Old 12-09-2008   #1
leelee862

leelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enough
Lost and Damned Discussion

Nobody has made an official discussion thread yet so thought I would. So, let's discuss.

One thing that i'm most intrigued about are the characters that will be in Johnny's story. I've always loved a really character driven story so a good cast of character's is the main thing I really care about. Without a bunch of good supporting characters we just have a protagonist and a story and I ain't a big fan of that.

Right, I think we can safely say that Billy Gray could possibly be showing his face. And I wonder if any of the minor characters from Niko's story like Luis and Gay Tony will become major characters in Johnny's story. Then there was that biker chick who we saw with Ray in one of his cutscenes. Ray and Johnny work together so could she possibly have any connection with Johnny and could we be seeing Ray returning? Then we have the Ancellotti's - could we be seeing any of them in his story? Then there's the rival gang - will there be any major players from the gang in Johnny's story? Then there's the friends feature. Who, if he has any, will be Johnny's friends? If you look at the amount of characters that could be in his story it could turn out to be a very different experience to Niko's story indeed.

I wish I could've worded this a bit better. It's a bit of a jumble but when I have something in my head I have to just type it out or I lose it and it's gone forever. So I apologise for this jumbled mess.

EDIT: Is that better for the moron who neg rep'd me for not using paragraphs? I typed it out in a rush. I was getting round to tidying it up a bit. Jackass.

Last edited by leelee862; 12-09-2008 at 04:57 PM..
leelee862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #2
Jaytow

Jaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enoughJaytow will become famous soon enough
I've been playing through IV for the third time and it seems obvious that the second episode will be mafia.

Now that we know that the first episode is about the bikers the hints in the main story seem so obvious and the mafia are the only other gang refered to as much as the bikers.

I'm sure we'll see more of that guy who says he is owed money from Niko, Bulgarin is it?

To be honest the thought that the story will not be good has never crossed my mind since rockstar always does so well with the story however there are a few things I'm worried about:

1. Maybe I just need time to get used to it but I don't really like johnnys voice.
2. Johnny will have the same animations as Niko (please N0)
Jaytow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #3
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
I'm only concerned with how strict the story will stay to its own plot. Rockstar North didn't learn much from San Andreas, as the story was, again, a bit all over the place. That, and Niko's inconsistencies with his personality.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #4
leelee862

leelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enoughleelee862 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytow View Post
I've been playing through IV for the third time and it seems obvious that the second episode will be mafia.

Now that we know that the first episode is about the bikers the hints in the main story seem so obvious and the mafia are the only other gang refered to as much as the bikers.

I'm sure we'll see more of that guy who says he is owed money from Niko, Bulgarin is it?

To be honest the thought that the story will not be good has never crossed my mind since rockstar always does so well with the story however there are a few things I'm worried about:

1. Maybe I just need time to get used to it but I don't really like johnnys voice.
2. Johnny will have the same animations as Niko (please N0)
Looking at the story, Niko had a lot of involvement with the mafia so I think that's run it's course a bit. There may be a bit of mafia involvement in Johnny's story, with Ray and the Ancellotti's, but I doubt it'll be to the extent that it was in Niko's story. I also doubt that the second episode will be revolving around the mafia but if it does then I guess the only character we could really play with, that we know of and who had some involvement with Niko and has a decent back story worth looking into is Phil Bell. Now, I wouldn't say no to that because Phil was awesome.

I think the second episode will most probably explain more about Bulgarin and possibly see if anything comes of the whole diamond deal . But then I think, who was in the story, who'd be worth playing as, who had involvement with Bulgarin, besides Niko? Which then leads me to believe that if Bulgarin isn't in the second episode then Johnny may deal with him at some point in his story. Either way, I wanna know more about Bulgarin and his stay in Liberty City. Then if you think about it, there's a lot involving Bulgarin and Dimitri that went on behind the scenes that we didn't see in Niko's story so maybe we could possibly even play as Bulgarin himself? Who knows. I wouldn't mind that. It would be pretty cool playing as somebody who dishes out the orders for a change. Or maybe he isn't dishing them out in LC? Hmmm...

And as for your 2 points, I THINK, although don't quote me on this, that they've got a new voice actor in to do the voice for Johnny. Although I had no problem with Scott Hill. And yes, I 100% agree with you on your second point.

Last edited by leelee862; 12-10-2008 at 03:53 PM..
Old 12-10-2008   #5
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
As jaytow said, I also don't worry much about the story being good, I want it to be and I have faith that Rockstar will deliver a good story.

As for the voice, I don't even remember Johnny's voice so it couldn't be that bad.

I'm mostly hoping to see some of the things that went out behind Niko's back, and the whole Bulgarin thing is really interesting. I have a feeling Johnny will deal with him in some way in the TLD. It does seem that the mafia would be the logical choice for the 2nd episdoe but I hope not. I despised most of the mafia guys by the end of the GTA IV story and wouldn't want to play as any of them.

I would think doing the second episode on the McCreary's possibly playing as Gerry would be cool. I doubt it tho because Niko did alot with them throughout the GTAIV story and noone would want half the episode to be what they saw in GTA IV, however if it was played as Gerry, maybe they could do it about what he was up to before Niko came into the picture. And how the McCreary's used to run the city as Packie claims during that one mission.
Old 12-10-2008   #6
Sam B.
Formerly SB141

Sam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the rough
The only thing i know about this is that its a new story and you are playing as a different character, is there any word on new music, vehicles etc. don't worry i'm not going to ask if theirs a new city because i know its set at the same time niko was there and from experience from the game i know that you run into johnny throughout the story so that doesn't have to be cleared up

360 II Sammy B II PSN Sam-B93 STEAM IISammyBII
Sam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #7
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
i believe somewhere said new vehicles, music, and weapons. couldn't find it but i know i read it
Old 12-10-2008   #8
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillb View Post
i believe somewhere said new vehicles, music, and weapons. couldn't find it but i know i read it

It was ash_735. That said

Link: http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/show...0&postcount=83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
The game comes with:
A New Storyline with a New Lead Character (Lasting around 10 Hours) [GTA4 was touted as having a 30 Hour Storyline]
A New Soundtrack (Currently Unknown but will include new songs on Most of the Radio Stations)
New Weapons (Currently Unknown but is more than a few guns)
New Vehicles (Currently Unknown but is suppose to be more than a few Cars and Bikes)
New Clothing (New Main Character will have different options in clothing stores)
New Multiplayer Modes (Currently Unknown but is rumoured to be around 4 new co-op games)

Judging from the price this will be around 1600 Microsoft Points so it is clearly out of your range already, shame you won't get to see it.

Last edited by claud3; 12-10-2008 at 05:27 PM..
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #9
leelee862

Wow, new everything. I'm stupidly exited now. I'm just one step away from salivating! I just can't wait.
Old 12-10-2008   #10
lillb
Casual User

yea i was thinking of a quote directly from rockstar but ash said the same thing
Old 12-11-2008   #11
John The Con
Newbie Member

John The Con is on a distinguished roadJohn The Con is on a distinguished roadJohn The Con is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
There is alot of unverified information in that post. Terms like "but" and "unknown" are thrown around like the poster knows something for a fact, which of course he doesnt.
John The Con is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #12
lillb
Casual User

most of ash's post was said in a statement from rockstar
wish i could find it

EDIT:
it was actually on the GTAIV website:
Quote:
Developed by Rockstar North and set in Liberty City, The Lost and Damned features a new main character and plot that intersects with the storyline of Grand Theft Auto IV; new missions that offer an entirely fresh way to explore Liberty City with new multiplayer modes, weapons and vehicles; and a diverse soundtrack with additional music – all with the incredible production values that are the trademarks of Grand Theft Auto.
http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/#?page=news

Last edited by lillb; 12-11-2008 at 01:19 PM..
lillb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #13
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Con View Post
There is alot of unverified information in that post. Terms like "but" and "unknown" are thrown around like the poster knows something for a fact, which of course he doesnt.
Yes because I always lie about stuff, that's why I'm a News Poster on this website All of what I said has been confirmed by Rockstar, The reason I say "but" and "Unknown" is because we do not know what the new things are, we just know they will be new.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #14
Sasha

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Wait so do you not play as Niko anymore?
Old 12-15-2008   #15
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
You been under a rock, or what?
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote