Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2009   #1
Brotha
Rockstar-ish

Brotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the rough
Continuity error in GTA IV & TLAD

In the intro for The Lost and Damned, you can see Niko bumping into someone while taking a walk around in Alderney. During the intro, Jason (A member of the lost) is seen riding with the gang. So this presumebly puts the timeframe to sometime just after Niko's arrival to LC. And here's the weird thing, how did Niko get to Alderney so early? The bridges were blocked by the police. And don't tell me its just an easter egg, or not canon, cause it is canon.

May not be of importance, but still, they messed up with the timeline.
Brotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009   #2
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Its just a neat little cameo. Don't look into it
Old 02-18-2009   #3
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
i thought the same thing dude but its just a little cameo theres a lot of storyline problems with the lost and the damned because they dont play on the time fram that you played on gta 4 and they also skip mass amounts of events in between nikos. since its rockstars first dlc for gta and there first try at it i cut them some slack and if i go by the presumption that they had both dlcs planned at the same time of gta 4 ill cut them some slack on the second episode depending on what it is but when the next gta comes out i expect a lot more then this when it comes to contuinity and not so much of a jumpy storyline and more character detail that were are used to in a gta game

I am Mister X - Play
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009   #4
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Yeah I noticed this too :p
Old 02-18-2009   #5
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Instead of worrying about minor errors, can't you just appreciate what they've done for us?

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009   #6
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Yeah I noticed this

Im just pleased they had him pop up as a background character, just a little way of saying he's still alive but he's only scenery in the story.
Old 02-18-2009   #7
Brotha
Rockstar-ish

Brotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
Instead of worrying about minor errors, can't you just appreciate what they've done for us?
Who said I'm worrying?, I'm just thinking it would be fun to disscuss and see people's theories. And by the way, if anyone's happy with what they've done for us, it's me.
Old 02-18-2009   #8
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Just consider it an Easter Egg to show him off, I guess they wanted to get Niko somewhere in the opening cutscene, I noticed it to and pointed it out as an error, but oh well. Another thing you could point out is the bridgework and now how they'r all open freely compared to being guarded like hell in Nikos timeline.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009   #9
yimpat
Registered Loser

yimpat is on a distinguished roadyimpat is on a distinguished road
I'll clear it all up.The boat Niko was on arrived at Alderny,upon releasing that this was not the place he was to meet Roman, he quickly got on another boat that was headed to the first Island(name slips me).

About the bridge thing, obviously they are just checking for passports and treating foreigners under more scrutiny when crossing bridges e.g Niko being an illegal immigrant was obviously a terrorist threat and the LCPD could see this on first glance so open fire. When an all American biker is coming towards the bridge they quickly pack away their gear and leave in order to avoid insulting a great patriot such as Johnny by showing any insecurities as a country.
yimpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009   #10
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotha View Post
Who said I'm worrying?, I'm just thinking it would be fun to disscuss and see people's theories. And by the way, if anyone's happy with what they've done for us, it's me.
Apologies for my snappy post. I was in a bad mood at the time and I shouldn't have taken it out on you.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009   #11
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
You guys don't understand. R* made this episode less realistic, it being only a DLC.

1. Pay n Sprays can now accept your vehicle even if the police has seen you
2. Nobody bothers you on your phone again to play Darts
3. Bridges aren't closed.

Last edited by De7erminist; 02-19-2009 at 01:17 AM..
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009   #12
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by }{oT~dEv1L 666 View Post
1. Pay n Sprays can now except your vehicle even if th police has seen you
2. Nobody bothers you on your phone again to play Darts
3. Bridges aren't closed.
The explanation for that is that Johnny has been friends with these people for a very long time so they don't need babysitting to prove they are mates.

As for the bridges, I did just assume that since Johnny has lived their all his life then he is exempt from the rules, but still would of been nice to see police cars parked up on the bridges to simulate that they are still blocking the path for certain people.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009   #13
Brotha
Rockstar-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChandlerBing View Post
Apologies for my snappy post. I was in a bad mood at the time and I shouldn't have taken it out on you.
We're cool. Anyone can have a bad day. Like I'm having right now. SO much to do...
Old 02-19-2009   #14
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
As for the bridges, I did just assume that since Johnny has lived their all his life then he is exempt from the rules, but still would of been nice to see police cars parked up on the bridges to simulate that they are still blocking the path for certain people.
Roman gives the reason for the bridge blockades as terrorist scares, it makes no sense that someone who lived there their entire life would be exempt, it's a matter of safety, not mistrust of immigrants. I feel that it's really just a matter of game mechanics taking precedent over smaller details in the logic of the fiction. It's similar for Niko's appearance in the opening, technically he shouldn't be there without loads of cops chasing him, but it's just a little novelty for the player.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009   #15
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Yea tbh i didn't even realize that he shouldn't be there
I wasn't even thinking thats Alderney He should be back in Dukes or Broker
So I'm sure alot of other gamers didnt really realize any break in continuity