Old 12-21-2008   #1
SWATsqad

SWATsqad is on a distinguished roadSWATsqad is on a distinguished road
post your gta iv problems here!

hey guys, I've been having a lot of problems with gta iv, and managed to fix them on my own, so I decided to help you out (if i can). so post your problems one at a time. (other ppls advices to a solution is more than welcome ^^ )
SWATsqad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #2
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Controller Problem: When the game starts, the camera is constantlt tilted up. Rockstar fix doesn't work for me, the patch messed up the perfectly fine working Hack, currently have to leave controller plugged out as GTA4 doesn't have the option to play with Mouse + Keyboard or Controller, you know, like Previous GTA games had, and even BULLY for crying out loud!
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #3
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
The problem I'm having is, my computer can't run it at a decent frame rate. Considering my hardware though, it's putting up a good fight. When I get a new graphics card in the January sales everything should be fine.

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #4
SWATsqad

SWATsqad is on a distinguished roadSWATsqad is on a distinguished road
Ash_735, did you try to calibrate your controller? what do you mean, "perfectly fine working Hack" ? what controller are you using?
____
mouldy, post your specs, and include your ram latencies and frequency.
SWATsqad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #5
Uncle Fu
Newbie Member

Uncle Fu is an unknown quantity at this point
My current beef is this: The game won't launch. I installed the game for the first time yesterday and after too much fatal tinkering with adding mods I decided to reinstall it. After that, the game didn't start right up, but with several attempts I managed to get it running. Played it, with the occasional graphic dump and the distorted textures.

But minor bugs or low graphics are nothing compared to the present problem. Today the game refuses to start at all. I repaired the game from the setup file in the DVD. And there are no mods running. I tried turning off my Anti-virus program, although that shouldn't be the issue, as the game did function yesterday. All I get when launching the game is the black Dos-prompt screen as the Securom is verifying the DVD. The screen lingers on for five seconds and then nothing happens. No error messages, I just remain on the desktop.

The essentials of my system:

Vista 32-bit with Service Pack 1
AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile M-70, 2.00 GHz
3.00 GB of RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3450

Somewhere it was reported that ATI's graphic cards had trouble with GTA4 whereas NVidia's ones were free of woes. Still, it used to start but not anymore. I reckon a few other people have experienced a similar problem. Has anyone found out how to resolve this mess?

Edit: Solution found.

Now that I once again reinstalled the game, it works in a fine manner. The graphics are not pleasing, but at least the game is performing now.

Last edited by Uncle Fu; 12-28-2008 at 10:47 AM..
Uncle Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #6
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWATsqad View Post
Ash_735, did you try to calibrate your controller? what do you mean, "perfectly fine working Hack" ? what controller are you using?
____
mouldy, post your specs, and include your ram latencies and frequency.
My controller works perfectly fine with EVERYTHING ELSE so yeah I'm kinda ssuming GTA IV is the one that's messing up here. Also, before the patch was released, there was a hack out that tricked the game into thinking any normal pad was a 360 controller and that worked great, no problems. Since the patch, the hack no longer works and even though the game now accepts normal controllers, it just has that error of swirving the camera up into the air. I'm using a PS2-to-USB controller, which like I said, works with everything else, even GTA III to San Andreas and even BULLY!
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #7
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
My controller works perfectly fine with EVERYTHING ELSE so yeah I'm kinda ssuming GTA IV is the one that's messing up here. Also, before the patch was released, there was a hack out that tricked the game into thinking any normal pad was a 360 controller and that worked great, no problems. Since the patch, the hack no longer works and even though the game now accepts normal controllers, it just has that error of swirving the camera up into the air. I'm using a PS2-to-USB controller, which like I said, works with everything else, even GTA III to San Andreas and even BULLY!
Odd, my ps2-to-USB controller works just fine...

Anywho, my only gripe is pop in textures even when super close and super bad framerates in specific areas.

[img][/img]

click me
Lao Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #8
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
My problem is with camera,when my controller is plugged in then I run the game,immediately the camera goes down and when I try to change the direction of it,it will go down again but when it's not plugged,there is no problem
Old 12-28-2008   #9
GamerX5500

GamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished road
WS10 Error. To solve it, re-install the patch (v1.0.1.0).
GamerX5500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #10
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
Are you sure it would help me?
Old 12-28-2008   #11
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
Performance drops, often after saving/watching cutscene, resulting in a horrible lag.
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #12
Jon P
Free your mind up

Jon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud of
In my copy, Niko is a very boring character is there a patch to fix that?
Old 12-28-2008   #13
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Only problem is with my controller. Tried using the "hack" to use a PS3 controller on a PC, but only wound up getting the spinning camera thing. Tried unplugging it and restarting the computer, problem still stood. Then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, no luck. Haven't really put a lot of effort into trying to fix it, but eh. I'd rather not have to go out and buy a 360 controller just to make it work. I really have not been able to enjoy the game yet-- I cannot drive with a mouse and keyboard, hell I really don't even like using a mouse and keyboard for on foot controls. GTA III and Vice City on PC were GREAT for on foot with mouse and keyboard, SA and IV not so much.
Old 12-28-2008   #14
GamerX5500

GamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished roadGamerX5500 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DY View Post
In my copy, Niko is a very boring character is there a patch to fix that?
LMAO! I'm afraid not. Well, some mods should be coming out soon! =O
GamerX5500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008   #15
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
I don't really have any problems with the game running, but once I'm in game I get texture flashes sometimes in certain locations. the game also has a memory leak and that causes major stuttering, nothing I can do.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote