, of course, Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned adds 50 Seagulls to hunt and a few side missions, with the return of Random Characters from Grand Theft Auto IV and Gang Wars from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas! Some new side missions included are Bike Thefts and Bike Races, as well as Thomas Stubbs III’s side missions.

In short, Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned is worth the little money you will need to fork out to download this little beast. 1600 Microsoft Points is all it takes to put yourself in the shoes of Johnny Klebitz! If you have not done so, then what are you waiting for? Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned is now available in stores and on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace, weighing in at 1.78 GigaBytes! With nothing more to say, I wish you a good weekend ahead!
http://blog.gtahq.net/2009/02/20/gra...s-perspective/

Last edited by De7erminist; 02-20-2009 at 01:20 AM..
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009   #2
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
good review. one thing confused me though in the beggining of your review you said it doesent live up to the hype but its certainly 10/10 worthy if it was 10/10 worthy wouldent that mean it lived up to the hype and then some? its good you liked all the action parts, i enjoyed them to but i felt the last mission was way out of realisim but it was still good. one thing i enjoyed about gta 4 was the fact that i didnt feel like i took out half of liberty citys population on each mission like i did on older gta's on tlad i feel like they didnt go that route and decided to go all action packed, dont know if thats to please fans or for the atmosphere of the game dont know, im pretty sure most of the fans didnt complain about the action of the original gta 4 im sure some did but most not, also for me the storyline was way to short i wanted more missions more in depth characters and i felt like they didnt put a lot of detail in the characters besides jim and billy. other then that very dark game wow i remeber the first mission with the hammer my that made my mouth hurt. and the basement with ray was grimmy and what happens to billy to and when hes all mad about it made me kinda gringe not cus it wasnt gruesome or anything just cus the way he sounds and was talkin made me feel bad, so ya the dark part very good the intersection with the original gta and tying of loose ends was good to. i can be 95% sure luis will be our second guy hopefully it will be released later this year or maybe sooner hopefully august. if i were to rate the dlc i would give it a 9.2 it would be a 9.8 or something higher if iit were a more in depth storyline and i got more in touch with the characters.
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009   #3
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil chevelle View Post
good review. one thing confused me though in the beggining of your review you said it doesent live up to the hype but its certainly 10/10 worthy if it was 10/10 worthy wouldent that mean it lived up to the hype and then some? its good you liked all the action parts, i enjoyed them to but i felt the last mission was way out of realisim but it was still good. one thing i enjoyed about gta 4 was the fact that i didnt feel like i took out half of liberty citys population on each mission like i did on older gta's on tlad i feel like they didnt go that route and decided to go all action packed, dont know if thats to please fans or for the atmosphere of the game dont know, im pretty sure most of the fans didnt complain about the action of the original gta 4 im sure some did but most not, also for me the storyline was way to short i wanted more missions more in depth characters and i felt like they didnt put a lot of detail in the characters besides jim and billy. other then that very dark game wow i remeber the first mission with the hammer my that made my mouth hurt. and the basement with ray was grimmy and what happens to billy to and when hes all mad about it made me kinda gringe not cus it wasnt gruesome or anything just cus the way he sounds and was talkin made me feel bad, so ya the dark part very good the intersection with the original gta and tying of loose ends was good to. i can be 95% sure luis will be our second guy hopefully it will be released later this year or maybe sooner hopefully august. if i were to rate the dlc i would give it a 9.2 it would be a 9.8 or something higher if iit were a more in depth storyline and i got more in touch with the characters.
No, I mean, GTA IV was good enough on its own to be 10/10, but the hype made it out to be larger than life, ya know, like... the ULTIMATE GTA? It was just not possible.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote