Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2008   #1
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Game Over Online Gave GTA4 On PC 10% in Review

http://www.game-over.com/reviews/pc/...t_Auto_IV.html

most of the reviews are between 70 - 100, but this one is 10% wow I wouldn't rate it that bad.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008   #2
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
thanks man. that is one of the lowest rates i thought the game would get. I am shocked

I thought it would get aleast 50% or even 55% but not just 10%
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008   #3
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe they couldn't play the game? If I couldn't play the game I wouldn't rate it high either, I mean, you have to be honest right, the game runs like complete and utter shit and it's a gamble if it will work or not on your setup yet all the other reviews just glossed over that and kept sucking Rockstars Dick, I'm glad at least one review took notice of how horrible a port it actually is and gave it a score what it's really worth until Rockstar fix it.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008   #4
imamac
Banned
Banned

imamac is an unknown quantity at this point
Once they get the bugs fixed, they should redo that review.
imamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008   #5
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
Hilariously written review, I loved it
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008   #6
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Lmao: The good, the bad, the ugly

Awesome movie. Sadly i agree with <50% of the article
Old 12-24-2008   #7
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
My brother has a gaming PC that cost him about 2500 euros and it meets the specs but it rarely starts and when it does start it will work for about 5 minutes and then it will just freeze. Can't really give a game an average rating if doesn't even work for you. Good to see reviewers aren't afraid to give bad ratings nowadays.

Last edited by The Shy Child.; 12-24-2008 at 12:58 PM..
The Shy Child. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008   #8
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Most cases some gaming companies actually threaten reviewers if they give bad ratings.
Old 12-24-2008   #9
The Shy Child.

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
Most cases some gaming companies actually threaten reviewers if they give bad ratings.
Seriously?, what exaclty can the gaming companies do to the reviewers?.
Old 12-24-2008   #10
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
"Laziest console port ever"

What a ridiculous blanket statement to throw around, especially at a game which has vastly improved visuals and an entire new movie mode on PC. They should try Metal Gear Solid 2 for PC, then they'll see what a lazy port is.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008   #11
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

The first one that comes to my mind is a Gamespot employee being fired for a review of Kane & Lynch i think. He gave the game too much negative reputation.

A google search will yield alot more info, but i know i've seen this at least 3 separate times
Old 12-24-2008   #12
The Shy Child.

He did say he will review it properly once he can get it working. My brother still can't get it working and he has done all he can, he has checked his drivers, got the patch, checked the specs, update everything. It still doesn't work for him and he is running vista. There isn't really much else he can do to get it working except put it in a drawer until Rockstar fix this problem.
Old 12-24-2008   #13
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shy Child. View Post
Seriously?, what exaclty can the gaming companies do to the reviewers?.
i'm guessin not give them free games to review
Old 12-24-2008   #14
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillb View Post
i'm guessin not give them free games to review
I don't think that will hurt them, they will probably buy the game if they have to just to review it. The review will just be posted later than others is all.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008   #15
geoffreyfleming

geoffreyfleming is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
"Laziest console port ever"

What a ridiculous blanket statement to throw around, especially at a game which has vastly improved visuals and an entire new movie mode on PC. They should try Metal Gear Solid 2 for PC, then they'll see what a lazy port is.
Or the original unpatched Resident Evil 4 port that Ubisoft did.

Oh wow a world reknowned publication like Game Over Online Magazine gave this game 10% in a review.

Why do we care what they have to say. The site looks like crap it just looks like someones lame video game blog.
geoffreyfleming is offline   Reply With Quote