Old 02-11-2009   #1
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation More Soundtrack Info + Screenshots!

First up, MTV's website has published a new article which reveals some further deatails of the Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned soundtrack. It has now been confirmed that four radio stations from the original Grand Theft Auto IV's radio station roster will be updated with new music (with the talk radios getting new content as well).

The Beat 102.7 will be updated with the songs from Statik Selektah, and all the three Rock stations - Liberty Rock Radio, Liberty City Hardcore and Radio Broker - will also be updated with more Classic Rock, Death Metal and Indie Rock respectively. You can read more about Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned's new music below.

Quote:
‘Grand Theft Auto IV’ Expanded Soundtrack Features Busta Rhymes, More
‘Lost and Damned’ episode offers new hip-hop and death-metal shows, plus new songs on existing radio stations.

Radio is alive and well — and getting a major upgrade — in next week’s “Grand Theft Auto IV” episode, the downloadable-only Xbox 360 exclusive: “The Lost and Damned.”

Rockstar Games music supervisor Ivan Pavlovich broke down the details and even gave MTV News a sneak listen to one of the episode’s most radical radio innovations during a telephone interview last week.

“Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned” is already adding 10 to 20 hours of gameplay focusing on the exploits of new playable character, biker Johnny Klebitz. But why stop there?

Four of the “GTA IV” radio stations are getting new music.

Hip-hop station the Beat 102.7 is gaining a new show of popular hip-hop DJed by Funkmaster Flex and headlined by two new Busta Rhymes tracks. One of them, “The Conglomerate,” features Young Jeezy and Jadakiss.

The Beat is also getting a show DJed by Statik Selektah, featuring all hip-hop recorded and mixed specifically for “GTA.” One of the headliners there is Freeway, who told MTV News that Selektah asked him to get into the game. “I was excited when I was approached about the opportunity,” he said over e-mail. “I used what I know about the past ‘GTA’ games and just put my own twist on it.” His song is called “Car Jack.”

Liberty City Hardcore is gaining a new death-metal show DJed by Max Cavalera of Sepultura and Soulfly fame. Among the artists featured will be Bathory.

Liberty Rock Radio 97.8 is getting new rock songs, with Iggy Pop returning as the DJ.

Radio Broker, the indie-rock station DJed by Juliette Lewis, is also getting new music.

Pavlovich won’t reveal the exact number of new songs in the $20 expansion, but he did explain the motivation for what was added. All the new rock and metal is designed to suit the mood of the episode’s story, one that chronicles the adventures and stresses of a Liberty City motorcycle gang. “This really focuses on biker songs and a little more aggressive songs,” Pavlovich said.

The new hip-hop was added because the Beat had proven to be the most popular “GTA IV” radio station. The approach with Flex was to provide hip-hop that has more of a national appeal than the New York-focused shows of original Beat DJs Mr. Cee and Green Lantern.

Rockstar has programmed “The Lost and Damned” to make sure the new music gets attention. The new rock songs will be weighted to play first in the otherwise-random mix on those stations. The new Flex, Statik Selektah and Cavalera shows will play in blocks, before the original shows on their respective stations get their turn in rotation.

Pavlovich and his team have pulled some other tricks too. They’ve got Funkmaster Flex doing a phone interview with Busta Rhymes on the Beat. Pavlovich played a version of the conversation for MTV News over the phone, explaining that it was essentially a freestyle interview conducted between the two hip-hop icons. Busta talks about holding down hip-hop for Liberty City and plugs his real-world album. They banter a bit and intro one of Busta’s new songs. Pavlovich said that Flex had a lot of fun with his recording session for “The Lost and Damned.” The DJ even spoofed his real-world rant about R. Kelly, but how that one goes down won’t be revealed until you play the game for yourself.

All of the music in the “The Lost and Damned” will be linked to iTunes, Rockstar’s new partner for “GTA IV” music. Players can hear songs in the game, tag them and find a list of their marked songs on Rockstar’s Web site, ready for iTunes purchase. Rockstar had launched “GTA IV” last year with a similar deal structured through Amazon’s music store.

All of this music is exclusive to Xbox 360 games, because “Lost and Damned” itself is not coming to the PlayStation 3. It and a second upcoming “GTA IV” episode are Xbox 360 exclusives. “The Lost and Damned,” which is rated M, will be available for download through the Xbox Live Marketplace on February 17. It requires a copy of the original “GTA IV” game.

MTV has also received three new exclusive screenshots, which they have kindly posted onto their website without any watermarks. It is, however, not the usual 1280x720 resolution that most screenshots come in. IGN has also released their new screenshot for the day on their website. You can view all these right on top.

SOURCE: MTV
SOURCE POST: http://blog.gtahq.net/2009/02/11/gra...usic-revealed/
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #2
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I called it weeks ago! I said 5 Stations and guessed them all except Radio Broker.
Ash_735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #3
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I am so beyond excited to find out all the new music on Liberty Rock Radio and Radio Broker. They were my favourite stations.

Even though I don't even have a 360. :p
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #4
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
ya right when i saw the first trailer i had a feeling they would base it mostly on rock i mean it just maks sense right most bikers like rock also i had a feeling they would do something with the beat to because it was the most popular but i didnt realize they would go over the top on that to damn rockstar has ceased to impress me i wonder if all the stations on there will get at least one song added. im lookin forward to hearing more roy ayers and jnr damn i didnt realize how much i liked gta 4 stations

I am Mister X - Play
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #5
De7erminist

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil chevelle View Post
ya right when i saw the first trailer i had a feeling they would base it mostly on rock i mean it just maks sense right most bikers like rock also i had a feeling they would do something with the beat to because it was the most popular but i didnt realize they would go over the top on that to damn rockstar has ceased to impress me i wonder if all the stations on there will get at least one song added. im lookin forward to hearing more roy ayers and jnr damn i didnt realize how much i liked gta 4 stations
I'm real pleased with TLAD's music too.

I loved every bit on the rock stations, and The Beat was my favourite station.

But I hope they add something to The Vibe... one of my favourites too.

If they could just add more of The Who to LRR, or maybe even some Guns N' Roses.
Old 02-11-2009   #6
devil chevelle

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by }{oT~dEv1L 666 View Post
I'm real pleased with TLAD's music too.

I loved every bit on the rock stations, and The Beat was my favourite station.

But I hope they add something to The Vibe... one of my favourites too.

If they could just add more of The Who to LRR, or maybe even some Guns N' Roses.
the vibe was good i would say most of the songs on there were the more popular ones, sorry to say i dont think they will add another who song what ive noticed with rockstar its one song one band unless your roy ayers which i believe had two songs on gta 4 on two diffrent stations guns n roses would be good but when i imagine guns n roses i think of more san andreas then liberty city i dont know why its just maybe the feel i dont know. one band i would like to see go on here that would really fit well into the theme of the lost and the damned is motor head i think having a song from them would fit the biker and rock theme but for some reason i dont feel it would fit well into liberty city. most of the songs on the original gta 4 fit really well into the city itself but motor head i cant see doing that, hopefully my city talk makes sense.also for my last point i dont know which song from bathory there gonna put in there that will fit well into liberty city but most of the bathory songs i know deal with norse mythology and what not but knowing rockstar it will be all really good. damn cant wait for next tuesday thats like all ive been thinkin about.

also ive been meaning to read your blog for a while now hot devil but i just finally took a look at it, must say its pretty good well organized ill be genourous and add your link to my xbl and aim account

I am Mister X - Play

Last edited by devil chevelle; 02-11-2009 at 04:46 AM..
Old 02-11-2009   #7
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
If Episode 2 follows Luis, then I'm gonna take a stab at what's being done there, I'd imagine PLR will be the talky station upgraded, The Vibe, Classics and ElectroChoc also fit in with Luis, leaving perhaps IF99 or Fusion FM being the smooth kind of stations to be upgraded. For now that's just a guess, but taking into evidence that they revamped five stations in DLC 1 I'm assuming they will revamp another five in DLC 2.
Ash_735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009   #8
devil chevelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
If Episode 2 follows Luis, then I'm gonna take a stab at what's being done there, I'd imagine PLR will be the talky station upgraded, The Vibe, Classics and ElectroChoc also fit in with Luis, leaving perhaps IF99 or Fusion FM being the smooth kind of stations to be upgraded. For now that's just a guess, but taking into evidence that they revamped five stations in DLC 1 I'm assuming they will revamp another five in DLC 2.
i would say thats pretty good for me i was thinkin more of san juan sounds ( for obvioius reasons cus luis most likely speaks spainish and that fits in well with him) and the classics the beat again the vibe and plr if they do san juan sounds hopefully they can have some reggaton with english in it cus although i do like the music i just have no idea to what they are saying. but looking at what your saying probably makes the most sense and most of the stuff you do predict actually happens so.... you will most likely be right on.

I am Mister X - Play
Old 02-11-2009   #9
De7erminist

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil chevelle View Post
the vibe was good i would say most of the songs on there were the more popular ones, sorry to say i dont think they will add another who song what ive noticed with rockstar its one song one band unless your roy ayers which i believe had two songs on gta 4 on two diffrent stations guns n roses would be good but when i imagine guns n roses i think of more san andreas then liberty city i dont know why its just maybe the feel i dont know. one band i would like to see go on here that would really fit well into the theme of the lost and the damned is motor head i think having a song from them would fit the biker and rock theme but for some reason i dont feel it would fit well into liberty city. most of the songs on the original gta 4 fit really well into the city itself but motor head i cant see doing that, hopefully my city talk makes sense.also for my last point i dont know which song from bathory there gonna put in there that will fit well into liberty city but most of the bathory songs i know deal with norse mythology and what not but knowing rockstar it will be all really good. damn cant wait for next tuesday thats like all ive been thinkin about.

also ive been meaning to read your blog for a while now hot devil but i just finally took a look at it, must say its pretty good well organized ill be genourous and add your link to my xbl and aim account
The Who appeared in San Andreas too, though... I thought they could fit one more into TLAD. Baba O'Riley would be good. And many other artists also had more than one song in GTA radios, so it's not abnormal. Hell, Bob Marley even has a whole station dedicated to him!
Old 02-12-2009   #10
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
I called it weeks ago! I said 5 Stations and guessed them all except Radio Broker.
Out of interest, which one were you wrong about?
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote