Old 02-04-2009   #1
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Some New Music Confirmed

Quote:
NEW YORK – When "Grand Theft Auto IV" debuts another downloadable episode later this month, there'll be not only new story lines and characters, but also new music for the ride.

Busta Rhymes, Funkmaster Flex and others have been added to music stations on the radio dial in "The Lost and the Damned," an episode that features hours of new content for the popular video game, which released the fourth part of its series to great fanfare — and sales — last year.

Rhymes is also debuting a new song, "Conglomerate," exclusively for "Grand Theft Auto."

Music supervisor Ivan Pavlovich said the featured songs are a key component of "Grand Theft Auto," so they updated five of the radio stations in the game, including a hip-hop station and rock stations.

"Unlike movies, where you have a particular song that goes with a particular scene, what we do with the stations is really kind of allow each player to individualize how they want to play the game and how they set the tone," he said.

To that end, they've enlisted DJ Funkmaster Flex to make a show for the game's fictional Liberty City, which sits right outside of a New York-type metropolis. Rhymes' music is not only featured on the Flex channel, he also is interviewed by Flex.

The station also gives the rapper a chance to promote his upcoming CD and music, and fans can purchase songs they tag during play later on iTunes.

"It kind of shows the reach of video games to influence people to buy music," said Pavlovich. "That's why it's important for people like Busta, when they have new material. He is pushing an album in this. ... That's part of the whole thing that we do that's really important to us, is turning people on to new music. "

The new episode of "Grand Theft Auto IV" will be available on Xbox Feb. 17.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090203/...and_theft_auto
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #2
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
good post my man

for some reason i keep thinkin the dlc comes out feb 14

I am Mister X - Play
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #3
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent Post, So The Beat is getting replaced to then, we know that LCHC is getting a new DJ so that's two of the five stations we know are being updated.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009   #4
De7erminist

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Update:
I have found the song (it's leaked, therefore it's low quality), you can download it before. It's not in CD quality, but at least it gives you a sample on what to expect from the new songs in The Lost and Damned.

Download the song here (Low Quality MP3): http://blog.gtahq.net/media/files/20...nglomerate.mp3
Old 02-05-2009   #5
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
The song is plastered all over YouTube.
Old 02-05-2009   #6
De7erminist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
The song is plastered all over YouTube.
Yes, but YouTube is even lower quality.
Old 02-07-2009   #7
the_sextein

the_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished roadthe_sextein is on a distinguished road
Any news on the new music other than this? Being a fan of heavy music I was a little bit let down with the options in GTA 4 as they seemed more punk inspired.

The first thing I noticed on the Lost and Damned trailer was the sound of Max Cavelara's voice screaming out of my speakers and I was instantly smiling. I hope there are some more heavy bands like slayer or something. Anyone have any confirmed songs for the rock stations?

Last edited by the_sextein; 02-07-2009 at 07:37 PM..
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #8
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Excellent Post, So The Beat is getting replaced to then, we know that LCHC is getting a new DJ so that's two of the five stations we know are being updated.
i dont think there getting replaced i think there just adding them on the dj roster cus the beat had mr. and dj green lantern and funk master flex will probably be the third

I am Mister X - Play
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #9
Ash_735

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil chevelle View Post
i dont think there getting replaced i think there just adding them on the dj roster cus the beat had mr. and dj green lantern and funk master flex will probably be the third
Prhaps, but The Beat is a constant mix station, meaning no new songs/comments, etc can be inserted to the current mix, if they done a new mix and put them next to each other it would have to go "ALL OF THE BEAT 102.7 and ALL OF THE NEW BEAT 102.7", unless TLAD is told to ignore the old mix and just play the new mix, or does keep them both but favours the new mix during random selection..