Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2008   #16
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by leelee862 View Post
I won't go into detail because I'd be here all night. I'll just say that the game has a lot of potential and Rockstar need to pull their fingers out of their asses and add some more depth to this huge yet empty city.

Infact I can't just leave it at that. Rockstar, what happened? Why did you take the fun factor out of the game and replace it with, enjoyable, but, I don't want to say boring, but boring and sometimes extremely infuriating realism? Why, oh why was this game so..bleh?! Surely having fun is realistic?! The only thing that saves the game really is the storyline.

Don't get me wrong though, I still love it . Just, pull your fingers out and make it a bit more fun for Christ's sake.
The physics are wonky too. Niko can be shot from a cannon and hit a wall with minor effect, but landing on the ground at average falling speed will more likely than not vastly harm (if not kill) Niko. Same thing with coming into contact with vehicles, even parked ones. Not as drastic, but still quite noticeable.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #17
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Most of the things stated were said by Magazine Article from Early Previews, you also missed out car trunks (Used in one mission) and Climbing Telephone Poles (Which I guess is nearly there, I mean, hey, at least we can climb ladders now!). As for interiors, the game has A LOT of interiors, excluding all the ones used in missions and the obvious ones, around 1/2 are used in the story. A lot of apartment complexes and warehouses are available, not much to do in them, but they are there and scattered around the city.
Ash_735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #18
leelee862

leelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enough
Yeah I've come across a few interiors that are unrelated to the main storyline. It would just be cool if we actually had something to do once we're in the buildings. Doesn't need to be anything particularly big. A games console in somebodies apartment to play on something. Just, anything would do. It'd make the climb up a flight of stairs worthwhile, especially in the projects.

I have no doubt that Rockstar will take some peoples comments on board. I mean, they haven't really disappointed us in the past. Maybe, they already know what they're doing. Maybe, they have a plan. At the end of the day it's all about making money, and Rockstar know what they're doing when it comes to that. Maybe we will have that thriving, depth-filled city we all long for in say, a year or so. Maybe they're just making us wait. Who knows. I'd like to think that we'll have the game we're all after at some point. If it means that we must fill Rockstars pockets in order to get that then so fucking be it. If you've got the money then why not, I say? It's a bit crafty on Rockstars part though mind. As I said, I don't doubt Rockstar. I just wish I knew what they were doing.

As for the physics, I think I'm pretty much used to them now. It's still aggrivating though, when you've got the tiniest bit of health remaining, you're on your way to get it up, and you get tapped by a passing car and you fly 20 feet across the road and die. I mean, if that happened in real life, you'd question it. Well... you wouldn't because... you'd be dead. But you get my point!

Last edited by leelee862; 12-27-2008 at 05:41 PM..
leelee862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #19
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
well as you know rockstar is adding some DLC to GTA4, so maybe they plan to use those empty interiors for new missions. Just a thought

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #20
leelee862

leelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite View Post
well as you know rockstar is adding some DLC to GTA4, so maybe they plan to use those empty interiors for new missions. Just a thought
Yep, most likely. Just so you know though, I wasn't only referring to the currently unused interiors. I was referring to all the interiors in the game. It would be good to have an incentive, besides curiosity and the urge to climb up to the roof and sniper some people, to go back after a mission takes place there and hang about for a bit. Once you're in there, you're just...in there. There's nothing to do. It's kinda pointless allowing us to enter the building after the mission really.

The only interior I ever find myself going in is the one next door to Playboy X's penthouse. The one he jumps across over to when you go to take him out. I often take that route down to the street. And that's only when I save at the penthouse, which I rarely do.

Last edited by leelee862; 12-26-2008 at 07:42 PM..
Old 12-27-2008   #21
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Payne 2k8 View Post
You're right. Liberty City has so much opportunity to it, and it could be much funner. They have really only scratched the surface of it.
Well, seeing as how we will see 3 more titles being set in the GTA IV rendition of Liberty City, possibly more, it sure has lots of opportunity - The Lost and Damned, Chinatown Wars, DLC 2...
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008   #22
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
There is something else that is missing on PC version,that feature,that we are able to put some waypoints or something like that on the map,put image and some informations on the selected waypoint,so we can manage them and find our interested thing in the game...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the bad english
Old 12-27-2008   #23
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
its okay, we could understand it, and yeah. R* did say you could have more than 1 waypoint.
Thomas B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008   #24
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Most of the things stated were said by Magazine Article from Early Previews, you also missed out car trunks (Used in one mission) and Climbing Telephone Poles (Which I guess is nearly there, I mean, hey, at least we can climb ladders now!). As for interiors, the game has A LOT of interiors, excluding all the ones used in missions and the obvious ones, around 1/2 are used in the story. A lot of apartment complexes and warehouses are available, not much to do in them, but they are there and scattered around the city.

I don't know if anybody else noticed this but you are able to access rooftops for enter-able buildings which you use for missions. For example, there was that mission where you follow a drug dealer to this crib and you shoot it up. The actual crib is on a high floor too. You can then access the roof. I believe that Rockstar made the rooftop accessible because it would be easy to escape from the building through the fire escape on the side of the building.

A lot of these features mentioned by magazines were going to be put in. You can find remains of them in the game. For some unknown reasons, Rockstar took many of them out, or simply failed to deliver the goods they promised.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008   #25
Jon P
Free your mind up

Jon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud of
GTA IV's Missing Features

basically he means the fun factor
Old 12-27-2008   #26
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
Max Payne 2k8 : Yeah and we can give them pictures and informations to manage them better than before...
Old 12-28-2008   #27
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Thank you Ash, there were some elements that were promised that never made it into the final release. In retrospect, they are not really that important when you consider the overall gaming experinence that R* was trying to achieve while servicing both platforms. As a whole, the story is great and I still enjoy playing around in Liberty City. In my opinion, R* is(was) trying to make movies that we can play. Movies that are along the lines of brilliant releases as The Ususal Suspects, Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, etc. If that is their goal, then I'm in. The story for IV was and still is more than we as gamers have ever had the privelege of playing.True fans of GTA know that we need to be patient to get what we truly expect.
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #28
leelee862

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRussell89 View Post
True fans of GTA know that we need to be patient to get what we truly expect.
Exactly

Right now the game is pretty empty, COMPARED to what it can be. But as a true GTA fan I know Rockstar won't hold out on us. They know what they're doing. They're just making us wait, build up anticipation and all that. They're just going to make what they can while they can and I for one have no problem with that. It's a little crafty, but hey, so long as we get the game we're all after in the end, who gives a shite?

Last edited by leelee862; 12-28-2008 at 07:49 AM..
Old 12-28-2008   #29
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by leelee862 View Post
Exactly

Right now the game is pretty empty, COMPARED to what it can be. But as a true GTA fan I know Rockstar won't hold out on us. They know what they're doing. They're just making us wait, build up anticipation and all that. They're just going to make what they can while they can and I for one have no problem with that. It's a little crafty, but hey, so long as we get the game we're all after in the end, who gives a shite?
Yes, I agree too.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #30
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin View Post
They're entirely the same apart from the PC version being 3x bigger, looking identical and running much worse on hardware that's far better than the 360 and PS3.
how is the pc version 3 times bigger is little italy the size of northwood or what explain
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote