Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2008   #1
WheresMalik
Please and Hate Yourself

WheresMalik will become famous soon enoughWheresMalik will become famous soon enoughWheresMalik will become famous soon enoughWheresMalik will become famous soon enoughWheresMalik will become famous soon enoughWheresMalik will become famous soon enoughWheresMalik will become famous soon enough
Exclamation God, I hate you people...

who are getting to play GTA IV maxed out on your PC!! I see all these screenshots of how it looks maxed out and think, "Oh, I guess I'll just go play my blurry console version."

Now my eyes bleed [again] when I play. My computer is damn fine but lacks a video card (read: has NONE) so I can't play it at all.

I keep seeing these crystal clear screenies with a draw distance that isn't 50 feet and am entirely, completely, and fully jealous of you people and somewhat pissed off at myself.

You people! Youuuu!!!

In other news, I'm not the only one who hates you.

P.S. - Watch ya back.

Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
Marley

All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own.
Goethe
WheresMalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #2
phlipp
Mmmm, Onions

phlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished roadphlipp is on a distinguished road
Lol. What he said^. Minus the threats.
I don't wnat to get my ass beat on the internet, that would be quite embarassing
Old 12-08-2008   #3
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Well you see, video games generally require video cards
Old 12-08-2008   #4
flint.44
Fuhgeddaboudit!

flint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really niceflint.44 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresMalik View Post
who are getting to play GTA IV maxed out on your PC!! I see all these screenshots of how it looks maxed out and think, "Oh, I guess I'll just go play my blurry console version."
Don't feel left out, I suffer from this problem as well. I'm just not as violent about it.
Old 12-08-2008   #5
WheresMalik
Please and Hate Yourself

WheresMalik will become famous soon enoughWheresMalik will become famous soon enoughWheresMalik will become famous soon enoughWheresMalik will become famous soon enoughWheresMalik will become famous soon enoughWheresMalik will become famous soon enoughWheresMalik will become famous soon enough
Baaaah! You and your unflinchingly cruel logic, Rappo!

Looking at these screenies almost makes me not WANT to play the console version. There is such a noticeable difference in even the Medium settings, in terms of clarity.

GTA IV literally burned my eyes when I first got it and after ogling these screenies for so long and going back to the console version, they are again.

Marley

All the knowledge I possess everyone else can acquire, but my heart is all my own.
Goethe
Old 12-08-2008   #6
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Yeah it really didn't occur to me how blurry the console versions were until I looked at some screenshots the other day. At the time it looked great to me, but after playing GTA IV on PC, I need clarity!
Old 12-08-2008   #7
Sam B.
Formerly SB141

Sam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the roughSam B. is a jewel in the rough
i don't really mind the blurriness of the console versions and i'm playing it in standard definition,but i'll be getting HD soon

360 II Sammy B II PSN Sam-B93 STEAM IISammyBII
Sam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #8
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
i play on my xbox 360 and it looks pretty good on my 22 in 1680x1050 pc monitor, i do notice some blurring and graininess once in a while especially in GTA IV but i'm sure if i had a high end PC i wouldnt wanna tolerate my current setup
Old 12-16-2008   #9
owned_by_gta
Nick

owned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished roadowned_by_gta is on a distinguished road
its alot easier to have an Xbox360 or Ps3 with an HD tv with perfet color settings and contrast.
Old 12-16-2008   #10
TimBud
Clarkson for PM

TimBud is infamous around these partsTimBud is infamous around these parts
^^^it is indeed.
But ulimately the game will always be better on PC because of the modding potential and how purty it can look.
Although the price you have to pay for that does not balance out with what you get from the game imo.
The consoles have the upper hand for now imo

TimBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #11
WheresMalik
Please and Hate Yourself

Edit: Post Deleted

Marley

Goethe

Last edited by WheresMalik; 03-09-2009 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 12-21-2008   #12
[PLaTiNuM]
MrRogers
Newbie Member

[PLaTiNuM] is on a distinguished road[PLaTiNuM] is on a distinguished road
Jealousy is a bad thing.
[PLaTiNuM] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #13
4Stroke230
4$troke230

4Stroke230 is on a distinguished road4Stroke230 is on a distinguished road4Stroke230 is on a distinguished road4Stroke230 is on a distinguished road
well, im getting it for xmas,and im hoping i can be a person you hate
Old 12-22-2008   #14
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
its a great game. But the pc version is a bad port to be honest
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #15
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
... you people? What do you mean "you people?"

Yes to reiterate what rappo says, yes you need a video card to play video games. Maybe you could get away with like Pong though.