Old 12-02-2008   #1
Amaradus
Newbie Member

Amaradus is an unknown quantity at this point
GTA 4 PC Camera Problems

There is a major problem i am having with the chase camera for the cars in the PC version of GTA IV. I cannot get the chase camera to lock behind the car. For instance if I turn around in the street I cannot tell where i am going because the camera just stays facing the same direction until the car drives far enough away for the camera to follow behind it. The mouse move the camera just fine but that means I have to use the mouse and keyboard at the same time and that just wont do. I will not use a game pad.

Can someone help me figure out how to lock the camera behind the car so I can tell where I am going. GTA 3 and GTA VC both had the locked camera.
Amaradus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #2
Gupi
In the hizzouse

Gupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished road
I would like to know too. Extremely annoying.
Gupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #3
ajdin-atl
Newbie Member

ajdin-atl is an unknown quantity at this point
i have worse problem,when i get in the car it goes just straight and i cant stop it,and when i get out of the car everything is normal,but again when i get in the car same problem
ajdin-atl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #4
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
the camera is a pain in the arse. But it is usable
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #5
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
As for the original poster: that's the style of driving in GTA IV, it was the same on the console version, too. You need to use your mouse to change the direction of the camera.

ajdin-atl: that is a known problem with some of the No-CD cracks that are out and about. We like to keep piracy and warez discussion off this site, so if you're having trouble with a crack please take that elsewhere. If you have a legit copy, though, I'm not sure what could be causing that. It would be best to use the Rockstar support contact page for that.
Old 12-05-2008   #6
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
yea I hate this problem too, the handling of the vehicles in this is going to take some getting use to, its not as easy as GTASA.
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008   #7
GunslingerDT
Newbie Member

GunslingerDT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
As for the original poster: that's the style of driving in GTA IV, it was the same on the console version, too. You need to use your mouse to change the direction of the camera.

ajdin-atl: that is a known problem with some of the No-CD cracks that are out and about. We like to keep piracy and warez discussion off this site, so if you're having trouble with a crack please take that elsewhere. If you have a legit copy, though, I'm not sure what could be causing that. It would be best to use the Rockstar support contact page for that.

I purchased a copy of this game and am having this issue since taking the patch. When I first installed this game, I was getting 20 fps, and I have 2 8800GTX's in SLI(though this game doesn't look to recognize it) with a 3.0 ghz quad core and 4 gigs of ram. I installed invidia's special driver for the game and gained almost 20 fps! I then found out about the new patch, which I was hoping would recognize sli. No luck, just got the bug the original poster mentioned. I played the game before the patch, so I know what it is supposed to look like. The camera is supposed to eventually turn behind the car, San Andreas was like that. After this new patch, the camera keeps pointing in whatever direction it was pointing when the player gets in the car. I wish I could roll back this patch now
GunslingerDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009   #8
zkaar
Newbie Member

zkaar is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry

my problem is worst:

1-everytime i walk the drunk camera starts, but niko isn't drunk, and the camera don't back normal
2-while in this drunk camera, i enter in a perfect state car and that black smoke(usually when car is crashed)appears
3-while in the drunk camera, my car starts moving foward alone, and when i get out of it, it continue!
4-i can't custumize my graphics, cause it says that if i custumize, my game will crash

if some1 knows any of this answers, please tell me
zkaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009   #9
chaostopsy
Newbie Member

chaostopsy is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkaar View Post
my problem is worst:

1-everytime i walk the drunk camera starts, but niko isn't drunk, and the camera don't back normal
2-while in this drunk camera, i enter in a perfect state car and that black smoke(usually when car is crashed)appears
3-while in the drunk camera, my car starts moving foward alone, and when i get out of it, it continue!
4-i can't custumize my graphics, cause it says that if i custumize, my game will crash

i am having this exact same problem, i dont think its my PC and i DOUBT its my game, because mine is an original set.. someone please enlighten me?
chaostopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009   #10
tetsoysauce
Newbie Member

tetsoysauce is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkaar View Post
my problem is worst:

After i installed the new patch this has been happening to me too. I OWN THE ORIGINAL GAME DISC AND DON'T USE ANY CRACKS.
tetsoysauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #11
pigpork007
Newbie Member

pigpork007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaostopsy View Post
i am having this exact same problem, i dont think its my PC and i DOUBT its my game, because mine is an original set.. someone please enlighten me?
does anyone now how to solve this drunken camara problem?!!?!? its driving me nuts!! i cant play the game this way!!!

have you found a solution to this annoying problem

Last edited by pigpork007; 08-05-2009 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
pigpork007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #12
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
are you guys using crack for your games? if so, that crack causes that
behzad_sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009   #13
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I think if you have your game lisenced on two different computers or operating systems, happened when I changed to Win 7, but after revoking the lisence on Vista, the one on Win 7 worked no problem. so yeah, it could be a crack, but it could be the above
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009   #14
Maxaker
Newbie Member

Maxaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunslingerDT View Post
I purchased a copy of this game and am having this issue since taking the patch. When I first installed this game, I was getting 20 fps, and I have 2 8800GTX's in SLI(though this game doesn't look to recognize it) with a 3.0 ghz quad core and 4 gigs of ram. I installed invidia's special driver for the game and gained almost 20 fps! I then found out about the new patch, which I was hoping would recognize sli. No luck, just got the bug the original poster mentioned. I played the game before the patch, so I know what it is supposed to look like. The camera is supposed to eventually turn behind the car, San Andreas was like that. After this new patch, the camera keeps pointing in whatever direction it was pointing when the player gets in the car. I wish I could roll back this patch now
I have a question. Do you say that it doesnt support SLI because it dont shows the double amount of VRAM?
If that is the case, you need to know that when using SLI you dont have both VRAMS of each card, you just have the same amount like a single card because on each cards VRAM the same information is stored.
Maxaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009   #15
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
You can have Quad SLI and you still won't get more than the main cards VMem.

It doesn't work like RAM does. You share the processing power not the memory