Old 12-19-2008   #61
lillb
Casual User
 
lillb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,713
lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
lol claud3 ur always pushing the conversation u never let it die lol

but obviously new bikes and read somewhere that the cheetah was making a comeback
__________________
lillb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #62
Thundercracker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,838
Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
Niko was unable to cross the bridges because he was an illegal immigrant without a visa. Johnny should be fine, shouldn't he?
That doesn't make sense. They were keeping all traffic from the bridges due to terrorist threat, not just for people like Niko.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #63
lillb
Casual User
 
lillb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,713
lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
that's tru that's what the radio always said
so like i said it all depends on when johnny's story starts
__________________
lillb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #64
Ash_735
 
Ash_735's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 8,217
Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Most likely the same thing, the undertones in GTA IV is that America is Paranoid. It would be easy to just use the same joke, the bridges are closed off again because they got paranoid about a terrorist attack and wanted to close off each area again. Rockstar have done this before with VCS, just used the weather as a warning to close off the bridges again. What I'm hoping for however is for a big mission actually giving us a reason to get across the bridge, not many GTA Games have done that in an action way apart from the Stories Games (LCS: Toni and Sal being set up by the police, forcing you to drive over the construction site on the bridge and use the ramp to get into Staunton Island and VCS: Vic and Lance busting the huge drug deal, stealing the coke and breaking through the bridge whilst being chased by Martinez in a Hunter).
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #65
John The Con
Registered User
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6
John The Con is on a distinguished roadJohn The Con is on a distinguished roadJohn The Con is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Yes because I always lie about stuff, that's why I'm a News Poster on this website All of what I said has been confirmed by Rockstar, The reason I say "but" and "Unknown" is because we do not know what the new things are, we just know they will be new.
Of course, but for example you cant say there will be more then just a few guns without any facts to back it up.
John The Con is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #66
Ash_735
 
Ash_735's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 8,217
Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Con View Post
Of course, but for example you cant say there will be more then just a few guns without any facts to back it up.
Ok, once again I'll say this, It's been confirmed by Rockstar, we just just know the scope of it. Do you really think Rockstar are just going to add One Gun, One Bike and that's it? Since that comment we've seen the trailer which has so far shown off three new guns, a new type of bike along with a few other things.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #67
Stu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 419
Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough
I'm a PS3 user, so won't get to play this, but it does look cool. Only thing I have a problem with in it though is...bikes. I...really, really hated the later mission where you have to chase the bikers down on a chopper, through the subway. The handling on the things was pretty unforgiving, so a whole sub-plot where you have to control them would probably be very frustrating. Especially if it's as rainy as the trailers make it out to be.
As to further DLCs, if you remember, when you hang out with Little Jacob, he talks about Badman becoming paranoid and becoming overly violent, and being afraid that he'll turn on LJ at some point. So maybe we'll explore that. Niko can still appear in DLCs, since there was enough similarities between the two endings of the game that he can be of a similar disposition when appearing after those events. I dunno why we seem to be ruling out Niko starring in any chapters.
I wonder if the new music will be spread across the radio stations, or will it be all heavy rock/metal stuff to keep with the biker theme?
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #68
claud3
Banned
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,325
claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
well in this D.L.C you wont be limited to just bikes at all. And for L.J and DEADMAN i think both of them are really Paranoid. So them having a D.L.C maybe.
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #69
Stu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 419
Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
well in this D.L.C you wont be limited to just bikes at all.
Probably, but I bet many of the missions that involve driving/chasing/racing will put you on a bike, because that's the story and where your character is rooted.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #70
claud3
Banned
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,325
claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe so but you will have the option in some of them missions to use a car. If your bike gets destroyed
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #71
Stu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 419
Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough
Just thought too, what if you can go dating with this, and being a different character makes him compatible on the lovematch site with the women that that Niko wasn't(and hence couldn't date)?
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #72
claud3
Banned
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,325
claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
well the dating wont be in it. I feel it will not fit in since johnny is a tough dude and he has alot of people to kill on his quest for complete freedom from them. That dating is the least of his worries
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #73
leelee862
Registered User
 
leelee862's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Nottingham, England.
Posts: 141
leelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enough
Plus, johnny already has a woman. Or an 'old lady' as the bikers seem to put it.

Thirty missions doesn't seem long enough to consist of a long enough storyline to be faffing around with the internet anyhoo. Although, we can't really rule ANYTHING out just yet because we still know so little about the DLC. That said, I wonder if Johnny will be able to use all the facilities that Niko can currently use like the internet. If so, I wonder if there'll be anything different on the internet. I would like to finally put the internet to better use. There's a SHED LOAD of promise to freeroaming in this game. There's all those unused facilities like the big sports centre in Algonquin (I forget the name of it). I just hope on top of the new storyline, weapons, vehicles etc etc..they also fill in all free roaming gaps.

And as Stu said, we do seem to be forgetting a bout Niko. The guy does get around an awful lot so who knows how big his role could be in the upcoming DLC's.

Last edited by leelee862; 12-19-2008 at 06:56 PM..
leelee862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #74
John The Con
Registered User
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6
John The Con is on a distinguished roadJohn The Con is on a distinguished roadJohn The Con is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Ok, once again I'll say this, It's been confirmed by Rockstar, we just just know the scope of it. Do you really think Rockstar are just going to add One Gun, One Bike and that's it? Since that comment we've seen the trailer which has so far shown off three new guns, a new type of bike along with a few other things.
Three guns are not more then a few guns IT IS a few guns. And you dont provide sources, the only indication we have is that its only three guns not more then a few guns.
John The Con is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #75
Ash_735
 
Ash_735's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 8,217
Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Con View Post
Three guns are not more then a few guns IT IS a few guns. And you dont provide sources, the only indication we have is that its only three guns not more then a few guns.
Let me introduce myself, Hi, I'm Ash, I've been at this website for around 4 years and around 90% of information I take a stab at does get confirmed sooner or later. You're a new person here so yeah, you might not wanna trust me right away but I can assure you I do not bullshit for fun. For example, the leaked GameSpot article which apparently confirms a load of things that will be in TLAD (even names a few extra weapons), I could use that to prove my point, but do I, No, because I don't trust the article or source and need a stronger link. I can see it from your point of view though, you come to a website and some guy is saying this and that is going to be in the game without providing sources does seem a bit like a bullshitter but I will admit, in early stages I take rough safe guesses and use that as a base until things get confirmed. I've been at this website for over 4 years, I've been apart of the news staff for roughly a year. So believe me or not but I don't go around spreading crap and most things I claim, which when I do guess, are SAFE guesses, do happen.

Just for you though, I will try and state the sources but I'll have to include the "leaked" article thing to back me up even though I on't trust it at the moment.

I said More Weapons, more than a few, I consider a few around 4-5, in the trailer we have 3 new guns, 1 handgun and 2 types of shotgun. The "leaked" article claims that Johnny will also be carrying his own pocket knife and that other knives will be available along with more other styles of weapons. If we take them (IF they are true) and add them to the 3 we already have confirmed, then there you go, More than a Few.

I said most new songs on Radio Stations. The article says Two New Radio Stations, so that would contradict me, why did I guess that? Well I worked on the Radio Station Guide for the forums for quite a few months before GTA IV was released, which I had to search out tracks confirmed for GTA4 and note down other tracks that Rockstar got rights to use (that also fit in with GTA IV), there is a handfull of these songs left over that fit on already placed Radio Stations which is why I assumed they would be used in the DLC as added songs on the Radio along with more tracks they got specially for The Lost and Damned.

I hope that is enough for you to at least see that I am not some regular bullshitter type poster who shouts "MY Uncles Mate Works At R* So I Know!" because I'm not.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:01 PM.