Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Lost and Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2009   #1
DRzCalderon
I'm an Idol the highest Title
Newbie Member

DRzCalderon is an unknown quantity at this point
Theory on Luis's missions in DLC #2.

Well, the first time we see luis Lopez is when he's on the floor during the '' three Leaf Clover ''mission. the way this mission is going to go in luis's perspective is when niko and the MCcreary brothers are busy shouting at the clerks to open the door and when niko is robbing the safe, there is extra conversation going on when luis is on the ground. And when niko and the others flee the bank, I assume he attends to take some money leftover in the safe because of niko saying '' I didn't get all of it '' causing this to be a possible chase scene for luis. And the reason why he was at the bank in the first place was because he may have also had an intention to rob the bank as well.

Now During the '' Museum Piece '' mission, we see luis shoot at a couple of guys during the deal, killing them instantly. But doesn't kill johnny ( obviously ) and that other guy with the beard and hat. so during this mission in luis's perspective, the player would have to go after that guy with the hat due to him picking up the diamonds right before fleeing the scene and johnny fleeing with the suitcase. And in gameplay, you would have to chase the guy with the hat and confront him to attain the diamonds. Not to mention the fact that Luis ends up with the diamonds in the game when making the exchange for Ancelotti's daughter.

Last but not least, During his last appereance in the game, when your doing '' Diamonds is a Women's Best Friend '' mission, right after niko is attacked by Bulgarin's henchmen, Luis with Ancelotti and his daughter flee the scene instantly as well as Bulgarin. So this brings the assumption of there being a chase scene during this mission. so the player would most likely be fleeing in a car chase from bulgarin. It could be that in gameplay the protogonist will be driving to flee from him or would be shooting at him during the car chase.

So what do you guys think? And share your theories as well.
DRzCalderon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #2
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
i can see most of what you said happening besides the bank robbery i dought he was there to rob it and i also dought he will be there to take the money that was left over cus that would be just plain dumb they can see his face in plain site and then he would just be fucked by the authorites when they find him. but you did make a good point and it will be good to see what they do with luis on that mission.also i think on the muesuem piece mission i have a feeling it will be luis escaping issac roth and mori greens men rather then chasing after them. and the last mission i can say you did pretty well on assuming what will happen.
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #3
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Museum Piece requires a lot of examination, it wasn't until finding out about Luis that I could finally piece all this Diamond business together. From what we know, Issac is stuck, when the mission starts after the ambush, turn around and walk into that small room, Issac is there shouting at you to clear the path. Character wise, we KNOW Luis got the Diamonds, because Gay Tony has the Diamonds back for the trade during "Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend" and we KNOW Johnny grabbed the cash and ran, for obvious reason as Ray mentions, so that leaves Niko, whose tasks is to clear the mob and clear the path for himself and Issac (to which we late go and kill him anyway).

I like the "Impossible Trinity" theory because it's also the point in the story when a lot of power changes in one event, in a little ironic way, least affecting Niko, it's The Lost and Johnny who risked hell to get those Diamonds and waiting for a pay off, so even though it went wrong, Johnny still got his cash. Luis, if we assume, is working with the Mob and Gay Tony to try and track down the diamonds and get them back, something which he finally does in that mission, which spins off a whole new sub-genre of missions involving kidnapping Gracie and the McRearys getting involved.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #4
DRzCalderon
I'm an Idol the highest Title
Newbie Member

DRzCalderon is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Museum Piece requires a lot of examination, it wasn't until finding out about Luis that I could finally piece all this Diamond business together. From what we know, Issac is stuck, when the mission starts after the ambush, turn around and walk into that small room, Issac is there shouting at you to clear the path. Character wise, we KNOW Luis got the Diamonds, because Gay Tony has the Diamonds back for the trade during "Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend" and we KNOW Johnny grabbed the cash and ran, for obvious reason as Ray mentions, so that leaves Niko, whose tasks is to clear the mob and clear the path for himself and Issac (to which we late go and kill him anyway).

I like the "Impossible Trinity" theory because it's also the point in the story when a lot of power changes in one event, in a little ironic way, least affecting Niko, it's The Lost and Johnny who risked hell to get those Diamonds and waiting for a pay off, so even though it went wrong, Johnny still got his cash. Luis, if we assume, is working with the Mob and Gay Tony to try and track down the diamonds and get them back, something which he finally does in that mission, which spins off a whole new sub-genre of missions involving kidnapping Gracie and the McRearys getting involved.
Very good eye ash. I didn't notice when issac actually gets stuck shouting at niko to clear the path. So I iguess i'm completely out of theories in which how Luis got the diamonds without being seen. How is the gameplay going to be represented there.
DRzCalderon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #5
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Some interesting ideas there. Once we're familiar with Johnny's role in these events I'm sure we'll have a better picture on what Luis gets up to. For example, why & how is Luis associated with the Anciolotties? Why did he ambush the meeting in the museum (other than the high value of the diamonds and cash) and how did he know about the deal in the first place?
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #6
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_86 View Post
Some interesting ideas there. Once we're familiar with Johnny's role in these events I'm sure we'll have a better picture on what Luis gets up to. For example, why & how is Luis associated with the Anciolotties? Why did he ambush the meeting in the museum (other than the high value of the diamonds and cash) and how did he know about the deal in the first place?
Luis is Gay Tony's bodyguard, who is an associate to the Ancelotti Crime Family and a friend of Gracie's.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #7
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
i agree with all the luis stuff but theres one thing that kind of bothers me but im sure rockstar will have a great reason for it later. the mafia doesent get assosiates to do stuff that luis is doing and in a mans position like gay tony he couldent order that shit either so why would luis be there he is obviously not made with the ancelottis gay tony is just a club owner he cant order all that so why would old man ancelotti order luis to be there you know. o and by the way i never realized that isaac was in the back telling niko to clear the path ..... just when i thought i knew everything about gta
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #8
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
Luis is Gay Tony's bodyguard, who is an associate to the Ancelotti Crime Family and a friend of Gracie's.
Good point, I should of thought to look him up on the LCPD database.
Old 02-08-2009   #9
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil chevelle View Post
i agree with all the luis stuff but theres one thing that kind of bothers me but im sure rockstar will have a great reason for it later. the mafia doesent get assosiates to do stuff that luis is doing and in a mans position like gay tony he couldent order that shit either so why would luis be there he is obviously not made with the ancelottis gay tony is just a club owner he cant order all that so why would old man ancelotti order luis to be there you know.
I'm fairly sure they were Gay Tony's diamonds in the first place - the Biker's stole them from him. So Luis, Gay Tony's bodyguard went to steal them back.

There is a lot of mystery surrounding these diamonds, I'm sure both episodes of the DLC plan on answering this.
Old 02-08-2009   #10
Jimmy_86
Think!

Well I thought the diamonds arrived with Niko. You see a guy mixing them into a cake mix (I think that's what it is) in the opening movie on the Platypus. I wonder who they were intended for originally? Also the news states shortly after Niko's arrival that the captain of the Platypus was found dead in the river. Perhaps Luis (or the Lost?) took the diamonds from the boat and killed the captain in the process.
Old 02-08-2009   #11
victim

That's highly possibly, my guess would be that Luis stole them from the boat, seeing as the Lost took them from Luis. Remember Bulgarin also claimed to own the diamonds, so he probably sent them to America on the boat, or something.
Old 02-08-2009   #12
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
Luis' connection to the Ancellottis is not that hard to figure out. He is a hired outsider that has an established trust with the family head. This is exhibited previously by Claude in III, CJ in his Las Venturas adventures an Niko with Jimmy P. If a mob boss can outsource "projects" to distract federal agents they will use them from time to time.
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #13
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
From my view I think this is what he did in GTA IV.
Luis Fernando Lopez

Luis Fernando Lopez is a Dominican-American street gangster associated with the Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers and also works as a bodyguard for club owner and Ancelotti associate Anthony "Gay Tony" Prince. He is also be rumored to be involved in underground fight clubs. Luis appears during Grand Theft Auto IV on three occasions. The first time he visits the Bank of Liberty branch in Algonquin during the bank robbery pulled off by the McReary brothers and Niko Bellic in the mission Three Leaf Clover. Fellow hostage Eugene Reaper suggested that they stand up to the robbers. Luis stated it was a bad idea, which was proven when Eugene killed Keane and was then shot dead by Packie and Derrick. Luis presumably escaped when the surviving robbers fled the scene. The second time, he ambushes the diamond deal that Niko was making with Isaac Roth on behalf of the Pegorinos in the mission Museum Piece. It has also been speculated that Luis worked with Johnny, but he was there with the Ancelotti Family when the deal crashed, and he shot at Johnny. The third time he went to the diamond/Gracie Ancelotti exchange with Gay Tony in the mission Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend.

There is some speculation he will be the protagonist in the second episode of the DLC. Reasons to support this are his mysterious appearances in Grand Theft Auto IV, and questionable background. This is also suspected due to Niko and Johnny, two protagonists, meet up in the museum, and Luis appears to ambush it. As well as the achievement you get after completing the Museum Piece mission is called "Impossible Trinity", which at first is crpytic, but makes speculative sense: 3 characters have been brought together by almost impossble events. Whether or not he appears in the second episode of DLC is still up in the air, but by his mysterious appearances, he may be featured more in The Lost and Damned.
zeeshan810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #14
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_86 View Post
Well I thought the diamonds arrived with Niko. You see a guy mixing them into a cake mix (I think that's what it is) in the opening movie on the Platypus. I wonder who they were intended for originally? Also the news states shortly after Niko's arrival that the captain of the Platypus was found dead in the river. Perhaps Luis (or the Lost?) took the diamonds from the boat and killed the captain in the process.
Here is what I think, may not be true, but best way I could see all characters being involved.

1. They are smuggled into Liberty City by BULGARIN, under his orders he has plans to sell them in LC to make a profit.
2. He sells them to Gay Tony for the Ancellottis (sp?), who in turn takes them back to his club whilst under guard with Luis.
3. News is leaked and this is how ISSAC and THE LOST find out about them.
4. Ray Boccino puts out an order for them offering a lot of cash, something THE LOST decide to take up.
5. The Lost raid the club, steal the diamonds and dump them in Algonquin (as mentioned by the trash workers).
6. Ray sets up a deal with ISSAC and gets Niko and Johnny to do the deal.
7. LUIS finds out about this and in the short time manages to get a crew together to lock down the Museum.
8. "Museum Piece"
9. With the Diamonds back in the hands of Gay Tony, here I'd assume he's getting doubts about the whole thing, Luis mentions Niko, The Ancellottis know their seller is after Niko, they keep that in mind.
10. The McRearys now want the Diamonds so the whole kidnap plan is done.
11. Whilst agreeing to the Deal, Gay Tony/Any goon informs BULGARIN where the deal is taking place.
12. "Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend"
13. Hobo lives the good life.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009   #15
Jimmy_86
Think!

Ash, regarding point 4, this Ray/Lost connection is likely through Johnny's "Old Lady".

More importantly, (points 1-2) the captain of the Platypus died and they make a point of mentioning it on the news. I'd say Bulgarin is unlikely to have any positive dealings with Luis/Tony/Ancelottis, especially noting the way Luis & Gracie etc run off when Bulgarin crashes that deal.

Also, the crew you mention in point 7 is surely just a bunch of Ancelotti* generic gang members.

I think we've put together a basic idea of what happened in the diamond's life cycle but there's still a lot of how & why.

*That's the correct spelling, I checked the manual.