Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2009   #1
Markonious
Niko's cousin

Markonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb You want the cool motion blur and don't want whole screen smudged?

Hello fellow GTAists, not long ago I requested over at GTAForums if someone could eliminate smudgy DOF effect and just leave the cool motion blur when you press "p", I wish I had a clue about disassembling shaders and whatnot...but this two guys did and through some teamwork we got the result! So big thx to Klanly and Belinda and all of you...enjoy!

Make shure your GTA is editable and if you use nv card 8-series or above, put it in common\shaders\win32_30_nv8.
ati card hd 3000 above, put it in win32_30_atidx10...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jtdnlioxhnm
Markonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009   #2
hristi
Newbie Member

hristi is on a distinguished roadhristi is on a distinguished road
any screens?
hristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009   #3
Markonious
Niko's cousin

Markonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished roadMarkonious is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Haven't thought about that! Ok,here you go!

You can see it best here,none of that smudgness,but the nice motion blur when u move the camera is still on...

It's(difference) a little bit less noticeable in a moving screenshot,but in realtime,it's a big difference!

My favorite view...it's really an awsome sensation of speed in this view! (and again on the screenshot it seems it's a small difference,but believe me it's huge!
The only thing that's screwed with dashboard camera is that in almost all cars(bikes r fine)the blur is too much because of the camera which is further back,but the blur isn't adjusted to this new position...(with this altered file or without,it's a camera problem)
So...i have a plea here,for the dude which made the dashboard view,check this out(press "p" in dashboard view) and try to fix it for the cars please???

The guys over at GTAForums made some more progress and there are even variants of this file to enable DOF effect far in the distance or medium and far distance too, so now you can pick and choose whatever you like best...enjoy!
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?s...c=385655&st=60
p.s. If any of you guys figures out something new about this,post it also!
p.p.s. Lots of cookies and respect to one that fixes the blur in dashboard camera!!!

Last edited by Markonious; 01-19-2009 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Markonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009   #4
Leito

Leito will become famous soon enoughLeito will become famous soon enoughLeito will become famous soon enoughLeito will become famous soon enoughLeito will become famous soon enoughLeito will become famous soon enough
Ooo, looks nice.

My nick on YT - RyderPL
Leito is offline   Reply With Quote