Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > Troubleshooting & Technology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2008   #1
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
GTA4 PC Command Line Parameters + Error Codes

This might help some people who have problems. should have a sticky.

Quote:
Command Line Parameters

Tools

-benchmark: Runs the benchmark tool and immediately exits game.
-help: Display list of all command line options

Graphics

-renderquality: Set the render quality of the game. (0-4)
-shadowdensity: Set the shadow density of the game. (0-16)
-texturequality: Set the texture quality of the game. (0-2)
-viewdistance: Set the view distance of the game (0-99)
-detailquality: Set the detail quality of the game. (0-99)
-novblank: Disable wait for vblank (No Vsync)
-norestrictions: Do not limit graphics settings
-width: Set width of main render window (default is 800)
-height: Set height of main render window (default is 600)
-safemode: Run the graphics in the lowest setting possible
-frameLimit: Limit frame to interval of refresh rate (ex If refreshrate is 60HZ –frameLimit 1 = Locks down to 60HZ)
-refreshrate: Set the refresh rate of main render window – Warning - Monitor must support (ex. –refreshrate 60)
-fullscreen: Force fullscreen mode
-windowed: Force windowed mode
-availablevidmem: Set amount of physical Video Memory(ex. –availablevidmem 0.9)
-percentvidmem: Percentage of video memory to make available to GTA

Audio

-fullspecaudio: Force high-end CPU audio footprint
-minspecaudio: Force low-end CPU audio footprint

System

-noprecache: Disable precache of resources
-nomemrestrict: Disable memory restrictions

RMN20 - Windows Vista: Need to have Service Pack 1 or higher to proceed.
RMN30 - Windows XP 64 / Server 2003: Need to have Service Pack 2 or higher to proceed.
RMN40 - Windows XP: Need to have Service Pack 3 or higher to proceed.
DD3D50 - D3D Error - DirectX 9 video card required
TEXP110 - D3D Error - Failed to create texture - Please restart the game
DWIN20 - D3D Error - Failed to query memory. Please re-start the game.
DD3D10 - D3D Error - Please re-boot your system
DD3D10 - D3D Error - Please re-boot your system
DD3D30 - D3D Error - Please re-boot your system
DWIN30 - D3D Error - Please re-boot your system
DD3D20 - D3D Error - Please re-install the game and/or re-install DirectX
DWIN10 - D3D Error - Please restart the game
DD3D60 - D3D Error - Shader Model 3.0 or higher is required
DD3D70 - D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
GPUP10 - D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
TEXP20 - D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
TEXP30 - D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
TEXP80 - D3D Error - Unable to retrieve D3D Device. Please re-boot your system
DD3D40 - D3D Error - Unable to retrieve device capabilities. Please install latest video card driver and/or re-install DirectX
TEXP10 - D3D Error - Unable to retrieve device capabilities. Please install latest video card driver and/or re-install DirectX
DD3D80 - D3D reset failed - Please restart the game.
STRB10 - Failed to delete file - Please re-boot your system
RMN10 - Failed to read file - Please re-boot your system
STRM10 - Failed to read file - Please re-boot your system
STRM20 - Failed to read file - Please re-boot your system
BNDL10 - Failed to write file – Please re-boot your system
STBF10 - Failed to write file – Please re-boot your system
VOIC10 - Fatal voice chat error - Please restart the game
RESC10 - Out of video memory - Please re-boot your system
BA10 - Out of virtual memory - Please re-boot your system
EA10 - Out of virtual memory - Please re-boot your system
TEXP60 - Unable to create color render target - Please re-install DirectX and/or install the latest video card driver.
TEXP70 - Unable to create depth render target - Please re-install DirectX and/or install the latest video card driver.
AE10 - Insufficient Memory to Start Game - Please close some applications and restart the game
PC10 - Unable to retrieve D3D Device - Please reboot your machine or reinstall your display driver
TF10 - Unable to write to disk - Please restart the game
WS20 - InitWinSock failed - Please re-boot your system and/or re-install the game
WS30 - InitWinSock failed - Please re-boot your system and/or re-install the game

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #2
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
Yeah,coool,it would help...
Old 12-04-2008   #3
Miffy
Newbie Member

Miffy is on a distinguished roadMiffy is on a distinguished roadMiffy is on a distinguished road
Only they don't work.
Miffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #4
SWATsqad

SWATsqad is on a distinguished roadSWATsqad is on a distinguished road
for ppl who cant get them to work.
go to your gtaiv dir (where gtalaucher is) create a txt file called - commandline
and add your parameters there : ) for example: write: -noprecache -nomemrestrict
hope this helps. cheers
SWATsqad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009   #5
adamj
Newbie Member

adamj is on a distinguished roadadamj is on a distinguished roadadamj is on a distinguished road
many thanks

This thread is helping me..
Old 05-22-2009   #6
G-Unit,x
Newbie Member

G-Unit,x is on a distinguished roadG-Unit,x is on a distinguished roadG-Unit,x is on a distinguished roadG-Unit,x is on a distinguished road
Its not working!

I keep on getting the error codes.
First i got the RMN20 so i downloaded the service pack 1.
and now its showing the RMN30, i cant find the service pack 2 anywhere but i have Vista not XP ??
Somebody please help!
G-Unit,x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010   #7
Prometheus

Prometheus is on a distinguished roadPrometheus is on a distinguished road
First problem G-Unit, : you have Vista....Either degrade to XP SP3 or get win7, Vista is the source of most any software problem because it's just worthless and unstable and was never really fixed.

Second problem G-Unit: You are trying service-packs of Vista, they are as useless as a win95 system file to you. Again, try a reliable OS like XP SP3 or Win7, you made the mistake of buying an OSX clone that MS tried to push at the expense of it's users to compete with mac (no contest, mac wins again). Win 7 is "like Vista, but actually works". Try using a fujnctional OS like XP or 7 and it is likely your problems will simply disappear. If I had a nickel for every problem in Vista, I'd be richer than Gates himself. It's much less hassle staying just behind the wave of "fashionable upgrading", especially with your operating system...and far less expensive too...

I went from 95 to 98SE to XP, and have win7 on the back burner....for a reason....I wait to see if an OS is gonna be tr9ouble gfrom the get-go, like Vista was. Not to sound elitist, but you chose your OS poorly. Stay behind the fad and wait strategically for the right moment to upgrade, that's just how you have to work when dealing with an MS OS. Your best bet to simplify your woes is to backtrack to XP SP3, and you should get the game to run in a more proper manner. I'm not gonna get into the biblical-level of errors with Vista, nor try to be an elitist, but Vista is your primary problem. This game just doesn't run well on Vista regardless of hardware, except for the lucky few. This game runs great on XP SP3, were it not for the "drunken camera" issue that plagues all users regardless of OS (because Rockstar yet again rushed this to release, and even more prematurely than usual).

Rockstar (or more accurately "Take-two software" (i'm beginning to see a pattern of the name vs the product) hasn't even resolved the "drunken camera view" yet, despite their alleged blame on DirectInput devices (DirectInput has nothing to do with the faulted code in the executeable; perhaps it's the SecureROM "crock of stinketh" attempt at anti-piracy (like that'll ever work) that is the real issue.

I have been through many games on this HDD, but no other has had such absurd requirements, nor has annoyed a solo-player so much to join MP games via an allegedly-compulsory registration (and the appearance of such just to save a game....you can generate an offline save, but it's a long walk to find it) nearly as much as this one has. This was supposed to be the flagship for the GTA series in "showing how it's done", instead they made a really-shiny turd that was released in the beta stage as a final copy. Sure, the game (on paper) is awesome, and blows away all the previous models of the game, but in production, they missed several serious flaws that QA should have caught in pre-release, but Rockstar got all "EA GAMES" on their staff and forced an unfinished release. The details of the alleged "patch" says it all. This game is going to the back burner until I can remove this BS crap and make it a real game instead of a manufactured security-loophole that windows live is. This game in itself is a security risk for your firewall simply for the fact that it installs and removes firewall restrictions on thw indows firewall that are inherently risky. Maybe they should have spent more time on development then copy-protection that doesn't work anyway.

Try running the game in Xp-compatibility mode (is that available in Vista?; I won't touch Vista with a 90-yard pole unless I wanted a project to fix an OS, so I dunno). This might help, but I fear that it won't, so the only consolation I can give is in two words, "good luck".

If you are unwilling to wait for a patch to resolve the "underdeveloped game blues", try San Andreas, it actually works,. maybe in a few years they'll get GTA4 to work properly, and Vista will be barely more than a distant memory to you. One would hope that you saw win 7 for it's obvious status as "final", for which Vista was never awarded....
Prometheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010   #8
FreshSoIlly
Newbie Member

FreshSoIlly is on a distinguished roadFreshSoIlly is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite View Post
This might help some people who have problems. should have a sticky.

aND WHAT GRAPHIC OPTIONS ARE YOU REFERING TO HOW DO I GET THREre?
FreshSoIlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #9
Talman1

Talman1 is on a distinguished roadTalman1 is on a distinguished roadTalman1 is on a distinguished road
New code

I'm gettin an error code SMPA60 that's not listed above anyone know what thats about?
game crashes during mission diamonds are a girls best friend while crossing a bridge i have several (like 8) car mods running

win7 Ult. 64-bit
Phenom II x6 3.2 gHz
Radeon HD 6870
16 gb corsair vengeance
Talman1 is offline   Reply With Quote