Old 12-18-2008   #1
a-k-t-w
Newbie Member

a-k-t-w is on a distinguished roada-k-t-w is on a distinguished road
Exclamation GTA IV Mod Installer

Hello there,

I downloaded the mod installer from this website, and when I try and install a mod
it come up with and error: 'Run-time error '75': Path/File access error'.
Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone help?

-Aiden
a-k-t-w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #2
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Select the game's data files, right click and choose Properties. Make sure that the read-only box is not checked.
Old 12-19-2008   #3
a-k-t-w
Newbie Member

a-k-t-w is on a distinguished roada-k-t-w is on a distinguished road
cool, thanks for the help
a-k-t-w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009   #4
RussianWolf
Newbie Member

RussianWolf is on a distinguished roadRussianWolf is on a distinguished roadRussianWolf is on a distinguished road
I had the same problem but when I tried turn off the read only setting in the data file it said that it did it but once I click ok and re-open the properties it's reset onto read only again. What should I do?
RussianWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009   #5
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
go to the Rockstar Games folder, right click your entire GTA IV folder and go to its properties. uncheck read-only, then press apply. itll ask if you what to apply it to - choose folder, all subfolders, and all files. hopefully thatll do the trick
Old 01-06-2009   #6
RussianWolf
Newbie Member

RussianWolf is on a distinguished roadRussianWolf is on a distinguished roadRussianWolf is on a distinguished road
Thanks I did that and it worked but now that I installed a mod my game is completely shut down. It refuses to start and says fatal error rmnd40. MagicIV said that the files were messed up from the mod so I am reinstalling the game. If the same thing happens again once I do that what should I do?
Old 01-07-2009   #7
rappo
Professional Dumbass

you need to install MagicIV BEFORE you install your mod. it requires a clean install of the game.
but i think with the GTA IV Mod Installer you dont even need to use MagicIV, it has a file check bypasser built in. but if you sometimes dont use it, its best to install magicIV. just make sure your game isnt modded when you run the patch.
Old 01-07-2009   #8
RussianWolf
Newbie Member

Alright thanks. I got MagicIV after the mod installer and after I tried to install a couple of mods so I will do that first this time after I finish reinstalling it. Thank you again you have been very helpful.