Old 01-20-2009   #1
Dom

Dom is an unknown quantity at this point
Question access denied

Ok i just installed the gta 4 magic patcher and went to uncheck "Read-Only" and it say access denied but when i continue it say "applying attribute" but if i go back the"Read-Only" box it hant changes its still blue (the colour the box was origianlly) there wasnt a tick in box to start did it work or not, can someone exlpain please .
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009   #2
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have permission to modify files in those directories? Are you an Administrator or User with sufficient privileges?

If you're running Vista, right-click the software and click Run as administrator.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009   #3
Dom

i am running vista but it doesnt give me the opton to run as administrator, is it because it saved on E drive?

could it be because magic is zipped

Last edited by Dom; 01-20-2009 at 07:06 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 01-20-2009   #4
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
By chance, is E your DVD drive?
Old 01-20-2009   #5
Dom

in gta 4 properties it says CREATOR OWNER doesnt have any permmission

e is not the dvd drive i think its call a external hard drive

Last edited by Dom; 01-20-2009 at 07:15 PM..
Old 01-20-2009   #6
Thundercracker

Why isn't GTA IV installed to your C drive?

Go to the GTA IV installation folder. Right-click, click Properties.
Security tab, Advanced button.
Permissions tab, Change Permissions button.
Add button.
Advanced button.
Find Now button, click your user name, OK button.
OK button.
Change Apply To drop-down box to This Folder, Subfolders And Files, check Full Control and click OK.
Click OK.
Click OK.
Click OK.

Tell me if that works.
Old 01-20-2009   #7
Dom

ok that work i didnt get access denied by the box still goes blue it is supposed to then there is no problem( just to clarify the read only box has three states 1 has a tick, anotherone is clear and the other one is blue) so what i am asking is does it matter that the read only box is blue .

Last edited by Dom; 01-20-2009 at 08:01 PM..
Old 01-20-2009   #8
Thundercracker

Ohh, blue. I personally refer to it as filled.

Checked means all files are read-only. Unchecked means no files are read-only. Filled (blue) means some (anywhere from one to almost every file) is read-only.

The filled box only applies to folders containing files (or subfolders).

I'm sure you're fine now. All files in which you could remove the read-only attribute from are likely changed and can be modified further without issue.
Old 01-20-2009   #9
Dom

thank you for the help.
Old 02-13-2009   #10
xBlackPearlx
Newbie Member

xBlackPearlx is an unknown quantity at this point
omg thank you so much, you solved my problem big time!!! GTA IV is now moddable thanks to your help bro!
xBlackPearlx is offline   Reply With Quote