Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2008   #46
[TA]HelFire
Newbie Member

[TA]HelFire is on a distinguished road[TA]HelFire is on a distinguished road[TA]HelFire is on a distinguished road[TA]HelFire is on a distinguished road[TA]HelFire is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcguy150 View Post
It's actually a lot more easy than it looks. If you can put together a jigsaw puzzle, you can put together a PC.
I am no where good at constructing computers but if you take your time & be gentle with your PC parts, things can worth out pretty smooth. Ive installed my video card, sound card, power supply. The parts are the worse part about it though, so expensive.

Back on topic.

I dont think that GTA is a waste of money, if you dont like it on medium systems which is good, then you must be picky.
Only other option for you is to upgrade some parts in your computer.
Old 12-11-2008   #47
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Hah, wow. I seem like the only person here who's actually enjoying playing the game.
Old 12-11-2008   #48
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
I enjoy the Game as well, I just have to wait until I get a better system to run it

the Video card and Memory isn't the problem, its my CPU that can't handle it.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #49
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
My p.c is just handling it now. But i will get a new G-card and i might just get a new P.c
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #50
Tango_Man
aka TangoR34

Tango_Man is on a distinguished roadTango_Man is on a distinguished road
strange enough I'm not fussed about the graphic experience at all as I find it impressive enough. there may not be any anti-aliasing setting but I never find the difference. The controls are a bit gimmicky. i assume you don't like the way the on-foot control is but hey you are never supposed to turn 90 or even 180 without moving your feet and shoot through wall just because the mouse is aiming at the target! but controls while weapon-aim is better than ever when you can move at quicker pace plus loads of them that made me happy. The car controls are shite in the beginning, they roll too much but just because those are shit cars. they get better if you get a better car later on.
Tango_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #51
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Someone I know has a real good computer:

ASUS P5Q3 Intel P45 Chipset DDR3 Motherboard
Vista Home Premium
800W SLI-Certified PSU
OCZ 4GB DDR3 1333 Gold RAM
1TB SATA-II 7200 RPM HDD
ATi Radeon HD4870X2 2GB
Intel Core2 Quad QX9650

He gets like 25 fps on medium high settings...When he can pretty much Max Crysis. Lame.
Old 12-14-2008   #52
rcguy150
Resident Bitch

rcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enough
My PC runs it great! I'm enjoying the game, I've finished the main storyline. haha.
Old 12-14-2008   #53
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
After all the problems the game had

I fixed my P.c with a new g-card and the game is running so smooth now and i finished the game.
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #54
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post
Someone I know has a real good computer:

ASUS P5Q3 Intel P45 Chipset DDR3 Motherboard
Vista Home Premium
800W SLI-Certified PSU
OCZ 4GB DDR3 1333 Gold RAM
1TB SATA-II 7200 RPM HDD
ATi Radeon HD4870X2 2GB
Intel Core2 Quad QX9650

He gets like 25 fps on medium high settings...When he can pretty much Max Crysis. Lame.
something must be wrong with his system, I know someone on the same CPU, 4GB DDR2, and GTX 260 that can max out the game (except draw distance) at 1280x1024 and get about 30 - 40fps

this game seems to be hit or miss on different setups, some are very lucky :/

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI

Last edited by Nite; 12-15-2008 at 01:05 AM..
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008   #55
daniel1919
Newbie Member

daniel1919 is an unknown quantity at this point
strange tough,i get lots of lag when i have distance at 30 and the game works perfect with distance at 100
daniel1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008   #56
RapBoy

RapBoy will become famous soon enoughRapBoy will become famous soon enoughRapBoy will become famous soon enoughRapBoy will become famous soon enoughRapBoy will become famous soon enoughRapBoy will become famous soon enoughRapBoy will become famous soon enoughRapBoy will become famous soon enough
I must say that I'm very disappointed. It turns out that my graphics card can't handle the game. I was hoping to make some good music videos.
RapBoy is offline   Reply With Quote