Old 12-28-2008   #16
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
I used to have a problem with Achievements, but that is solved, I think, and glitchy LIVE interface (friends not showing up, sending messages take a long time), and freezing/texture re-pop-in and pop-in issues. But other than that all is fine.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #17
SWATsqad

SWATsqad is on a distinguished roadSWATsqad is on a distinguished road
okay guys, i'm still here ^^, so:

Ash_735: try recalibrating your controller, adding some third party deadzone. or if it helps go to your control panel, game controllers, and search your registry for the name your controller that appears in the control panel, then change all of the found values (until the name in the control panel changes(reconnect!)) to XNA Gamepad. this will make gta iv think its a 360 controller.

Lao Boy: post your specs.

behzad_sol: post your specs and the controller you are using, try doing the thing i suggested to ash_735

GamerX5500: what the hell are you talking about?

Vortigern: dude... i need your specs (os, cpu, gpu, ram, hdd, psu) the more info the better! i suspect you have ~2gb 800mhz cl5-6 ram modules? ram has a big impact on performance in gta iv, i suggest getting 800mhz cl4 or 1066 cl5 (dominator).

DY: YES! there is a fix, 10grams of weed.

Slim Trashman: how is your camera spining? (t.i. fast, slow, wobblishly). i too cant stand the kb+mouse in gta iv :/ .

Nite: good question+answer. but srsly, get better ram. (better ram = less framerate drops + you will be cool).

}{oT~dEv1L 666: well... xlive is bullshit. i mean.. on the pc, i almost finished the game, and i still havent got the "off the boat" achievement seriously.. pop ups are temp. wait for better gpu drivers, patches. even with my war machine pc, i get a shitload of popuping, and cant even max out the view distance.

okay, not a lot of help, but i need more info from you guys, and try to reply asap =]
SWATsqad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #18
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWATsqad View Post
Ash_735: try recalibrating your controller, adding some third party deadzone. or if it helps go to your control panel, game controllers, and search your registry for the name your controller that appears in the control panel, then change all of the found values (until the name in the control panel changes(reconnect!)) to XNA Gamepad. this will make gta iv think its a 360 controller.
But surely if I mess with the controller anymore then it will not work in other games. NOTHING is wrong with the controller, it works in other games just not GTA IV. What you just mentioned about changing it to XNA Pad was one of the unofficial fixes the first time round that has been royally fucked up by Rockstar with the patch. Anyway it doesn't matter, I uninstalled GTA IV a few days ago, not installing it again until the next patch, if I want to play GTA IV I'll stick to the console version.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008   #19
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
SWATsqad : My Specs is:4GB RAM,500GB HDD,512MB Graphics(Nvidia 8600 GT),CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+

About Calibrating,I did this,but still same problem,tried with 3 other controllers(PS3,XBOX,PS2),reinstalled patched,didn't solve
Old 12-29-2008   #20
Jose
Custom User Title

Jose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura aboutJose has a spectacular aura about
Isn't the WHOLE forum exactly for this: posting your problems?
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #21
SWATsqad

Ash_735: well, i don't know, i never had any problems with my x360 pad, but adding 3rd party dead zones would not mess up your controller anyway, good choice ^^.

behzad_sol: well this is clearly a rock*'s problem... idk, are you sure you applied 3rd party deadzones to your analogs (atleast 4-7%)?

Jose: yes, indeed. but this is the only thread i might help you. and its a lot easier to just post your problems in one place
Old 12-30-2008   #22
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
SWATsqad: I calibrated my controller but it's same
Old 12-30-2008   #23
SWATsqad

okay, then wait for a patch or something. i sure hope those fucking developers @ rock* will come to their mind.
Old 12-30-2008   #24
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Just had to come back and restate my controller problems.

So I'm able to get GTA IV to detect my Sixaxis, I can use the analogs for movement and stuff, still get the low angle stuck camera issue, but the big thing I forgot to mention before:

NONE OF THE BUTTONS ARE MAPPED PROPERLY, AND YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO DO THIS FOR CONTROLLERS IN GTA IV, ONLY KEYBOARD/MOUSE. A MATTER OF FACT, I'VE ONLY GOTTEN LIKE 2 BUTTONS TO WORK. A "TRIANGLE" EQUIVALENT, AND AN "X" EQUIVALENT". NO IDEA WHAT THEY WERE THOUGH. I THINK IT ACTUALLY CHANGED ON ME.

Apologize for the caps, I just had to make the problem very clear.

I hate how the game assumes you're using a 360 controller still. I really don't want to have to buy a 360 controller just to play this game comfortably on PC.

It's way too confusing to have to do all this unplugging and restarting and uninstalling drivers, ETC, to make a controller work... no one should ever work this closely with Microsoft, everything becomes optimized for their products.

However, again, this is my only problem with the game.
Old 12-31-2008   #25
SWATsqad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
Just had to come back and restate my controller problems.

So I'm able to get GTA IV to detect my Sixaxis, I can use the analogs for movement and stuff, still get the low angle stuck camera issue, but the big thing I forgot to mention before:

NONE OF THE BUTTONS ARE MAPPED PROPERLY, AND YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO DO THIS FOR CONTROLLERS IN GTA IV, ONLY KEYBOARD/MOUSE. A MATTER OF FACT, I'VE ONLY GOTTEN LIKE 2 BUTTONS TO WORK. A "TRIANGLE" EQUIVALENT, AND AN "X" EQUIVALENT". NO IDEA WHAT THEY WERE THOUGH. I THINK IT ACTUALLY CHANGED ON ME.

Apologize for the caps<...>
well then, this is a little bit more complicated.... hmm, ever tried Pinnacle Game Profiler? i assume you could map the other buttons to behave like x360 ones or some kind of shit... like B=O, A=X... idk, give it a try, although I'm not sure what the values are for those buttons and... damn this means some registry editing too... well, you could wait for a patch : P and pray to alah that this would get fixed.

P.S. with my pc, who scored more than 20k in 3dmark06, gta iv runs like crap. i get 40fps but every 3-4 seconds I'm experiencing framerate drops to 4-5fps, how frustrating is that?

so going off topic a little: are there any persons with a q9400-9450, hd4870 1gb and the best ddr2 memory(dominator 1ghz cl5)? please post your benchmark results, maybe i screwed up with voltages >.< although i did not overclock anything...
__________________________________________________ ____
Statistics
Average FPS: 43.10 (yeah right... it says 43 fps, but dear god... it shutters like utter shit)
Duration: 37.36 sec
CPU Usage: 58%
System memory usage: 59%
Video memory usage: 81%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1680 x 1050 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: High
Render Quality: Highest
View Distance: 40
Detail Distance: 70

Hardware
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 3 (gigabyte p43 express, ddr2 corsair dominator 1066 5-5-5-15)
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (hd 4870 1gb)
Video Driver version: 6.14.10.6891
Audio Adapter: Realtek HD Audio output
Intel Pentium III Xeon processor (what the fuck?) cpu actually is a q9400 @ stock.
__________________________________________________ ____
Old 12-31-2008   #26
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWATsqad View Post
well then, this is a little bit more complicated.... hmm, ever tried Pinnacle Game Profiler? i assume you could map the other buttons to behave like x360 ones or some kind of shit... like B=O, A=X... idk, give it a try, although I'm not sure what the values are for those buttons and... damn this means some registry editing too... well, you could wait for a patch : P and pray to alah that this would get fixed.
Started fooling around with one of them (maybe it was Pinnacle?) the other day, and I just got way too confused

HOPEFULLY a patch that will hopefully be released soon will further help these issues. Probably going to borrow a 360 controller from a friend though.
Old 12-31-2008   #27
SWATsqad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
Started fooling around with one of them (maybe it was Pinnacle?) the other day, and I just got way too confused

HOPEFULLY a patch that will hopefully be released soon will further help these issues. Probably going to borrow a 360 controller from a friend though.
OR you could just buy a logitech chillstream! i have that one too : ) same shit, only with air flow through my hands xD witch is very important to me, since i hate sweaty hands : P the logitech chillstream for the pc is recognized as a x360 gamepad in all games. plus im a logitech fanboy ^^
Old 12-31-2008   #28
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

I actually have an old Nyko Airflo from like 2004, eh, might try it...
Old 01-01-2009   #29
SWATsqad

lol, so thats 5 years ago/ : D
Old 01-06-2009   #30
SWATsqad

so. no more problems? : D