Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Lost and Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2009   #1
JAXBOI 904

JAXBOI 904 can only hope to improve
Wast it worth it?? Your opinion

20$ OF PURCHASE, ESTIMATED 9 HOURS OF DOWNLOADING, LATE NIGHT, WAS IT WORTH IT?... HELL YEA CANT GET OFF THE GAME FOR VERY LONG.WAT ABOUT YALL?
JAXBOI 904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009   #2
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
I downloaded it for about 2 hours. I wrote a news post, watched the five videos released, and came here within that time.

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned was very worth it. Felt totally different from GTA IV, it took the 'gang' formula from San Andreas and refined it to be much better than what Saint's Row 2 did. It was short and sweet - short enough to not feel bland, but sweet enough to make me yearn for more. Every single mission as filled with action and had no filler 'tutorial' missions like GTA IV had.

Also, the added music to The Beat 102.7 was a hell lot, and two of the songs there happened to be my favourites (Love Lockdown and Dangerous). Right now, The Beat 102.7 seems to be the biggest radio station! Also, lots of rock music were added, which were all great. It seems like we're returning to the "Vice City style" of rock, which is great.

Plus, the final scenes of the game (final mission and credits) alone are already worth US$20! The Bike Races in single-player and Multiplayer was hell lot of fun, and the "Get Good Wood" achievement was one of the most fun achievements I've ever completed. The rest of the Multiplayer modes are so good, they're worth spending $20 on each! Chopper vs. Chopper, anyone?

And, lastly, of course, 50 Seagulls and side missions which are Vice City standard. And the return of Random Characters from GTA IV! And, also, I got a discount off my purchase and free 1000 Microsoft Points (Microsoft promotion in my country for first 800 downloaders).

Conclusion: The Lost and Damned is worth more than GTA IV itself!
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009   #3
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
i liked it but as i have been saying i felt the game was rushed. maybe i was looking into it way to much but i thought the storyline would be deeper more detailed and i wanted to get attached to johnny like i did nikko but it wasnt that way with him and johnny would bring up things in the storyline that happened to him before the lost and the damned but thats all it was a mention it didnt go further into those things. i liked all the loose ends it tied up though that was probably one of my best parts i liked all the ray missions (for some reason i really like ray dont know why) the missions were good but i liked how gta 4 kept it some what realistic i think rockstar didnt keep that approach with this one especially the last mission. now all though the stuff i just put up there sounded like i didnt like the game thats not true i really did enjoy it, it just seemed like i was confused during the story line but other then that i liked all the features they added.i love the radio even more im glad they added the doors on liberty rock radio. the gang wars were cool so were the races and the online is awesome my favorite tthing online right now for tlad is the club multiplayer were you go around with the lost and complete jobs.

as for downloading it took me about an hour the only problem i had was trying to find it. so i beat the game didnt watch the credits for the first play through and something in my gut was telling me to but i didnt anyways, wish i would have and i thought overall it was a good experience i ahve the feeling that the second dlc is going to be like the first jumpy storyline wise and thats only because i have the feeling rockstar planned this all from the start so ill cut them some slack but for the next gta i expect not such a jumpy storyline for its dlc, good dlc must get be dumb not to.

I am Mister X - Play

Last edited by devil chevelle; 02-20-2009 at 05:46 AM..
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009   #4
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
wow that sucks that it took so long to download for you guys mine must have taken 20 minutes or so
i went take a shower and came back and it was done

and overall yes i think its worth the 20 bucks
i love it so far
Old 02-20-2009   #5
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't take very long to download, maybe 20 minutes at most, and I'm not rushing through it, so I'm still doing the storyline and I'm enjoying it a lot, I mainly go off and do gang wars, etc which feels soo much more complete now that you're in a biker gang and having a team actually backing you up on jobs.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009   #6
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
yea same here Ash I've been doing atleast a few gang wars and races before continuing to the next story mission. Also started stealing bikes and doing jobs for Stubbs which I"m assuming are unlimited missions which i think is great cause its just something to do.
My friends who have not played it yet think its amazing that i've played over 8 hours and haven't completed it yet which I think is a good indication of the value of it. To compare it to another recent DLC, the Fallout 3 Operation Anchorage DLC, although twice the price I feel it is more than twice as worth it. Stretching out the OA campaign as much as i could and i was still done in about 2 days, this i've been going for about 3 days with still plenty to keep me busy. So as far as DLC goes its well worth it.
Old 02-20-2009   #7
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Took me 6 hours to beat the DLC. Ye it was worth it. It had great characters and a cool story. Plus the new multiplayer modes are awesome!
Old 02-20-2009   #8
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
Definitely worth every penny. Even though I've finished the storyline, I'm still playing it, doing the gang wars and races. Haven't even tried the new multiplayer modes, either. Might play them soon, though.

Only thing I don't like is Air Hockey, it took me so long to win a game of that
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009   #9
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
Sounds like I am missing out. I want a 360 so badly now. I just don't want it to RROD on me again. I like the sound of having a biker gang follow you around and take care of whoever trys to mess you. Sounds good.
Old 02-20-2009   #10
Patrucci

Patrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud of
Yeah, I'm missing out too. Microsoft and their money. I currently am owning a Playstation 3, in which I have yet to play TLaD, the only friend I had who has an Xbox 360 is no longer a current friend.

So, can you change your clothes in it?
Patrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009   #11
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Nope, Johnny remains in his Lost uniform through it all, shops are still in the game, you just can not purchase anything from them. Also, I'm hoping in the near future, someone hacks these files and puts them in the original GTA IV for continuity sake, for example, replace the model of Johnny in IV with his DLC one, etc.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009   #12
lillb
Casual User

yea i noticed while my brother was playing on his GTA IV save game he did the museum piece mission and johnny was wearing completely different clothes than TLAD
Old 02-20-2009   #13
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrucci View Post
Yeah, I'm missing out too. Microsoft and their money. I currently am owning a Playstation 3, in which I have yet to play TLaD, the only friend I had who has an Xbox 360 is no longer a current friend.

So, can you change your clothes in it?
no you cant i looked everywhere for a closet couldent find one so through the whole campaign johnny must stink like hell, i think he even knows it to because right when you dont move him around for like ten seconds he goes straight for his arm pits and starts to smell them and shakes his head cus they stink

I am Mister X - Play
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009   #14
lillb
Casual User

lol he's a grimey biker
they don't shower
Old 02-20-2009   #15
leelee862

leelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enough
Worth every penny. TLAD was reminiscent of the old ps2 era of GTA. The fun had finally been brought back to GTA. The new weapons, new vehicles, new characters, new game modes, new features, new physics, the story - everything about this game was just completely refreshing.

It was also good to see some of the old faces like Niko, Ray and suprisingly, Elizabeta, make a return. She seemed out of place in IV, like she didn't really belong. It was almost as if she'd just been thrown in last minute to fill in a gap. But in TLAD she fitted right into the gritty underground feel of the game. The old game modes worked well in TLAD too.

Johnny is awesome. TLAD is awesome. Better than GTA IV by miles. Bottom line is - If you don't already have this game or are having doubts then I can tell you first hand, as a complete GTA geek, that you have nothing to worry about and that I seriously suggest you pull your finger out of your arse, get yourself online and purchase it.
leelee862 is offline   Reply With Quote