Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Lost and Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2009   #31
the_sextein

the_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished road
Yeah I realize, I'm just saying that bands like crew have newer songs they could use if they felt like making the soundtrack fit the time frame. It's ok to have a classical station though, no problems I just felt the metal station should have went all out modern as a result of that. No biggie though just a disspointment for me personally. Especially since Vice City had some huge metal bands from the 80's and San Andreas had some huge metal bands from the 90's. Kinda dissapointing that GTA 4 which is set in the late 2000's is playing 80's music again and very obscure bands at that.

Last edited by the_sextein; 02-22-2009 at 01:58 PM..
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009   #32
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Yes but still, wouldn't it seem odd that a CLASSIC ROCK station just turns around and goes "Oh and here's a song from 2008" it wouldn't really fit in with the rest of the playlist, you know, with it being a CLASSIC ROCK station. And as already stated, The Beat, etc, have modern songs, so it's quite a fair split really, some of us prefer the Classics over modern day crap, given the choice between The Who, The Doors, Aerosmith and Iggy Pop or Modern day "Rock" bands like Fallout Boy, My Chemical Romance and Panic! At The Disco, hell, I'd know what I'd prefer Rockstar to use. Don't forget, it's somewhat realistic, and modern rock station do play that kind of stuff instead whilst Classic Rock stations stick to what they know.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009   #33
the_sextein

the_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished road
Yeah it's cool like I said I know it's a classic rock station I'm am simply saying it could have been a normal rock station like the ones in my area that play both old a new songs or it could have stayed stricly classic and then added some modern metal to the heavy metal station since there is no such thing as a classic death metal radio station. Again I'm cool with them having a classic radio station in a modern themed game I just think they should include modern music to go along with the theme in some form or another. They have not had a problem with it in the past 2 games and I was a tad dissapointed to see them break away from that trend when they finally reached our time that we live in.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009   #34
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
They had some death Metal on LCHC which was pretty awesome-
Old 02-22-2009   #35
Jamezchidori
Newbie Member

Jamezchidori is an unknown quantity at this point
no, because it wont goddamn let me do the last mission
Jamezchidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009   #36
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by leelee862 View Post
Because I'm a complete GTA geek. I'd still play it even if it was worse than it is now. The reason why I didn't find it very fun was because the missions were bland an repetitive. The main reason I play it is for the story and the characters.
well most gta missions are pretty much the same things go and kill this. the lost and the damned wasnt any diffrent except you played as a biker and now it was way out of the realisim that it had established in gta 4 hopefully the gta franchise doesent start to slip back to the old way of gta's. the older gta's were good but none of my favorite. once gta 4 came out it was the first gta game to be one of my top five favorite games thats how good i found it. the dlc i found good it was just the storyline and some stupid things that happened (kind of like billy shooting the guy in the back and going on a bike with malc and taking out helicopters) but other then that really good. looking forward to playing as luis.

I am Mister X - Play
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009   #37
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't see how TLAD is now unrealistic just because Billy shot a guy, everyone made it clear Billy was out of line for what he just did right there. As for "that" mission, The Streetsweeper is a pretty powerful gun and those Helicopters did come down low enough to be in range.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote