Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV > Troubleshooting & Technology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2008   #1
Homeinmyhead

Homeinmyhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy So i guess this means no custom trainers,saves, mods and other fun custom content

personally i got GTA IV pc for its customizable ability like other versions (gta:Sa, gta:vc) such as trainers and mods but it seems as tho rockstar will not let you have this ability anymore,

i wanted to be able to customize the game and have fun cheatcodes like god mode or no wanted level but with the security settings it looks like thats not even possible anymore...

also looks like 100% saves might not be able to be used since you have to log in to windows live in order to save or load.....

i would never even bother to buy this game if i realized that rockstar would do this...
Homeinmyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #2
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
I'm not surprised that GTA4 has security to stop modding after what happened with Hot Coffee in GTASA.

Also about the save game system, thats stupid as well I agree.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #3
Sparthan
Tonight we dine in HELL !

Sparthan is on a distinguished roadSparthan is on a distinguished road
This is the shittiest GTA ever.. i am glad i didn't buy it

Thanks soooooo much .:Clansman:. for the sig and the avatar
Sparthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #4
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparthan View Post
This is the shittiest GTA ever.. i am glad i didn't buy it
That's unfair. The game has some technical issues, and the windows live and social club stuff is bullshit. But the game itself is great, and that's what it's about. I'm sorry for all the people finding themselves unable to play, but I guess that will be fixed soon enough.
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #5
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
Most modding doesn't consist of the 100% Save game anyway, so don't stress about it.

This game will get modded once it gets patched, also with the hot coffee thing, that was Rockstar's own fault, it's not ours, they left that content in the game, we just unlocked it.

[img][/img]

click me
Lao Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #6
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeinmyhead View Post
personally i got GTA IV pc for its customizable ability like other versions (gta:Sa, gta:vc) such as trainers and mods but it seems as tho rockstar will not let you have this ability anymore,

i wanted to be able to customize the game and have fun cheatcodes like god mode or no wanted level but with the security settings it looks like thats not even possible anymore...

also looks like 100% saves might not be able to be used since you have to log in to windows live in order to save or load.....

i would never even bother to buy this game if i realized that rockstar would do this...
On Win XP, the save game files are stored in;
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames

Where <username> is your windows username.

You don't need to be online to save.

As far as modding goes, you can't. At the moment. Reason being, something in the game checks to see if all the game files are the original files before it lets you run the game - probably to prevent online cheating.

In time, that check will undoubtedly be disabled.

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #7
Rocker-5
Banned
Banned

Rocker-5 is infamous around these partsRocker-5 is infamous around these partsRocker-5 is infamous around these parts
now that stinks,but i want to play the game because i never played it,i dont care if i cant mod it or use 100% save games,i just want to play

and i know myself

soon i will want to mod the game,thus making me crazy

what im saying will happen soon enough
Rocker-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #8
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Boy View Post
Most modding doesn't consist of the 100% Save game anyway, so don't stress about it.

This game will get modded once it gets patched, also with the hot coffee thing, that was Rockstar's own fault, it's not ours, they left that content in the game, we just unlocked it.
yea I agree it was rockstars fault, but considering the protection that GTA4 has, I bet that scenerio crossed thier mind.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #9
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
I can't wait to see a lots of mods for this game,I really want to mod it...