Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Lost and Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2009   #16
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Can someone just tell me what the ending was.
in detail please.
ok SPOILERZ YA'LL

So Billy gets to prison and wants to rat you out and go into witness protection. You and what's left of your gang shoot through some waves of cops inside the prison and execute Billy. You then go back to the clubhouse and burn it to the ground. Credits roll.
Old 02-20-2009   #17
MurphySk8

MurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished road
Haha. I just called that bug that Stubbs had me put in Bryce's car and it was Bernie (one of the soldiers Niko used to know, who's turned extremely gay) driving the car around. Cool thing is, he mentioned Luis and Tony Prince by name, which is another connection to the rest of the cast. So we've got two appearances during the course of The Lost and Damned, plus a mention by name over the phone, a shot of him during the credits, and then three appearances during Niko's storyline.

Assuming Luis is confirmed as the new protagonist, with Tony's ties to the Ancelottis, I think it's safe to say we'll be working for the mob again at some point. I just wonder if Luis' story will start during Three Leaf Clover like the last scene in the credits of TLAD seems to hint at, since it was his first appearance in Niko's storyline as well. I'd like to know if he was there for legal reasons or if he had some plans of his own and they ruined it. Also, if the storyline starts there, that's pretty far into Niko's storyline, whereas Johnny's starts even before Niko's first apartment has been burned down. Kinda' makes me think either Luis' story starts around the same time, or it goes on much longer, chronologically speaking, than Niko's did.

[EDIT] Been playing TLAD a little more since I beat it, and I'm enjoying it a lot more now. The ending's a bummer, no doubt about it, but I've come to the realization that being rich and unstoppable at the end of every one of these games is what makes it get boring. What's there to strive for or fight for anymore? I've just been riding around the neighborhood and when you look back on the story like I've been doing, it's not a sad ending. They did away with all the anarchy, and riding around town, you get the feeling Johnny and his 'brothers' are really free now. That's what Johnny wanted anyway, because he hated the idea of being a leader and wanted everyone to be equal. Now they are. Just a shame about Jim, since he seemed to be the only one who actually had something outside of it all. Jim's the one out of the gang I really started to like, so I kinda' guessed he'd be the one to go.

Looking back on it, it's almost got a Western vibe to it. They're a group of outlaws, riding on bikes rather than horses, and they have a sense of morality, a code that they live by, despite the legality of their actions, until Billy Grey (awesome Old Western name to begin with) comes back into the picture. He messes things up to a point where there's no going back to what they were, so they burn it all down, starting with its founder, and ride off into the sunset. Johnny doesn't need all the money or the cars or the penthouses or the fancy clothes, or even the drugged up girlfriend. He just needs his bike, a place to lay his head, and the guys left out of the gang who he really trusts. So he has less in the way of material things, but he's at a better place in his life. Adds a lot more impact to the ending I think, and the story as a whole. Even the name has a Western sound to it, plus the theme music. In the menus and during the not-so-happy parts especially, it reminds me of Megaton in Fallout 3, with the wailing harmonicas off in the distance. I wonder what the next one will be like, as far as the theme, overall feel and all that.

Last edited by MurphySk8; 02-20-2009 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: Long-winded theory.
MurphySk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009   #18
JaredN
Newbie Member

JaredN is an unknown quantity at this point
MurphySk8, I think what you said perfectly sums up how I feel about this. I couldn't agree more with you, I really enjoyed the way they ended it.
Old 02-20-2009   #19
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
going through another play through of the game to try and understand it. the thing that bothers me most about the game is like all the past things they mension but thats all they do is mention it and they dont go further into that so while there mentionning that im trying to figure out whats goin on but by then there discussing whats going on now and then you start the mission. also in the beginning of the game it seemed like johnny didnt want the violence and just wanted to sell drugs and hang out with his gang and keep things steady yet rockstar contridicts that by letting the gang wars in so now you just drive around aimlessley and start shooting at gangs which is the exact opposite of what johnny wants. also there were times when billy was nice and johnny klebbitz was being an ass and i couldent figure out what was going on, also wtf happened with that drug deal with the chinese i thought maybe brian set it up or maybe it was just bad luck i dont know what happened but all i know it was definetely meant for billy to go to jail and for the ending to happen like it did. so for me some very confusing moments but hopefully i can figure them all out on the second play through and also try to give my self an own understanding at whats trying to be accomplished with the game. also if someone can explain to me why johnny just didnt want to lead his gang at the end of the game why did he just burn it down, in the begginging he was mad that he had to give up his leadership to billy cus he knew billy was gonna fuck shit up and then when he gets his leadership back in the middle of the game he is all weirded out about it. i dont know maybe im just overthinking it but this is one storyline i cannot wrap my head around.

I am Mister X - Play
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009   #20
MurphySk8

MurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished roadMurphySk8 is on a distinguished road
Well, like I said up there, I don't think it was the idea of losing leadership, because he feels they're all equals. He just didn't want to go back to the cultist bullshit that Grey was preaching. He was insane, and Johnny knew it.
Old 02-20-2009   #21
devil chevelle

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphySk8 View Post
Well, like I said up there, I don't think it was the idea of losing leadership, because he feels they're all equals. He just didn't want to go back to the cultist bullshit that Grey was preaching. He was insane, and Johnny knew it.
ya your idea about the game probably makes the most sense

I am Mister X - Play
Old 02-21-2009   #22
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Pretty much every mission in TLAD >>>>> GTA IV. It was action after action after action. I really do wish Johnny's story was longer, like 20 missions longer. But for what we got, I'm very happy. And we all know Luis is the next protag as you see in the bank job, the diamond exchange at the museum, the deal with Gracie, and an early mission in TLAD at the docks. Plus the whole impossible trinity thing. I can't wait for DLC2
Old 02-21-2009   #23
MurphySk8

Neither can I. They managed to do quite a lot with this episode, and I'm really looking forward to the next one. We know the way Rockstar North works, so you know they've been working on the both of them simultaneously. The way they said it in interviews, they started work on Vice City right around the release of GTA III, and then they worked on San Andreas while Vice City was still in development, then the same with GTA IV. I'm sure they've already put a lot of work into the next episode, and I can't wait to get some more information on it. For now, I've got gang wars, races, and some seagulls to take out.
Old 02-21-2009   #24
devil chevelle

well it originally was supposed to come out in august but then it came out this month so hopefully it takes dlc#2 only six months so hopefully it will come out in august with no delays but we all know how game companys are nowadays so ya.

I am Mister X - Play
Old 02-21-2009   #25
MurphySk8

I hope so. I get a little impatient with stuff like that, but the more work they put into it the better, I suppose. If they worked a couple more months and managed to extend the story without hindering the quality, I'd definitely be all for that.
Old 02-22-2009   #26
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
Niko is also chasing Vlad when the credits start in the beginning the then you see Roman's Cab Depot is burning and Niko stops the car to see and Roman is sitting in the car too.You know the mission where Roman's Cab Depot and the Safe House is burning.

That is Luis on the ROOF TOP shooting. Because Luis was wearing a Jacket Black and White and the guy on the roof top is wearing the same Jacket..THAT's a Vantage Point where Niko,Johnny,and Luis Met.

So Basically I'm giving proof that the next GTA DLC#2 Protagonist is going to be Luis!

Last edited by zeeshan810; 02-22-2009 at 12:00 PM..
zeeshan810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009   #27
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
The credits were so fucking cool. And I actually completely missed who it was gunning down people from the roof, so thanks for pointing that out!
Old 03-01-2009   #28
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
The credits were so fucking cool. And I actually completely missed who it was gunning down people from the roof, so thanks for pointing that out!
Finished the game and for you Slim found this video at youtube HD Quality, Watch the Credit Video and at 7:01you will see Luis running on the roof top!
Enjoy

Old 03-01-2009   #29
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Yup, i sure as bright as a sun flower, saw Luis running across that rooftop, there.
Old 03-01-2009   #30
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

yeah..I think like all the people who bought this TLAD saw Luis in the end running on the rooftop! I finished it at my friends house because he had a xbox360 and I had a ps3 so yeah.