Old 02-20-2009   #16
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
yesterday on xbox live i was in a whole room of people who thought something was wrong cus of that noise effect. we had a conversation about it on there and i mentioned the noise effect and how i turned it off and i didnt like it and everyone then turned it off and thanked me for helping get that off for them one guy even thought his tv was starting to malfunction and another thought his xbox was in the process of red ringing lol.

I am Mister X - Play
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009   #17
DonaldLxOxVxE
Newbie Member

DonaldLxOxVxE can only hope to improve
I love the noise effect, not only does it make the game feel different for me, but somehow ive found that it makes the graphics seem more alive, and it really does fit in with the theme of the game in my opinion.

Last edited by DonaldLxOxVxE; 02-20-2009 at 05:06 PM..
DonaldLxOxVxE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009   #18
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
And here I was thinking that I couldn't turn it off

I thought it was alright, it fit in with the game's atmosphere. But I think I prefer playing without the Noise effect on since I'm more used to it.
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009   #19
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
I started LaD and thought "Wow! This makes the cutscenes look really cool!" Then it stuck to regular game play. And it was still alright. Then I started getting annoyed and quickly found the option to turn it off.

A lot of gamers put small fortunes into HD gaming and I would think they'd want a clear picture. Glad they made the filter optional.
Old 02-22-2009   #20
the_sextein

the_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished road
For those of you having a hard time reading the text on the phone, have you tried changing it? Just curious cause I didn't pay attention and found out after I had been playing for a couple of weeks that you can change the text size on your phone under the options in your phone which makes it much easier to read. I play on a 40 TV but I sit a decent distance back from the TV so the larger text helps me. Just a tip in case you didn't know.

As for me, I prefer to have the static turned off. I am a freak about clean and clear high resolution picture, which is part of the reason why I sit a good distance from the TV since everything is being upconverted. Having noise added to the picture gets on my nerves.

Last edited by the_sextein; 02-22-2009 at 01:42 PM..
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #21
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
For those of you having a hard time reading the text on the phone, have you tried changing it? Just curious cause I didn't pay attention and found out after I had been playing for a couple of weeks that you can change the text size on your phone under the options in your phone which makes it much easier to read.
This isn't true. I checked. There's no text option on the phone or in the pause menu.
Old 02-25-2009   #22
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
Is this noise option only available for the lost and damned, because I have never seen a noise option in the settings menu.
Old 02-25-2009   #23
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
yes, its only on the DLC
Thomas B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009   #24
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
http://boards.ign.com/xbox_360_gener...77400851/p1/?2
Here is the difference of it turned off and on, If I had the lost and damned, I would prefer it turned off, doesn't look good to me when it is turned on.

Last edited by The Shy Child.; 02-25-2009 at 04:16 PM..
The Shy Child. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009   #25
the_sextein

the_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dokujitsu View Post
This isn't true. I checked. There's no text option on the phone or in the pause menu.
Yeah it is, I just double checked. The option is right under the phone theme. It should say text size"small". Click on it once and it will say text size large. Then exit out of the phone and all text will be larger on the phone.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote