Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2008   #1
The Commander

The Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Give Me Your Money, lol

Browsing the GTA websites I came across this.

http://www.thegtaplace.com/news/2080...-your-support/

I don't know about you, but I really don't like people asking for money to buy a new computer just to play and mod GTA IV...
I remeber the same thing happend with a guy on YouTube who went by the name of Cloud something and that ended up in flames.

Its fine if he has a donation link or what ever, but trying to scream it out loud about it is what I don't like...

Maybe I should start asking for donations for my mod.
http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108889

Your opion's on this?

EDIT: Link to GTAForums where they are not to happy about it either.

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=382433

Last edited by The Commander; 12-11-2008 at 12:18 AM..
The Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #2
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Haha, well all I can say is I wish him luck on that.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #3
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
That guy's an asshole. I worked hard for my PC, I'm not about to help pay for someone else's.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #4
The Commander

The Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enough
This was also posted on GTAForums.

Seems the locals there are not to happy with it...

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=382433
Old 12-11-2008   #5
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Its called a job.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #6
The Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse View Post
Its called a job.
I agree, I can understand having a paypal link, but to go around blasting that he wants donations and putting it on the main page of www.thegtaplace.com is just really way out of line.

I have donated before to people that have a pay pal link on there sites if I really like there work and they "DONT" or "Havent" demanded money. Thats my rule any way.
Old 12-11-2008   #7
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commander View Post
I agree, I can understand having a paypal link, but to go around blasting that he wants donations and putting it on the main page of www.thegtaplace.com is just really way out of line.

I have donated before to people that have a pay pal link on there sites if I really like there work and they "DONT" or "Havent" demanded money. Thats my rule any way.
I agree. This guy's a straight begger.
The only reason he probably hasn't got a job is because all he does is sit in front of his shit computer making mods and masturbating.

Old 12-11-2008   #8
The Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam Trigger View Post
I agree. This guy's a straight begger.
The only reason he probably hasn't got a job is because all he does is sit in front of his shit computer making mods and masturbating.
lol, almost describes me, except that I can't work and im on a medical benift. Sure id like a new PC too, but you don't see me asking people for the money.
Old 12-11-2008   #9
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Switch Designs used to be a staff member on this website way back when. I enjoyed his mods quite a bit, but this is pretty ridiculous. Good for him if it works out, but posting that on the front page of a website (and also on GTAForums) is just not very professional.
Old 12-11-2008   #10
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Seriously though. What kind of level headed person is going to hand over their hard earned cash to some video game modder from the internet so that they can buy a new computer? There are plenty other of video game modders out there. Does this guy really think he is that special?

Old 12-11-2008   #11
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam Trigger View Post
Does this guy really think he is that special?
I'm not too fond of talking about others like this, but I'll just say that this definitely isn't the first time Switch has done something egotistical.
Old 12-11-2008   #12
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
So that's what Switch has been up to

Also I don't expect him to make too much money off of this, but if he does then more power to him.

People aren't taking too kindly to his thread on GTAForums either...

Last edited by phreak; 12-11-2008 at 01:10 AM..
phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #13
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Haha, lol. He still won't admit he's wrong, and he's calling the mods corrupted over at GTAF.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #14
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
They took it down:

Quote:
With GTA IV out now for PC and with modifications to the game already hitting the community, I have been extremely excited about all of the modding possibility's that will be available with this version of the game that are just not possible on the console versions. It has caused me want to be involved more than ever in making mods for everyone looking for something new and exciting to experience in their PC version of GTA IV. As one of the biggest GTA modders on the scene with millions of downloads, my mods on almost every GTA fan site out there, modifications in at least 3 major magazines that I know of and my GTA mods being used in every country in the world, I have come to the point in my career that I must ask you the GTA community that I love for some support.

I recently got a copy of GTA IV for PC so that I too could again start bringing all of you more amazing and creative mods by Switch Designs. However I have discovered that my PC is not going to be able to ever run the game well enough to play let alone to even work slightly enough to modify this game, test my modifications, make preview shots or really to do anything worth a crap with it. I NEED A NEW PC! As a modder who has done everything that I have for this community for free for many years I could now use a little help getting a new machine so that I can continue to provide all of you with the great GTA modifications you love and expect from me!

With over a million downloads of my mods and millions of fans around the world I figure that if I could even get half of one percent of you to donate even just 1$ to my Pay pal account that I would have enough money to buy the most awesome modding machine ever. By clicking the banner below you can help me to keep providing you and the community with awesome modifications for the ever expanding GTA series and you can feel good knowing that your support made this world a little bit more fun!

If you are a part of a GTA fan site and would like to show your support by posting this banner on your web page that would be much appreciated and the html code can be found here!
What I would love to know is whether Switch Designs realises that his mods aren't going to be anywhere close to as easy to produce for GTA IV as the previous games. I'm also skeptical as to whether he realises that the install process for end users will be convoluted and offputting for most.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #15
The Commander

Yeah, I just saw. I wounder if it was him who took it down because of all the critisim he was getting.

I mean, I mod for Duke Nukem 3D and I sure as hell know that "IF" DNF comes out (and thats a big IF im stating) its going to be a hell of alot differnt and harder to mod than DN3D, thats why I stick to DN3D, easy as pie.