Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2008   #1
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
GTA IV's Missing Features

While I'm thinking about it, whatever happened to all of those features to GTA IV that Rockstar said would be in the game, but didn't show up. Rockstar said that almost every building would be accessible, with back rooms for employees and things. The only interior I can think of with a "back room" is the laundry place. Rockstar also said that you could do more than one mission at a time. It might be possible, but I don't think anyone has ever checked. They also said that you can hang onto the back of large trucks, which only appeared in one mission. It seems like all the fun stuff they said would be in the game never made it.
Thomas B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #2
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
it was a rushed game port to the PC, I think Rockstar wanted it out before christmas is why they didn't have time to add all of that.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #3
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

Thomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of lightThomas B. is a glorious beacon of light
I'm talking about the console versions.
Old 12-26-2008   #4
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
They were too busy on those boring TV shows and internet sites.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #5
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Oh console sorry, I'm not sure about that because I only played the PC version.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #6
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
They're entirely the same apart from the PC version being 3x bigger, looking identical and running much worse on hardware that's far better than the 360 and PS3.
Old 12-26-2008   #7
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty much summed it all up in that post Olin.

Graphics or not, your going to sell a kidney to even play it on PC.
Old 12-26-2008   #8
Patrucci

Patrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud of
I thought it was due to the fact DVD's couldn't hold as much as Blu-Ray disks could, so they scrapped the material to fit on the 360 ?
________
Volcano Classic

Last edited by Patrucci; 02-25-2011 at 09:15 PM..
Patrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #9
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Not really, wouldn't be the first time a game used 2 DVDs before.

I doubt they would kill the gaming potential for all platforms because of a single console.
Old 12-26-2008   #10
Thundercracker

The 360 version is just under 7GB (it's 6.8 GB when ripped to the 360 hard drive). The PS3 version, I don't know. I believe it's a bit larger. Definitely no larger than 18 GB (using the PC port as a maximum estimate), and that's probably partially due to the cache data that's installed on your PS3 when the game is first launched. I don't really know.

The material used to add features mentioned in the first post would never exceed a few hundred more megabytes.
Old 12-26-2008   #11
Brotha
Rockstar-ish

Brotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the rough
Many of the features that you described didn't come from Rockstar, they came from stupid journalists making stupid assumptions. These stupid assumptions were later read by stupid fans who...I'll stop.
Brotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #12
Thundercracker

If I recall correctly, some of the features were confirmed. At the very least, Rockstar North was considering them.

Still, they could have added many more things to the game with little to no concern about running out of space. Considering many features wouldn't need new textures or sounds.
Old 12-26-2008   #13
leelee862

leelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enough
I won't go into detail because I'd be here all night. I'll just say that the game has a lot of potential and Rockstar need to pull their fingers out of their asses and add some more depth to this huge yet empty city.

Infact I can't just leave it at that. Rockstar, what happened? Why did you take the fun factor out of the game and replace it with, enjoyable, but, I don't want to say boring, but boring and sometimes extremely infuriating realism? Why, oh why was this game so..bleh?! Surely having fun is realistic?! The only thing that saves the game really is the storyline.

Don't get me wrong though, I still love it . Just, pull your fingers out and make it a bit more fun for Christ's sake.

Last edited by leelee862; 12-26-2008 at 06:01 PM..
leelee862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #14
Thomas B.
Streets ahead

You're right. Liberty City has so much opportunity to it, and it could be much funner. They have really only scratched the surface of it.
Old 12-26-2008   #15
GamerX5500

GamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished road
Referring back to the PC version, they even had to delay it two weeks. Who knows — maybe they needed to finish it, or try to fix some problems, knowing it's going to be a shitty port. Or maybe they couldn't get it shipped out in time. It's probably out there if you Google it.
GamerX5500 is offline   Reply With Quote