Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Lost and Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2009   #16
alliooprjb

alliooprjb can only hope to improve
Am I the only one who Loves Lost and Damned but VERY VERY VERY disappointed that INTEGRITY 2.0 Channel with Lazlow was taken out?. WHY? Please, someone tell me why? It was the best radio channel. Yet they add music to the rap channel. As if bikers listen to rap?

BS

-JayBee
alliooprjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009   #17
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by leelee862 View Post
Worth every penny. TLAD was reminiscent of the old ps2 era of GTA. The fun had finally been brought back to GTA.
soooooooo gta 4 wasnt fun??? your like the fifth guy ive heard say that on this site, but frankly im glad 4 went the way it did i got sick of feeling like im killing half a citys population everytime i did a mission. just because you dont kill everything you look at doesent mean a game isnt fun.

I am Mister X - Play
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009   #18
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Worth every cent. I haven't played it in a couple of days due to a bad disc. but from what I'm played it's some of the best DLC I've ever seen. I enjoy it a lot and wish THIS was the story we'd played instead of Niko's in the full game.
Old 02-20-2009   #19
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliooprjb View Post
As if bikers listen to rap?
Yea, they do - Malc and DeSean.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009   #20
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
And Integrity 2.0 hasn't been launched yet at the start of the story, you hear the same reports as Niko does on Weazel News with Lazlow talking about his new station, after a certain mission (I'm sure you can guess), the station is available to listen to.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009   #21
leelee862

leelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil chevelle View Post
soooooooo gta 4 wasnt fun??? your like the fifth guy ive heard say that on this site, but frankly im glad 4 went the way it did i got sick of feeling like im killing half a citys population everytime i did a mission. just because you dont kill everything you look at doesent mean a game isnt fun.
Um, have you even played GTA IV? The majority of the characters get/can get killed off. The criminal underworld gets annihilated by Niko. What are you talking about?

Also, no, GTA IV wasn't very fun at all. And before you go off on a rant, I never said I didn't like IV, because I do. I just don't think it was very fun.

Last edited by leelee862; 02-21-2009 at 06:11 AM..
leelee862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009   #22
the_sextein

the_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished road
I think the DLC is worth $20 for sure. I picked up a 360 to play the DLC mainly but I have also picked up some other games as well. Saint's Row 1 and Gears of War 2.

For me, the DLC brings back that feeling of having a crew to gain respect from and also territory to gain control of which is nice. I like the character model of Jhonny and I think the bike apsect of the game was a great idea to give fans a new direction to dig into. I really like the club hangout and how they added a bunch of things you can do. It's nice to have a TV, Computer, pool, and other things all where you save your game.

Game play was tweaked a little and it kept it fresh. I have not finished it completely yet though.

Things I was disappointed with would be the lack of clothes, grain effect which I fixed by simply turning it off, and the metal music station was a bit of a let down, more on that below.

I still get an odd feeling about some of the events that take place in this game world though. It's almost like the world and the character personalities are all realistic but the things that happen just don't make much sense to me. Like in an early mission for Billy I remember him just shooting a rival gang member point blank right in front of the hangout. That place would have cops all over it in seconds and everyone in the gang would get screwed. It almost seems a bit too extreme that he just kills somebody like that. It's grimy and extremely ruthless but it's unrealistic unless the guy planned on going back to jail right there on the spot. It would make sense if they were making a deal and it went bad in some wherehouse but right in the streat in front of their hangout in the middle of New York? In a more cartoon type world like Vice City things like that don't seem to matter to me but it seems almost out of place in the game world of GTA 4 for some reason. And it almost feels like they are trying to push the envelope too far.

It maybe just me but some of the violence is no longer just sarcastic or over the top. It seems almost disgusting which it should be if you are trying to capture a sense of real violence but I don't believe that is a good idea for a game that has people playing a violent character unless you are trying to make them feel bad for playing your game instead of just having some fictional fun. I remember a large portion of GTA 4 players mentioning that the ending was depressing and that they didn't like the way the game ended. Same thing seems to apply to the game world of GTA 4 at times. I think alot of people didn't like Niko simply because they didn't like killing people playing as a character that has a realistic consciousness in a fictional game world.

Having a shoot out in the streets between two gangs and then everybody jets before the cops get there I can handle. Rob a bank, that's cool but some situations like the one I mentioned above just don't make sense to me. It's unreal and it's not trying to be funny or anything either. It just feels weird to me.

Now about the music I mentioned before. I liked what they added to the rock station but it seems to me that a modern day New York should get a MODERN soundtrack. Its seems like all the metal bands were 80's type stuff. I am sure that Max Cavalera would have been more than happy to promote his new Cavalera Conspiricies album and when I think of modern death metal tunes that people are listening to I think of bands like Blood Bath, Devil Driver, Slipknot, Lamb of God, come to mind. I see big name rap artists but not metal artists. Selputura is huge but max left the band in the early 90's. A modern station should have more modern sounds. I can't believe Rockstar has not added bands like Metallica and Slayer or Static X to a story like this one.

Modern Rock stations still play alot of older rock so I guess I don't expect a newer song from Motley Crew but it seems like they left out the modern sound of rock altogether. Most of it is from the 80's and 90's. They could have went with newer songs from bands like the new released Chinese Democracy from Guns N Roses or possibly Nicci Six's side project. If they don't want to play new bands they could at least play newer tracks from some of the older bands, that is all I am saying. The rock and metal stations sound dated in my opinion.

Overall though the game is certainly worth the price for $20 and I consider all of my complaints to be minor preferences that I personally have a problem with. Since it's not my game meaning I didn't make it I am not going to bash Rockstar because truly they did an amazing job with this DLC as a whole.

Last edited by the_sextein; 02-22-2009 at 05:00 AM..
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009   #23
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
I think the DLC is worth $20 for sure. I picked up a 360 to play the DLC mainly but I have also picked up some other games as well. Saint's Row 1 and Gears of War 2.

For me, the DLC brings back that feeling of having a crew to gain respect from and also territory to gain control of which is nice. I like the character model of Jhonny and I think the bike apsect of the game was a great idea to give fans a new direction to dig into. I really like the club hangout and how they added a bunch of things you can do. It's nice to have a TV, Computer, pool, and other things all where you save your game.

Gameplay was tweaked a little and it kept it fresh. I have not finished it compleatly yet though.

Things I was dissapointed with would be the lack of clothes, grain effect which I fixed by simply turning it off, and the metal music station was a bit of a let down, more on that below.

I still get an odd feeling about some of the events that take place in this gameworld though. It's almost like the world and the character personalities are all realistic but the things that happen just don't make much sense to me. Like in an early mission for billy I remember him just shooting a rival gang member point blank right in front of the hangout. That place would have cops all over it in seconds and everyone in the gang would get screwed. It almost seems a bit too extream that he just kills somebody like that. It's grimy and extreamly ruthless but it's unrealistic unless the guy planned on going back to jail right there on the spot. It would make sense if they were making a deal and it went bad in some wherehouse but right in the streat in front of their hangout in the middle of New York? In a more cartoon type world like Vice City things like that don't seem to matter to me but it seems almost out of place in the game world of GTA 4 for some reason. And it almost feels like they are trying to push the envolope too far. It maybe just me but some of the violence is no longer just sarcastic or over the top. It seems almost discusting which it should be if you are trying to capture a sense of real violence but I don't believe that is a good idea for a game that has people playing a violent character unless you are trying to make them feel bad for playing your game instead of just haveing some fictional fun.

Now about the music I mentioned before. I liked what they added to the rock station but it seems to me that a modern day New York should get a MODERN soundtrack. Its seems like all the metal bands were 80's type stuff. I am sure that Max Cavalera would have been more than happy to promote his new Cavalera Conspiricies album and when I think of modern death metal tunes that people are listining to I think of bands like Blood Bath, Devil Driver, Slipknot, Lamb of God, come to mind. I see big name rap artists but not metal artists. Selputura is huge but max left the band in the early 90's. A modern station should have more modern sounds. I can't believe Rockstar has not added bands like Metallica and Slayer or Static X to a story like this one.

Modern Rock stations still play alot of older rock so I guess I don't expect a newer song from Motly Crew but it seems like they left out the modern sound of rock altogether. Most of it is from the 80's and 90's. They could have went with newer songs from bands like the new released Chinese Democracy from Guns N Roses or possibly Nicci Six's side project. If they don't want to play new bands they could at least play newer tracks from some of the older bands, that is all I am saying. The rock and metal stations sound dated in my opinion.

Overall though the game is certainly worth the price for $20.
That's because most Rock and Metal nowadays don't sound as good as the classics! It's more like a nod from R* to us die-hard fans of GTA - a reminiscence of Vice City's V-Rock, though, the way I see it.

As for Rap, they've already used so much in San Andreas and LCS, and Vice City. Plus, Classics already as lots of Classic Rock tracks, it would only make sense to throw some modern hits in there.

Last edited by De7erminist; 02-22-2009 at 02:18 AM..
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009   #24
the_sextein

the_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished road
I don't think so. They included bands like slayer and megadeth, danzig, guns n roses in the past. None of the music on the metal station in GTA 4 is classic metal at all. I don't mind exploring new bands but they don't have any modern figurehead bands that really represent the music scene at all and while they did include some classic rock from bands that were around in the 80's those bands are still making music now so why not play them since most modern rock stations play modern rock. Motley crew has some new songs out. Sepultura has a new singer and if they want something new from max I am sure he would have been cool with it. None of the songs inlcuded on the metal station are classic or new. They are all old obscure bands like Cannable Corpse. At least Cannable Corpse has made a name for itself but it is an old band and they are in no way a classic metal band.

Vice city was a great way to play classics, GTA 4 is a great way to play modern music. If they want a classic rock station in a modern game then that is fine but the bands are neither classic or modern. They are older obscure bands. Now I can see that a biker gang may be in to more obscure metal bands and it's cool but I just feel like they failed to deliver when they could have included an amazing metal soundtrack that would have fit the game perfectly. Instead they went in a differant direction but it's all good. It was nice to hear old school Sepultura though for sure but I was hoping the Lost and Damned was going to be the first video game that had a super strong metal soundtrack as it's main music influence. I was much more impressed with Vice City and San Andrea's when it comes to music. I gotta admit that I never thought I would hear a band like Cannable Corpse on a video game soundtrack. That shit is crazy for sure and the rock station really is solid with bands like Iron Maiden, Motley Crew and Alice Cooper. I just wish a couple of new bands were included that's all. Especially on the metal station. I would love to be knocking people of bikes with baseball bats while hearing "people equal shit" ripping out of the speakers.

Last edited by the_sextein; 02-22-2009 at 05:01 AM..
Old 02-22-2009   #25
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by leelee862 View Post
Um, have you even played GTA IV? The majority of the characters get/can get killed off. The criminal underworld gets annihilated by Niko. What are you talking about?

Also, no, GTA IV wasn't very fun at all. And before you go off on a rant, I never said I didn't like IV, because I do. I just don't think it was very fun.
so if it wasnt very fun. why do you like it?

also for the metal station topic i thought it was ok im very glad they put sepultura in there, but they put cannibal corpse huh god that band is annoying i cant stand the metal where i feel like the guy is singing and taking a shit at the same time and probably has dark lit candels in there and a satan symbol on the toilet.wow my imagination went wild on that one lol.

I am Mister X - Play
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009   #26
the_sextein

Here are a few examples of bands that I think would have fit in with the style of the game but would have done a much better job of representing a modern version of the music rather than a 1980's version for the metal station. Since the game does take place in the present. I can't say I am a huge fan of some of them but they are current bands that represent the death metal / heavy metal scene and are pretty popular considering that death metal isn't really popular in itself.

Don't click on these if you don't like curse words or you are at work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mj1U_3gJHY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkGnhyWN4Yo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXJQtdIXoKY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nup-yuJUuLE

Last edited by the_sextein; 02-22-2009 at 06:47 AM..
Old 02-22-2009   #27
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
Here are a few examples of bands that I think would have fit in with the style of the game but would have done a much better job of representing a modern version of the music rather than a 1980's version for the metal station. Since the game does take place in the present. I can't say I am a huge fan of some of them but they are current bands that represent the death metal / heavy metal scene and are pretty popular considering that death metal isn't really popular in itself.

Don't click on these if you don't like curse words or you are at work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mj1U_3gJHY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkGnhyWN4Yo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXJQtdIXoKY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nup-yuJUuLE
Max being a DJ alone beats all those middle school nu-metal songs. :3

Has anyone noticed that they removed blind melee weapon attacking? it seems like I can no longer run around swinging or just simply melee without having to hold down down the Left Trigger. Also, you can't counter attack with the pool cue. I also wish that hammer was a usable melee weapon. :<

Last edited by Comeback209; 02-22-2009 at 08:21 AM..
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009   #28
the_sextein

True but Max could have had some of his newer stuff on here as well. If the rock station is going to be classical then why can't the metal station be new? I just don't see why a story that takes place in modern times can't have modern songs. I like the music on Max's show I just hoped for music that is more representative of newer bands and a little more my style being a big fan of heavy music and all. Myself, getting older I need to be introduced to some new stuff and I think a game would be the perfect way to do it.

BTW, I think most metal music that is on this soundtrack including Sepultura could be and would be classified as middle school new metal if they came on to the scene now rather than back in the late 80's simply because older metal heads seem to think that anything that comes out without Megadeath style lead solos is nu metal and since teens like it is is just for kids. Well, back in the day when Sepultura came onto the scene it was middle school kids like myself and many other middle school kids who latched on to them and made them as popular as they are now and they were not as flashy on the guitar as their predecessors either. Metal when I was in middle school wasn't looked down on as high school kids music it was looked down on as noise rather than music at all. Now they are old school death metal or whatever name out of the hundred descriptions kids put on them these days, but whatever. The new metal that middle school kids are listening to now which everyone calls nu metal ( lol) should be represented in modern stories at least a little I think.

It's all just metal. I don't understand why we need all of these categories like grind core, emo, nu metal ect.. I think it's cool that bands like Slayer and Cannibal corpse are still being represented and listened to by kids even now but it's sad that the old school metal crowd looks down on every new idea coming out. I think some of the stuff coming out now is really creative with the mixture of electronic technology changing the music a bit. Natural evolution of sound.

Last edited by the_sextein; 02-22-2009 at 10:21 AM..
Old 02-22-2009   #29
leelee862

leelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil chevelle View Post
so if it wasnt very fun. why do you like it?
Because I'm a complete GTA geek. I'd still play it even if it was worse than it is now. The reason why I didn't find it very fun was because the missions were bland an repetitive. The main reason I play it is for the story and the characters.
leelee862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009   #30
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know much about Metal, but you do know the Liberty Rock Radio is meant to be a CLASSIC ROCK station so in that sense, it does its job perfectly well, even better in TLAD with some harder hits, so complaining that a classic rock station is playing classic rock music seems rather redundant.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote