Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2008   #16
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Just because it plays well for you doesn't mean anything to the majority of people having issues. It's a terrible port.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #17
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
This review was partially written out of anger, and partially to provoke a discussion. Seems he did it. I think it is a lazy PC port, but it's a superb game. I've played it on less than minimum specs and it's still awesome. Unfortunately, that doesn't help people who can't run it at all. I hope they'll fix it. This was the last GTA I bought on release day, it's a hell of a risk this way.
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #18
komalr

komalr is an unknown quantity at this point
My take...

Ok, so I can't play GTA III on my Xbox 360. I will give it 0% rating. Tell you why I can't play "Region code" and i'm out of money to buy another region-coded Xbox 360. For me to give it a proper review I should buy a new console don't you think. Same for Metal Gear Solid and any other best games you can think of .
komalr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #19
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
This is a review, it's not like someone stabbed your entire family to death and you have to take vendetta.

Each person has his own opinion. Me/Olin/10% Guy for example
Old 12-29-2008   #20
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
As Olin said, you guys who are defending the game, well, err, good that it works all fine and dandy for you but for the majority of people this game is a terrible port and it's like the game can't decide if it wants to work or not on most computers even if they pass the reccommended stats. So please leave all the "OH HE CAN'T PLAY IT MUST HAVE A SHITTY COMPUTER" comments at the door.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #21
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
As Olin said, you guys who are defending the game, well, err, good that it works all fine and dandy for you but for the majority of people this game is a terrible port and it's like the game can't decide if it wants to work or not on most computers even if they pass the reccommended stats. So please leave all the "OH HE CAN'T PLAY IT MUST HAVE A SHITTY COMPUTER" comments at the door.
Right now we don't even know the situation. It might be "majority of the people" but all it is is just people ranting on message boards... nobody knows the exact numbers, since there are still lots of people on Multiplayer, Social Club TV, etc.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #22
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Multiplayer - Whenever I tried on PC, rarely anyone was playing, either that or I'm used to the console versions which is brimming with players.
Social Club - It still registers if you've just played the game once.

Also, no need to fight about it, come on Mister, Why doesn't the game work, or work really badly for most people? You're sitting with Rockstar trying to claim it's a minority problem but every website I've been to has always complained about the specs and how shitty the game runs on computer, including message boards and well known gaming websites (Not including big name review websites which I'm certain just get paid to say it works).

I'm happy the game works for you, but for me and many others, it's crap, I'm sick of tweaking everytime it decides it doesn't want to work properly so for now, it will remain uninstalled.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #23
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
I feel sorry for you ash I wish I could help
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #24
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Multiplayer - Whenever I tried on PC, rarely anyone was playing, either that or I'm used to the console versions which is brimming with players.

Also, no need to fight about it, come on Mister, Why doesn't the game work, or work really badly for most people? You're sitting with Rockstar trying to claim it's a minority problem but every website I've been to has always complained about the specs and how shitty the game runs on computer, including message boards and well known gaming websites (Not including big name review websites which I'm certain just get paid to say it works).

I'm happy the game works for you, but for me and many others, it's crap, I'm sick of tweaking everytime it decides it doesn't want to work properly so for now, it will remain uninstalled.
Should keep it installed and download SparkIV, just to explore the textures and stuff. You may come across other condoms like in my avatar
Old 12-30-2008   #25
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

I'm not saying that there are no problems, but from what I see, it's not definite. I look at here and GTAForums, and see many people complaining about the problems. I look t Rockstar, and see them deny the problems in one way or another. Then I go to Multiplayer, there are tons of people playing with absolutely no problems (I've spoke to them). So what should I believe? From what I see it's neither a majority or minority having such problems, just a chunk of players, probably half of the people who bought it, give and take. Still doesn't warrant a 10% review score.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #26
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Half of the people who bought the game is still a very large number.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008   #27
komalr

komalr is an unknown quantity at this point
It's like this you do't want me reviewing Gears of wars series, GTA Series and every other games that you think is a hit without having a proper system to support them. Do you??
komalr is offline   Reply With Quote