Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2009   #136
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
What mods are you trying to run? Just my Bodyguard Mod?
If you are trying to run other mods, remove them and try with just my Bodyguard Mod.
If you're already trying only the Bodyguard Mod, then do you have the ScriptHook.dll file installed?
Old 06-29-2009   #137
Nикита
Newbie Member

Nикита is an unknown quantity at this point
I think I finally found the problem.
From the fact that in the USA and Russia in various designations patch your mod unfortunately does not want to work, that's what appeared in the log ScriptHook.dll:

Log start: Mon Jun 29 23:53:52 2009
-----------------------------------------------
[INFO] GTA IV Script Hook 0.2.6 - (C) 2009, Aru - Initialized
[INFO] Process base address: 0x20000
[INFO] Auto detecting game version
[FATAL] Failed to detect game version
Nикита is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009   #138
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Sorry man but that's an issue with Aru's ScriptHook that I can't fix. His hook probably doesn't support the Russian EXE file. You may want to email him about it (aruforone@gmail.com) - he responds pretty quickly.
Old 07-01-2009   #139
bptuner
Newbie Member

bptuner is an unknown quantity at this point
I just downloaded this mod, its pretty cool but I was wondering if it would be possible for me to modify it in someway so that when I shoot/attack people, the bodyguards attack them too, rather than them just responding to someone assaulting me so essentially they'd become more like 'hitmen' as opposed to 'bodyguards'. Let me know if this is possible or if theres an existing mod that features this.
bptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009   #140
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
rappo, I have a suggestion I'm not sure anybody has mentioned or not, I say if it's possible, make some key for bodygaurd behavior, like by pressing A button they attack enemies, pressing D they just defend you (if somebody shoots, they shoot too) and O button to make them off, just follow you. If you can make this, it'll be so good
Old 07-15-2009   #141
p2bl
Newbie Member

p2bl is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys, sorry im new, but i have everything installed and it wont let me even start the game, i get an error msg "gta has stopped working..."
i have the latest version of gta 1.0.4 or sumthing
and i have ASI loader v1.0.2.0b
and i got this bodygaurd mod (the latest one)
ideas?
p2bl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #142
rappo
Professional Dumbass

Do you have the ScriptHook installed? also is the bodyguard mod the only mod that you have installed..
Old 07-15-2009   #143
p2bl
Newbie Member

i have script hook in the folder.
and yeah thats the only mod.
Old 07-15-2009   #144
rappo
Professional Dumbass

its really hard for me to tell you whats wrong because the mod obviously works can you provide some details about how you installed everything? are all the files in your root GTA IV folder?

also are you using a different version of the EXE, like the guy above who had the Russian one?
Old 07-15-2009   #145
p2bl
Newbie Member

yeah they all are...
i extracted the 2 (asi and bodygaurd) into the folder....anything wrong?
now it wont let me start up, unless i delete them.

has it happened to anyone else?

Last edited by p2bl; 07-15-2009 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 07-18-2009   #146
p2bl
Newbie Member

can it be because i have vista?
also when it stopps working it says Data Execution Prevention has closed gta 4...
when i try to unblock it (DEP) from closing it, it says this program must run with D.E.P enabled, you cannot turn it off for this program...
ideas?
Old 07-18-2009   #147
rappo
Professional Dumbass

I run Windows XP SP2, GTA IV v1.0.4.0, Alexander Blade's ASI loader, and aru's latest ScriptHook. The only thing I can suggest at this point is to download aru's latest ScriptHook (http://aru.mtasa.com/gta4/GTAIVScrip...3.0_Redist.zip) which isn't the same as the one that comes in the Bodyguard Mod download.
Old 07-23-2009   #148
tony007
Newbie Member

tony007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey rappo, i have a few questions.

1) When the bodyguards are in god-mode, i can't kill it. Would this mean that they're gonna go all around the city after i get taken to the hospital and take up my memory space? In other words, do god-mode body guards despawn after i die and get respawned at a hospital really far away?

2) Can you make body guards drive you around while you shoot?

3) Can you offer us a way to change the body guards' health to what we want? I really hate how they die so fast (this question is irrelevant if question #1 says body guards DO despawn when you're really far away from them)
tony007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009   #149
rappo
Professional Dumbass

1) i think they might stick around after you die, they dont despawn. what you can do though is after you come back outside the hospital, you can discard all mods (i cant remember, i think the key is Shift+F4, check the readme though). that will despawn them and remove them from your memory, even if you cant see them

2) sorry but no i couldnt really get this to work. you can check out my Ride Along mod though, it lets you enter any pedestrian's vehicle and do drive-by's out of it

3) maybe this is irrelevant now :p
Old 07-23-2009   #150
tony007
Newbie Member

tony007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
you can check out my Ride Along mod though, it lets you enter any pedestrian's vehicle and do drive-by's out of itp
But the mod says it only works on v1.0.3.0 or lower O.o

Let's say i get it to work. Wouldn't shooting near a ped make him/her freak out and exit the car right away?
tony007 is offline   Reply With Quote