Old 12-06-2008   #1
waldoribeiro
Newbie Member

waldoribeiro is an unknown quantity at this point
AA Might Be Added...

Quote:
Our game is currently only Direct X 9. We've done everything possible to make it look great for DX9.

We use a Deferred Lighting model that most other game don't use. Ill try and get some more info up next week since the technical details since this will probably be interesting to many of you. AA does not work very well with our lighting model unless the game is DX10.

For the forums it's clear that there is huge demand for AA support, so we will be looking into it.
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?s...=380088&st=260

This is just one of the replies on this thread from Rockstar Toronto. They are actively involved at solving our issues on that forum.
waldoribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008   #2
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
I'm wondering why gamers even want AA in this game considering how poorly it performance, alot of people can barely run it.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008   #3
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
Next year there will be hardware that can run it with AA :p

R* Claim the game is future proof, didn't think of that did they :p

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008   #4
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
This is one of the few games that looks fine without AA. All it needs is some decent texture filtering.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #5
waldoribeiro
Newbie Member

waldoribeiro is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin View Post
This is one of the few games that looks fine without AA. All it needs is some decent texture filtering.
I agree with this statement. The patch is due this week and I am sure that MANY errors will be fixed. They already confirmed that the memory leaks are repaired with the patch.

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=380088
waldoribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #6
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Yea thats good, I've had that memory leak bug as well, because after 3 hours of playing I started stuttering really bad

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote