Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2008   #46
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by }{oT~dEv1L 666 View Post
Ok, guys. I'm being really honest here. I really loved GTA IV. I have played GTA IV so much, I've played through the story 3.5 times and 100% twice, and have completed the Multiplayer modes twice playing every variation possible, and it was fun. I haven't even checked out the swingset of death glitch, nor watched all the TV shows, nor checked out the game's internet. There's still a bunch to do in this game, for me, although I'm sure I've already played the game for over 500 hours.

Saints Row 2?! I haven't even gotten the "Addicted To Tha Row" achievement, which means I haven't even played it for 50 hours. More like 15 hours I think. The game crashed on my Xbox 360 more times than Grand Theft Auto IV or Crysis Warhead crashes on my crappy PC (dual-core, Nvidia Geforce 8600GT 256MB card). And the activities were fun till Level 3, after that it became repetitive. The helicopter contols were so bad it made Heli Assault the worst mini-game ever. Driving and shooting controls are clunky and something I won't ever want to get used to if I still want to play games like Halo, GTA or Gears of War, or Midnight Club - in fact, you won't even want to get used to the controls if you play any shooting/driving game. The storyline was weak, customization got boring sooner than it takes me to take out the disc and throw it in the bin, and nobody plays Multiplayer... in fact, it was like GTA LCS ported to the Xbox 360, stripped of it's atmosphere, music, characters, storyline and slammed in some mainstream music, gimmicky controls, different naming, messy city, and still keeping the activities - a whole load of bull - yea, and it ripped off the customization from Oblivion. In other words, it was like the old-school GTAs, ported to next-gen consoles and toned down so much it totally sucked, yet still felt kinda GTA-ish.

My point is, GTA IV is still greater than Saints Row 2 in any way possible... you must be lying or jerking of to Tera Patrick if you think Saints Row 2 is better than GTA IV.

And, P.S.: For those who think I'm lying as SR2 is my most recent played game on my GamerCard, it's not - it's just GTA IV PC not showing...
You really need to fucking stop bashing SR2. The game's fine, and it's a lot more fun that GTA IV. That's not to say GTA IV isn't a good game; it's a great game.
~Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #47
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Schwab View Post
You really need to fucking stop bashing SR2. The game's fine, and it's a lot more fun that GTA IV. That's not to say GTA IV isn't a good game; it's a great game.
Correct, my good man.
I gave that game not one rental, not two, but THREE hollywood video rental's.

ontopic: uhm, GTA:IV is a wonderful game. The fact you can choose who lives or dies with almost every main character, and online mode is great, aswell. I still would play it, if i had my xbox.
EDIT: oh yah. did whatshisface get his game back and kill the kid?
will we ever know what really happend?
Old 12-31-2008   #48
Jon P
Free your mind up

Jon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud of
considering how this thread turned out I don't think we really care

Another thread hijack successfully brought to you by: ME™

ME™ is a registered trademark of my parents.
Old 12-31-2008   #49
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
I got it back, gotta back yesterday, I just forgot to post back. Just went round to his to play his xbox for 30 mins seen the PS3 version sitting there on his desk, he doesn't even have a PS3, so I stuffed it onto my bag and said I have to go meet someone and that I would see him later. Not spoken to him since.
Old 12-31-2008   #50
Jon P
Free your mind up

Jon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud of
you should see if he mentions it
Old 01-02-2009   #51
JCMercenary
If you can't wear a spandex jumpsuit...

JCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of lightJCMercenary is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shy Child. View Post
I got it back, gotta back yesterday, I just forgot to post back. Just went round to his to play his xbox for 30 mins seen the PS3 version sitting there on his desk, he doesn't even have a PS3, so I stuffed it onto my bag and said I have to go meet someone and that I would see him later. Not spoken to him since.
Ask him if he knows where it is, or if he borrowed it. When he says he lost it, kick his ass for losing it then go home and go play darts with Brucie on PS3.
JCMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #52
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
Fun: Saints Row 2 > Grand Theft Auto IV
Story: GTA IV > Saints Row 2
Graphics: GTA IV > Saints Row 2
Idea: GTA IV > Saints Row 2

Saints Row 2 is over-the-top like San Andreas, plus it has more features. But if you want something thats more engaging and serious then get GTA IV.
Thomas B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009   #53
jammsbro
Autodrunk

jammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enough
You should have said "i'm taking my game back mate" and then walked out. I hate folk like that. I hope he's annoyed you took it back.

I hated IV too, poor alover for me. Controls were annoying, graphics were very pretty but totally uninteresting for me. It was all just more city, then more city. I hated the early mission which were a right pain in the arse and if it wasn't for the humour in it early on i doubt i would have stuck with it. More realistic does not mean more fun.
Old 01-03-2009   #54
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
Tell him gimme the Game or I'll shove a BASEBALL BAT up your ASS
Old 01-03-2009   #55
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
kick his asss broo! lol
i have a friend who is like that.
he stole my SR game, but told me and ran.
so the next day, i went to his house, he answered, i walked right in, and to his room, and there it was.
So i took my game, and a gold watch and ring and stuffed those items in my pocket for the pawn shop.
Old 01-03-2009   #56
zeeshan810
RockstarDB.com

zeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enoughzeeshan810 will become famous soon enough
Make a Deal with him tell him gimme me my game right now or if he doesn't Take Revenge GTA Style.