Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > Troubleshooting & Technology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2009   #31
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
People stopped playing when it wasn't working properly I might re-install it later though, computers gone through a couple of updates and method changes and other games have improved quite a lot framerate wise, so by my calculations, maybe GTA4 will gain +1fps
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009   #32
SWATsqad

SWATsqad is on a distinguished roadSWATsqad is on a distinguished road
>.< well.. true xD
SWATsqad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #33
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
I'm having an issue with the water, I currently have no screenshots and cant be arsed to get some, but suffice it to say the water lacks a texture and resembles a pulsing mass of glass with a reflection of the city in it.
DiscoBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009   #34
SWATsqad

wow. that sounds like fun
srsly tho, post the screenie and your specs + vga drivers. or else what the fuck can i say...
Old 01-08-2009   #35
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
Alright then, benchmark information and screenshot follow:

Average FPS: 39.33
Duration: 37.28 sec
CPU Usage: 71%
System memory usage: 83%
Video memory usage: 85%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1280 x 1024 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: High
Render Quality: Very High
View Distance: 50
Detail Distance: 100

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Ultimate
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 (1 GB OC)
Video Driver version: 178.24
Audio Adapter: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

Just updated to the latest nVidia drivers (181.20) and the problem has not been resolved, any ideas appreciated!

Last edited by Husky; 01-08-2009 at 03:20 PM..
Old 01-08-2009   #36
SWATsqad

oh my, have you tried reinstalling? are you using the original, cracked or w/e version? strange, are you having any other texture problem? like "z buffer" texture flickering or shit?
Old 01-09-2009   #37
DiscoBombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWATsqad View Post
oh my, have you tried reinstalling? are you using the original, cracked or w/e version? strange, are you having any other texture problem? like "z buffer" texture flickering or shit?
Hmm haven't reinstalled and I'd rather not think about reinstalling 18GB worth of data. I'm playing a legally purchased version with the patch. No other problems except the shitty dithered looking shadows and filters.
Old 01-09-2009   #38
SWATsqad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky View Post
Hmm haven't reinstalled and I'd rather not think about reinstalling 18GB worth of data. I'm playing a legally purchased version with the patch. No other problems except the shitty dithered looking shadows and filters.

well it takes me ~2minutes to reinstall the whole thing : P but w/e, seems like a driver related bug, do you have any custom settings set via the nvidia control panel?
Old 01-09-2009   #39
DiscoBombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWATsqad View Post
well it takes me ~2minutes to reinstall the whole thing : P but w/e, seems like a driver related bug, do you have any custom settings set via the nvidia control panel?
Absolutely none, I find the thing useless unless I'm dealing with old games that lack AF and AA.
Old 01-10-2009   #40
SWATsqad

so i guess the only solution would be to rollback your gpu drivers... 1 by 1 and see if the thing gets fixed, then notify nvidia about it
Old 01-10-2009   #41
DiscoBombs

I'm also having an issue with glass surfaces (I experience it in seemingly all modern games) like on the hotdog cart across from your first safehouse, they appear dithered, as do the shadows and it looks like ass (although the shadow dithering was present in the console versions as well).

I have also reinstalled my game and am still having issues with the water, Rockstar and/or nVidia need to get on this.

Last edited by Husky; 01-10-2009 at 11:49 AM..
Old 01-10-2009   #42
SWATsqad

oooh, that shit that makes textured surfaces look like full of bullet holes? i have that too, but not only on glass thingies, but every distant (+50meters) object. never thought of it as a problem, thou its very annoying... let me get on this issue. do you have skype? i would like to get some more specs of your pc.
Old 01-10-2009   #43
DiscoBombs

Don't have skype but I can copypasta what I posted in the PC specs thread.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.44gHz
Motherboard: MSI P45 Neo-2
Memory: Corsair DDR2-800 4GB (2x 2GB)
GPU: BFG Tech/nVidia GTX 280 OC1 (1 GB)
Hard Disks: 320GB + 200GB 3.0gbps SATA, 2x 250GB IDE (All by Western Digital)
Optical Drive: Some SATA reader/writer
PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer Series 850 watt @ 60 amps
Old 01-12-2009   #44
SWATsqad

did you try rollbacking to older 280gtx drivers?
Old 01-14-2009   #45
karimbomba
Newbie Member

karimbomba is on a distinguished roadkarimbomba is on a distinguished road
i have this probleme
while going to do "payback " mission when i go to take the mission it's cool
but when i reach the destination the loading freezes , tried waiting but no :S
anyhelp ?

and smthng else
my pc specs are
core 2 quad Q6600 2.4ghz
4gb ram
Geforce 8600GTS 256
and the graphics run very low :S
is there a way i can increase the graphics ?

Last edited by karimbomba; 01-15-2009 at 03:00 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
karimbomba is offline   Reply With Quote