Old 12-03-2008   #1
gougoul
Newbie Member

gougoul is an unknown quantity at this point
It IS crap...

I just changed my PC a week ago.
2.83 Ghz Quad core, 1.2 Tb Raid 0, 1 Tb storage, 4870 X2 graphics, 4Gc Ram ddr3 1600, not the worst system in the world.

First to install takes ages. Does as if Windows Live & Rockstar community were optional features while they are required.
Then you install them as well, and it hangs 2-3 times before finally starting.
So far, I can play the game 5-6 minutes before it hangs, requiring me to reset the computer.
I left all the graphics settings as they were...
Also, does the 4870 X2 bring 1gb or 2gb ram ? The game lists only 1gb.

At least the game is cheap, but it's really crap.
gougoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #2
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
The 4870 x2 only has 1GB of frame buffer, just like SLI and crossfire, you don't total the separate frame buffers.

I suppose all you can hope for is a patch really.

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #3
gougoul
Newbie Member

gougoul is an unknown quantity at this point
I see, thanks for the info.
As for the software I don't get it. The only reason (and I'm in the software industry..) not to get Warez is to avoid...
Having crap you don't want installed on your computer...mhhh...with Windows Live, DRM AND Rockstar thing, it's a bit much...
Not having crashes all the time...then again, think twice...

I mean, we don't pay with monopoly money either...Frankly I don't care about the amount paid, but it's a matter of principle...I want my money back, they can have the software back, no problem !

So far, for the 4870x2, here's what I found, turning the ventilator manually to 50-60 % seems to prevent the game from crashing...

Last edited by iKlipse; 12-07-2008 at 04:40 AM.. Reason: Posts merged, don't double post. Use the edit button.
gougoul is offline   Reply With Quote