Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2009   #1
Ænemy
Digital/Concept Artist

Ænemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enough
Trying to mod but ran into a small problem.

Alright, so I installed the patch that let's me install mods using the one made by GamerX550 , but I lost my savegame because the game doesn't connect to windows live. Any solutions? Or does it have to disable it to use mods?

And I couldn't find a way to install a mod, even with the mod installer from gta4mods.com, which kept coming up with a runtime error.

Yeah, I suddenly feel knees deep in ,"Your gonna have to re-install it for 20 minutes again."
Ænemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009   #2
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Well I would recommend a reinstall (or Repair) and then use aru's Magic IV Patcher. Easy to use and it has a Recover option so you can revert any files modified by this patch to their original state. No known conflicts with Windows Live (to my knowledge) either, so you shouldn't have any problems with losing save games.
Old 01-12-2009   #3
Ænemy
Digital/Concept Artist

Ænemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enoughÆnemy will become famous soon enough
Reinstalled and working now.

But with any mods I download and install, does this mean I can't play online?

Edit: Amazing. I install the MagicIV patcher, and then there's an update over Windows Live. Now the game won't run.

Last edited by Ænemy; 01-12-2009 at 08:35 PM..
Old 01-12-2009   #4
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Well remember you can go back and use the Recover option. Try doing that, and then re-patching it.
Old 01-12-2009   #5
Ænemy
Digital/Concept Artist

Yeah, I tried it. But it wouldn't work since the game or windows live got an update, which somehow corrupted the files or somethin'. Oh well, now imma try using some mods.
Old 01-12-2009   #6
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
You need to run the update before using MagicIV.
Old 01-16-2009   #7
lironzz

lironzz can only hope to improve
lol i lost my complete story :S
lironzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009   #8
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
What happened that you say "I lost my complete story" ?