Old 01-11-2009   #46
crowbar129
Newbie Member

crowbar129 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
Thanks, I see that now, too. I guess it's just the AI doing that - I'll see if I can fix that.
No problem. This mod made me play GTA IV again . After I completed the story and such, I didn't play again until now. In fact, I am replaying the whole game with the bodyguard(s) it's really cool. I'm trying to take 1 bodyguard from start till end of story, not dying (impossible, yes I know ).

I got some suggestions for maybe improving the mod, however I do not know if this is technically possible because I am not programmer .
My suggestions:
-Be able to give simple commands to your bodyguards like: move to place on map, follow, guard here, take/steal that car.
-When they can take/steal a car: they can follow you with there car.
-Blips on map, every bodyguard a blip.

Maybe some of my suggestions (if not all) are impossible, still I am quite sure if this is possible this will most likely please a lot of fans =), this way it feels more roleplay and fun to be able to lead your guards/enforcers (whatever ya call them).

Last edited by crowbar129; 01-11-2009 at 04:04 PM..
crowbar129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009   #47
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
the blips on the map per bodyguard are definitely possible, but im not so sure it would be a good thing for this mod, especially for people who like to spawn 40 guards (me!) i know there could be a keystroke for it, but im already pushing it on keystrokes. once i get a way to use dialogue boxes and all that, i'm probably going to make a sort of NPC spawner which will have a lot of character controls that aren't really suited for a "bodyguard mod." thanks for the suggestions though, and i'm glad youre enjoying the mod
Old 01-11-2009   #48
crowbar129
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
the blips on the map per bodyguard are definitely possible, but im not so sure it would be a good thing for this mod, especially for people who like to spawn 40 guards (me!) i know there could be a keystroke for it, but im already pushing it on keystrokes. once i get a way to use dialogue boxes and all that, i'm probably going to make a sort of NPC spawner which will have a lot of character controls that aren't really suited for a "bodyguard mod." thanks for the suggestions though, and i'm glad youre enjoying the mod
That sounds nice . I guess if what I suggested was ever done in the future, it would indeed not just be a bodyguard mod anymore. More like a little "Niko Bellic" organisation with secret members who will obey anything he commands them to do .

Oh well, I'll see what comes out of this corner.. , I got a feeling the coming months will be filled with growing mods for GTA IV . Good luck.

Last edited by crowbar129; 01-12-2009 at 03:53 PM..
Old 01-13-2009   #49
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
The latest Public version is perfectly playable now.

I was able to do some of the most difficult missions in game just by spamming bodyguards and watching them take cover and kill the opposition.

I can execute or do anything i want and the guards will never try to attack me.

You can stand in a large space at 4 stars and your never going to be hit because the bodyguards are absolutely massacring the police.

Personally i always disable the godmode since it's more realistic and fun for me. I even noticed 2 of my guys took a car and drove to me, exited and opened fire on the police. Surprised me alot.

tl;dr

No issues to report so far, epic fun
Old 01-13-2009   #50
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
here this is a great mod. But i find the cops are like your bodyguards. What i mean is that if you are going to a big shootout with alot of gang memebers in it. I would wait until the cops are close by when the other start shooting just sit back and let the cops take over.

I have done this in nearly every gun based mission in the game and its make things alot better and easy to complete. Without taking any damage at all or shooting a single gun
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009   #51
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
You have the liberty to have a personal army at your fingertips that won't give a shit if you shoot civilian or military.

This is one of the major breakpoints I'd take Rappo's mod over the 911 call.
Old 01-13-2009   #52
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
maybe so. But if you can't download it and the cops are neary by i take the cops with out the 911 call
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009   #53
Mani929
Newbie Member

Mani929 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey rappo i'm really enjoyed the BodyGuard ..but there any passble way can you show me the code that you used to this script ! if you don't mind!!!!!...
and another thing..can you make a script in LUA lang...???
Mani929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009   #54
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
sorry i've been a little behind on it - i'm going to clean up the code and send it to some people, i'll be sure to include you
Old 01-13-2009   #55
Mani929
Newbie Member

thanks man :-) ... Don't forget meeeeeeeee...

you didn't answer me ....what about making the Bodyguard Script in Lua format?? ...because you know the asi script loading one time in Sp !! its can't load twice..will not work in Mp or LAN ..!! but the lua work fine in Mp even when you load it again ....so if you can help me i'm so thankful ..coz i like to play Mp/Lan with my friends

Last edited by Mani929; 01-13-2009 at 09:26 PM..
Old 01-13-2009   #56
rappo
Professional Dumbass

i'm not going to do that no, it would be a terrible task. compmstr seems to want to do it though, so when i clean up the code he's apparently going to try it out
Old 01-13-2009   #57
Mani929
Newbie Member

ohh thanks man...i am waiting for the codes then ! Great Job ;-) keep it like this way !
Old 01-14-2009   #58
crowbar129
Newbie Member

Actually, it will work in multiplayer. I had lots of fun on a private server with a friend. Basically, you gotta get invited by someone before going into singleplayer and accept that message, this way multiplayer will load (= first time loading), so it does work.
Old 01-14-2009   #59
UnknownProjects

UnknownProjects is on a distinguished roadUnknownProjects is on a distinguished roadUnknownProjects is on a distinguished road
nvm... haha im dumb, just saw there was a mode to make em mortal.
UnknownProjects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009   #60
Mani929
Newbie Member

i Meant to play LAN ..not Online...so its have to load twice !!!