Old 02-07-2009   #1
GtaMan93
INTJ

GtaMan93 is an unknown quantity at this point
what kinda fps will i get?

Specs
Intel Core i7 Extreme Processor 965 (4x 3.2GHz)
12gb ram
3x Nvidia Geforce GTX 285 1gb
Windows Vista Home SP1

Want to Run on all max at 1440x900
Any idea?
GtaMan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #2
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
The only person I know who has vaguely similar (but worse) hardware got about 35-45 fps average. You'll get more, but not that much. Running the game at maximum is stupid anyway, because many settings hardly affect how the game actually looks (the shadows don't actually get much better between lower and higher settings, for example).

That said, did you need to get rid of a lot of cash in a short time or something? Everything about that system yells money waster. 12 GBs of RAM, a processor from the Extreme family of the latest CPU generation, TRIPLE SLI of an only recently released high-end card? What the hell do you need this stuff for? You could have easily saved over a thousand dollars on that and the performance difference would have been negligible.

Last edited by ZCAB; 02-07-2009 at 02:55 AM..
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #3
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
I sure hope you're using 64-bit or else that RAM is pointless.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #4
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Someone who has those kind of specifications and doesn't even know what kind of performance they will receive shouldn't have those specs to begin with.
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #5
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
That was just unnecessary.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #6
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtaMan93 View Post
Specs
Intel Core i7 Extreme Processor 965 (4x 3.2GHz)
12gb ram
3x Nvidia Geforce GTX 285 1gb
Windows Vista Home SP1

Want to Run on all max at 1440x900
Any idea?
er was this question even neccessary? lol it could max the game easily with specs like that :/

hell that will run games easily within about 4 or 5 years into the future........

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #7
GtaMan93
INTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCAB View Post
The only person I know who has vaguely similar (but worse) hardware got about 35-45 fps average. You'll get more, but not that much. Running the game at maximum is stupid anyway, because many settings hardly affect how the game actually looks (the shadows don't actually get much better between lower and higher settings, for example).

That said, did you need to get rid of a lot of cash in a short time or something? Everything about that system yells money waster. 12 GBs of RAM, a processor from the Extreme family of the latest CPU generation, TRIPLE SLI of an only recently released high-end card? What the hell do you need this stuff for? You could have easily saved over a thousand dollars on that and the performance difference would have been negligible.
I got the computer because i wanted to get a computer that would last me a long long time.
Old 02-07-2009   #8
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I don't think you need to worry about your frame rate here. What you should be worrying about is the possibility of death due to too much awesomeness...
Old 02-07-2009   #9
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
I don't think you need to worry about your frame rate here. What you should be worrying about is the possibility of death due to too much awesomeness...
LOL well said

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Old 02-09-2009   #10
cokemonkey
Newbie Member

cokemonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
dude i get 20 fps on high and i got a
intel q6600 2.4ghz 1066mhz
nvidia geforce 9500gt 512mb ddr3
3gb corsair ddr2 667mhz
Old 02-09-2009   #11
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokemonkey View Post
dude i get 20 fps on high and i got a
intel q6600 2.4ghz 1066mhz
nvidia geforce 9500gt 512mb ddr3
3gb corsair ddr2 667mhz
You can get better if you upgrade your video card. The CPU and Ram is fine on that setup

Old 02-10-2009   #12
cokemonkey
Newbie Member

cokemonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite View Post
You can get better if you upgrade your video card. The CPU and Ram is fine on that setup
ye well i just spent over 400$ on upgrades a couple months ago so i wont be upgrading any time soon
Old 02-10-2009   #13
GtaMan93
INTJ

I'm getting 85fps average and my least fps is 57.
Old 02-10-2009   #14
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
just wondering GtaMan how much did that setup cost you?
Old 02-10-2009   #15
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtaMan93 View Post
I'm getting 85fps average and my least fps is 57.
holy shit O_O nice framerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillb View Post
just wondering GtaMan how much did that setup cost you?
I bet he spent a good $3000+ on that setup, the i7 965 chip is alone is $1000, and 3 x GTX 285's together are about another $1000, and all the other hardware + monitor maybe the third $1000

Last edited by Nite; 02-11-2009 at 01:20 AM..