Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > The Lost and Damned
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2008   #16
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
ok so we are all clear. It was ash_735 that got the confirmed information from Rockstar.

Right Nope we don't play as niko. We play has Johnny a biker.
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #17
leelee862

leelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enough
I'm sure quite a few people are proabably aware of this already but i'll still post it for those who don't..

Looking through the LCPD database a bit ago I came across a few names of people that could possibly make an appearance in TLAD.

Ashley Butler - Billy Grey's "old lady" who happens to be the same woman that showed up at Drusilla's that time to see Ray Boccino. The meth addicted biker chick that informed him that the bin bags with the diamonds were in place.

Lester Arnold - Believed to be the leader of the Angels Of Death OMG. Little is known about him other than he has a serious problem with narcotics. He is 46 years old.

Albert Lawson - Member of the AOD. Believed to be the cause of the war between The Lost and the AOD by having sex with the mother of a member of The Lost. He is 49 years old.

Terry Thorpe - Member of The Lost. Believed to run a methemphetamine lab. He is 31 years old.

There were a few more names that I came across but can't remember what it said about them. These 4 are the characters that stood out to me.
leelee862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #18
Shepherd1991

Im glad I have a 360 so I can get this. Looks like it will be worth it
Old 12-15-2008   #19
Sam B.
Formerly SB141

Sam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the rough
does any 1 know how this content will be accessed in the game? for example would it say in your cellphone Play Lost And Damned and then you press it and then it launches the other story.

360 II Sammy B II PSN Sam-B93 STEAM IISammyBII
Sam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #20
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
Talk about ask my question eyy sammy ...
I hope its just in the pause menu myself..cause i hate having to go through my phone to access stuff its soo slow, but well rockstar have this new phone system so there gonna milk it for all its worth

P.S Night Sammy
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #21
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
I am hoping it will run from the dashboard directly or atleast a start menu, loading all the way into GTA IV just to play TLAD seems like a waste
If its this way it would show up on your dashboard like an arcade game or demo but to run it you'd have to have the GTAIV disk in the drive
This to me seems the most logical way to implement it
Old 12-15-2008   #22
Alec_Pusay119

Alec_Pusay119 is an unknown quantity at this point
Most logical way would be the access it through the phone like multiplayer, seeing as you would have to load up all of the contents on the GTAIV disk to play it anyways...
Alec_Pusay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #23
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
yea well as far as i understand it will not be linked to the normal GTA IV game at all so to load into your save file would be a waste maybe adding a start menu to the game would work fine but I would think it would be quite annoying to load into my GTA IV game just to play your TLAD game since they are separate
Old 12-15-2008   #24
Alec_Pusay119

Alec_Pusay119 is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh, wait. I see what you are saying now.

I think to activate the episode the first time (just to start it) we will have to access it from our phone. From there we start it like any other video game. Once we save a file with Johnny though, I would assume it just loads that file every time you start the game (because it would be the most recent save file)

You're right, loading up a save file with Niko, only to go to our phone and start TLAD would be a waste of time. I thought you meant just booting up GTAIV in general wouldn't be needed.
Alec_Pusay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #25
lillb
Casual User

yea and that could work with it just loading into which ever u last saved in but I'd like it better if I could choose before the game boots which one i wanna play
Old 12-15-2008   #26
devil chevelle
guy with the worst punctuation

devil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enoughdevil chevelle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillb View Post
As jaytow said, I also don't worry much about the story being good, I want it to be and I have faith that Rockstar will deliver a good story.

As for the voice, I don't even remember Johnny's voice so it couldn't be that bad.

I'm mostly hoping to see some of the things that went out behind Niko's back, and the whole Bulgarin thing is really interesting. I have a feeling Johnny will deal with him in some way in the TLD. It does seem that the mafia would be the logical choice for the 2nd episdoe but I hope not. I despised most of the mafia guys by the end of the GTA IV story and wouldn't want to play as any of them.

I would think doing the second episode on the McCreary's possibly playing as Gerry would be cool. I doubt it tho because Niko did alot with them throughout the GTAIV story and noone would want half the episode to be what they saw in GTA IV, however if it was played as Gerry, maybe they could do it about what he was up to before Niko came into the picture. And how the McCreary's used to run the city as Packie claims during that one mission.
when the mc's say they used to run the city they dont mean in the last year or so they mean back in the 1920's and what not and based upon rockstar basing some of new yorks crime history to liberty city they probably meant around that time cause thats when most of the irish gangs started losing control and the italians and jews started taking control so the irish had to start getting more organized cause of the threats which lead to the irish mafia
devil chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #27
lillb
Casual User

yea ur probably right but that's not how i interpreted it during that car ride with packie
but i just like the mccreary's so DLC focusing on them would tickle my fancy
Old 12-17-2008   #28
JRussell89
Dats da fact jack!

JRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enoughJRussell89 will become famous soon enough
The possibilities are near endless for where the story could go, or is coming from. Some of the minor characters or random pedestrians Niko encounters could be more central to The Lost's story. Or, one of the other crime families(there's 5 if I remember right) could be explored. Another plot possibility could be that of the elusive Kenny Petrovic. Yet another possibility is that long sought after bridge between the III trilogy and IV. That is if R* wanted to try and mend fences with the sizeable population of fans that wanted just a little more from the previous titles. no matter what, this addition to the story of the new Liberty City looks to be a great adventure and addition to the series.
JRussell89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008   #29
NMae12

NMae12 is on a distinguished roadNMae12 is on a distinguished roadNMae12 is on a distinguished roadNMae12 is on a distinguished road
im sure is been noticed but just noting that johnny says hes not in the business of kidnapping, or something similar i forgot.
In the mission where you save roman he says that a biker took him there, could mean johnny or could mean another biker after johnny declined.
there's another mission where you have bike chase and there's a spare bike next to the other two, i think johnny will be there somewhere
NMae12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008   #30
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
well. We will have to wait and find out what happens
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote