Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2008   #31
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
I'm installing now, the only problem I had so far was that the first window was in Korean, so I guessed which button to click. Other than that, I got it for 39.99€, which is insanely low for a new game that's supposed to be great.
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #32
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
I'd like to point out to the people who are crying because they can't run it maxed out;

GTA IV PC is a next-generatin game. Meaning, you will need next generation hardware to run it on its highest settings. Meaning, current generation hardware will only be able to handle it on medium settings.

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #33
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
if it looks better than the consoles on low/medium settings why complain at all?
Old 12-03-2008   #34
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
People don't understand that not every game has to run on high to be enjoyable. I think they're afraid they wasted money on their PC and need to convince themselves that their investment was entirely worth it.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #35
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
true, if my pc could run it at all i'd be pleased lol
i'm still running a pentium 4 with 1 GB RAM
Old 12-03-2008   #36
MeAndMyShorts

MeAndMyShorts can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Mouldy Punk:. View Post
I'd like to point out to the people who are crying because they can't run it maxed out;

GTA IV PC is a next-generatin game. Meaning, you will need next generation hardware to run it on its highest settings. Meaning, current generation hardware will only be able to handle it on medium settings.
It's still an insult to the loyal players who buy the game legally.
MeAndMyShorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #37
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
No, an insult to legal buyers is only letting the game be installed x amount of times, instead of unlimited like most other games.

The fact that a game can't be run at max is not an insult like you say.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #38
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeAndMyShorts View Post
It's still an insult to the loyal players who buy the game legally.
So what, you're saying that people who didn't legally buy the game can run it better?

It's crap for everyone, it's not an insult to people who buy the games, the performance of the game has nothing to do with who bought it and who stole it. The performance of the game (in general*) is simply because high-end hardware today can handle medium settings. Next-gen hardware will be able to handle the high settings.

R* could have held off releasing this game for another year, when the next-gen hardware is available and will be able to run it - but they chose not to.

*I say in general because there have been a lot of issues with high-end ATI cards not performing well with medium settings when their nvidia counterparts perform much better on the same settings. That could be a driver issue or it could be something to do with how the game was optimised.

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #39
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
In fact, I'm beginning to believe it's a bad port. I mean, you can't even use your mouse properly in the menus, you have to use the fucking keyboard. And when I save, it says something like 'dont turn off your system'. Of course I won't turn off my system, wth.
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #40
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I can't defend this anymore, THIS IS A SHIT PORT, After a long installation, etc, the game doesn't even run, it just keeps crashing, I wish I saved my money now and got another game that works.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #41
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, it's not like I'm saying it's SUPER HORRIBLE, but the framerates STILL suck even if I put it at medium settings, I mean 1-30 FPS with constant dips.

I'll still play the game, it's just that it wasn't THAT optimized, I meet every recommended requirement.

Also, I can take beautiful Screenshots with everything maxed, but really I'm hiding the fact that the FPS when I'm taking the Screenshot is 19. :p

[img][/img]

click me
Lao Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #42
The Commander

The Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enoughThe Commander will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
I can't defend this anymore, THIS IS A SHIT PORT, After a long installation, etc, the game doesn't even run, it just keeps crashing, I wish I saved my money now and got another game that works.
lol, I wounder if I should spend like $100 NZD or how much it is here to buy this for my system which can run Cyris and Far Cry 2 but does not meet the mimium specs for this game for a laugh of it not being able to play.

My specs:
Windows XP SP3
Single Core P4 Intel 2.66 Mmz
1.7 GB Ram
ATI Radeon X1650 Pro 512 MB

Maybe someone will make a patch so it runs on much lower shity graphics so people that can't afford all the latest chip sets and processors can buy this game.

Because in my country I have not seen a retail stock computer for sale that comes with GeForce 7900 or Radeon X1900 or better.
Old 12-04-2008   #43
O.G
Newbie Member

O.G is an unknown quantity at this point
Picture this, you've got 150k burning a hole in your pocket an you pop down to your local Ferrari dealership to buy their latest stalion. You marvel at its curves, its bling wheels and its famous engine note. You talk to the sales dude and tell him your inteseted, you get the paper work sorted out, he hands you the keys and just as you're about to drive off, he mentions "by the way sir, I'm afraid you'll only be able to drive at a maximum speed of 30 mph till someone developes a new form of high grade fuel. Then you'll be able to do 200mph, for this is a Next-Gen Ferrari."

Games should be developed for the majority of CURRENT hardawre, not some future spec crap that the average person ain't likely to own for at least 5 years, by which time no one will give a damn about GTA4. This is a poor attempt by R* to fob people off by explaining away piss poor performance using a lame ass excuse that no one can disprove, well unless you happen to own a time machine. This has been the worst year ever for the PC gaming market with nearly every single major title being an absolute turd. Its no wonder people are actually turning TO piracy when the industry seems to be doing its damndest to piss off long standing customers who now would rather not spend their cash on utter rubbish, but get it for free and not feel like they got a swift kick in the balls for doing the right thing.
O.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008   #44
dgn8

dgn8 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice example but why should Rockstar sell a game which can play with a medium resolution if they can sell it with better graphics???
It would be good if we could play san andreas with graphics better than those which were used in 2004.
I'm sorry for my english.
dgn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #45
the_internet
Newbie Member

the_internet is an unknown quantity at this point
I know my PC is 2.5 years old... I know it's long in the tooth, but I'm pretty baffled why they couldn't have made this a wee bit more efficient. For me to even run the damned thing it has to be set so low that it looks much worse than GTA SA. 800x600 with all things set to low? A game that requires a GIG of video memory to basically even function? Come ON. Joe "I stood in line in Nov 2005 for an Xbox" Shmoe can play in HD and I have a $3000 machine 6 months newer than that that has to run at gameboy resolution?

I think game companies are used to PC gamers just sucking it up and buying the latest greatest hardware, but I'm done. I don't see the value anymore... it used to be you spend a bit more on a PC and had a huge improvement over console graphics an gameplay- now you have to spend a nice used car worth of coin on a GPU that's obsolete the next time a game is released.

if I'm spending game money at this point I'll just go buy a friggin' PS3. It's the same price as just one of my crappy SLI cards that barely runs this game on lowest settings.

the_internet is offline   Reply With Quote