Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2008   #31
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
i have not heard of this thingy. i shall try it out, good sir.
although i think its really my card limiting me, and not gta iv
Old 12-06-2008   #32
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

zombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to behold
What is this no restrictions thing? My game is running unbelievably smoothly, so I'm positive it is capable of being more detailed.
Old 12-06-2008   #33
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
nik: make a shortcut of LaunchGTAIV.exe on your desktop, and right click then choose Properties. In the path textbox stick -norestrictions at the end. I did it and it worked out... the game runs worse when I do that, but I think I might be able to find a nice equilibrium.

Edit: by worse I just mean models and textures are really slow to load... but once they load it looks alright.
Old 12-06-2008   #34
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

zombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to behold
There is no path text box, and I can't figure out where to put it in other boxes
Old 12-06-2008   #35
rappo
Professional Dumbass

here's an example i did with san andreas (since i dont have GTA IV on this PC), just do the same with LaunchGTAIV.exe:

Old 12-06-2008   #36
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

I tried that. It wouldn't let me.
Old 12-07-2008   #37
Duke Lion

Duke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really nice
Try making a file called commandline.txt and put the commands in that and put it in the Grand Theft Auto IV directory. It's a lot more convenient imo.

@Rappo, try adding the following "-availablevidmem 320 -percentvidmem 100" and just replace the 320 with how much video memory you have.
The textures and models were not loading/spawning after I did the -norestrictions thingy and upped the resolution & detail levels, but adding those two commands seemed to fix it for me.

Edit: lol, I just read that the -availablevidmem is in GB.. either way, the commands I posted here work for me

Last edited by Duke Lion; 12-07-2008 at 06:12 AM..
Duke Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #38
Brotha
Rockstar-ish

Brotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the roughBrotha is a jewel in the rough
By all of the videos I've seen, it looks promising, the angles, the effects, and the interface looks great! When I update my rig, magic will happen, trust me on that one!
Brotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #39
rappo
Professional Dumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Lion View Post
@Rappo, try adding the following "-availablevidmem 320 -percentvidmem 100" and just replace the 320 with how much video memory you have.
The textures and models were not loading/spawning after I did the -norestrictions thingy and upped the resolution & detail levels, but adding those two commands seemed to fix it for me.

Edit: lol, I just read that the -availablevidmem is in GB.. either way, the commands I posted here work for me
thanks sir, that seemed to work! if i make my textures any higher though, i get a big drop in FPS now. i have a 256mb video card, its just not enough for medium this little trick is cool though because now i can export in 720p thanks again babe
Old 12-07-2008   #40
Duke Lion

Duke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really nice
Glad I could help
Have you tried exporting to 720p? I still can't get it to work :/

I've only got 320 megs of video ram, so it's not that running great here either..

Last edited by Duke Lion; 12-07-2008 at 01:49 PM..
Duke Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #41
rappo
Professional Dumbass

Yeah I exported to 720p successfully. When I tried it without the -availablemem command, the rendering screen wouldn't load, but then after I added those two commands it loaded up and rendered. The WMV doesn't have TOO much better quality, but it's way bigger, so Im guessing when YouTube / SocialClubTV resizes it, the quality will look nicer.
Old 12-08-2008   #42
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute

Created a new, though very short, videoclip. Click on watch in high-quality ofcourse.
Old 12-08-2008   #43
MiniAnt

MiniAnt is on a distinguished roadMiniAnt is on a distinguished roadMiniAnt is on a distinguished roadMiniAnt is on a distinguished roadMiniAnt is on a distinguished road
https://tv.rockstargames.com/videos/...930F4C0A2DD7ED

Here's mine.
MiniAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #44
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
eli. Nice vid dude simple and easy to produce

MiniAnt. Nice vid dude so you just went around murdering peds cool. Here in the video 26 seconds in if you look you can see the skids appear before you make them and that sene lasts for 7 seconds and you can cearly see the skids before you make them
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #45
MiniAnt

MiniAnt is on a distinguished roadMiniAnt is on a distinguished roadMiniAnt is on a distinguished roadMiniAnt is on a distinguished roadMiniAnt is on a distinguished road
Yeah, one thing I noticed too, strange. The video editor is cool and simple, but it just takes a lot of time to convert it to the WEB format.
MiniAnt is offline   Reply With Quote