Old 12-04-2008   #16
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin View Post
Next time I format my PC, I'll need to come to you for some help, Nite. What advantages does Server 2008 have over Vista?
http://www.win2008workstation.com/wo...y-workstation/

this will help with that question

and this tool will help to convert it from Server to a Desktop OS

http://www.win2008workstation.com/wo...ion-converter/

but anyway sorry to jack the thread, I won't discuss this anymore here.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI

Last edited by Nite; 12-04-2008 at 10:19 PM..
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #17
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve88 View Post
Sure mate,

INTEL CORE 2 DUO E8500 3.16Ghz
4gig DDR2 Ram
ASUS 9800GTX+ 512meg
I have the same specs except for the processor. I have a Quad Core Q9550 2.83GHz.

I was kinda 50/50 about purchasing GTA IV on PC, but after reading so many negative threads about it I'm just going to wait to hear about what the patch does to help.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #18
De7erminist
http://7thzone.net

De7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura aboutDe7erminist has a spectacular aura about
Yes, indeed it is a little messy. I had to run it in Windowed mode with No restrictions in order to run it properly. I totally meet the recommended system requirements except for my Graphics Card, which is the 256MB version of the Nvidia Geforce 8600GT, not the 512MB version. I can only run it on Medium textures, Medium render quality at 1024x768 resolution, that's the only way I get to run it smoothly, and even then the game tells me I exceeded my memory? It's stupid. But High sure looks good, too ba dI can only run it on 800x600.
De7erminist is offline   Reply With Quote