Old 01-15-2009   #46
buxna
Newbie Member

buxna is an unknown quantity at this point
Can someone please upload their "timecyc.dat" file?
buxna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #47
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by buxna View Post
Can someone please upload their "timecyc.dat" file?
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GB2ODQL9

here you go

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #48
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
I would also like to know why my game crashes every 5 or so minutes, making game play utterly impossible. No error code, it just stops working.
DiscoBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009   #49
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
what was the last thing you did before they started crashing Husky? or has it been like that since your new computer build

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Old 01-15-2009   #50
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite View Post
what was the last thing you did before they started crashing Husky? or has it been like that since your new computer build
My old computer didn't come close to the minimum requirements, I only purchased IV after I rebuilt it. I'm not doing anything in particular, maybe rotating the camera around or hitting a bump or something of that nature. Combined with the water issue I'm getting (see earlier posts) and the overall shittiness of the port, it seems like a waste of 49.99USD.
Old 01-15-2009   #51
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky View Post
My old computer didn't come close to the minimum requirements, I only purchased IV after I rebuilt it. I'm not doing anything in particular, maybe rotating the camera around or hitting a bump or something of that nature. Combined with the water issue I'm getting (see earlier posts) and the overall shittiness of the port, it seems like a waste of 49.99USD.
Have you tried playing with and without the GTA4 patch? I don't use the patch on mine cause I heard it made the game worse

Old 01-15-2009   #52
DiscoBombs

Quote:
Have you tried playing with and without the GTA4 patch? I don't use the patch on mine cause I heard it made the game worse
Without the patch I get a lot of framerate issues when rotating the camera, the game still crashes and the water is still buggy. I've also reinstalled the game twice and made sure all my drivers are up to date and that no external programs are interfering.

**Interesting Development
I auto configured my settings then tweaked them (increased the render quality to highest), everything looks exactly the same because of the resolution and what my settings were before, but I played through an entire mission without a single crash! Water still looks like ass though.

Last edited by Husky; 01-15-2009 at 08:32 PM..
Old 01-15-2009   #53
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Glad you got the crash fixed somewhat, I'm not sure about the water issue your having, I run the game at lowest detail because of my specs and this is how it looks for me.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...6dbe28b940.png

Old 01-15-2009   #54
DiscoBombs

Quote:
Glad you got the crash fixed somewhat, I'm not sure about the water issue your having, I run the game at lowest detail because of my specs and this is how it looks for me.

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screensh...6dbe28b940.png
For me the water is entirely missing the surface map, it's flat and shiny like liquid glass, and the city's reflection swirls wildly in it. Also the crashing was only mitigated somewhat, guess I'll just wait till Rockstar releases another patch.
Old 01-15-2009   #55
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

look here Husky, think I found a solution to your water issue.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=555

Old 01-16-2009   #56
DiscoBombs

Issue is certainly solved! Although the odd thing is mine was at 3 already, I had to set it to 4. I'm going to play around with it for a while.

Update
This is downright unusual: I set the pre-rendered frames to 4 and my water issue was resolved, but the game ran like a pile of ass! So on a whim I turned them down to 0, but the water remains fine and I got a framerate boost! Game still crashes every 10-20 minutes though.

Last edited by Husky; 01-16-2009 at 10:26 AM..
Old 01-16-2009   #57
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

awesome that does look so much better, your welcome

wish I could help on the crash issue that could be related to all kinds of stuff good luck on that

Old 01-16-2009   #58
DiscoBombs

I got into the windows error log and found it's an issue with OpenGL, the only fix I found was to reboot into safe mode, uninstall my graphics driver, reboot again into safe mode, reinstall it, and then boot into windows normally. This worked for a whopping 10 minutes and my game crashed again with the same error code.
Old 01-17-2009   #59
SWATsqad

SWATsqad is on a distinguished roadSWATsqad is on a distinguished road
sorry guys, i'm a little busy with my own problems (windows 7, save game issues, rc ati driver tweaking...). I'll get into your problems tomorrow morning(gmt+2).
SWATsqad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009   #60
navin00
Newbie Member

navin00 is an unknown quantity at this point
camera angle

i have modded a vehicle but after modding the vehicle the ride height of the vehicle is too low and i cant see the front road clearly like other non modded cars or default car please help...?
navin00 is offline   Reply With Quote