Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2008   #16
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
I have to admit, after all my beliefs that Rockstar would come though, this is a shit port, shadows look horrid and NO AA, you can't max out ALL the settings. Ugh. Patch or mod or something please save this game.

[img][/img]

click me
Lao Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #17
Sparthan
Tonight we dine in HELL !

Sparthan is on a distinguished roadSparthan is on a distinguished road
Check the main page.. i will quote abit of the graphic part:

"Most users using current PC hardware as of December 2008 are advised to use medium graphics settings. Higher settings are provided for future generations of PCs with higher specifications than are currently widely available."

Like.. W T F ... they expect us to have PCs that are not even out yet to run the game at HIGH settings?
Rockstar really did dig a grave for themselfs with this game..

Thanks soooooo much .:Clansman:. for the sig and the avatar
Sparthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #18
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Well, duh. Medium is actually High and High is implementing features that current hardware can't run. You just answered yourself.

Your PC really is your dick, isn't it?
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #19
Sparthan

No it's not , i am not here to brag about anything , i am just expressing how mad i am at Rockstar for , sorry for the word , fucking their fans so hard with this game

Old 12-02-2008   #20
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
I can understand your frustration with performance issues. However, the reason you can't play on high has already been explained.
Old 12-02-2008   #21
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Boy View Post
I have to admit, after all my beliefs that Rockstar would come though, this is a shit port, shadows look horrid and NO AA, you can't max out ALL the settings. Ugh. Patch or mod or something please save this game.
I don't get it... the game looks great in all the high-res screenshots I've seen. Are these previewers using really high-end computers or something?
rappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #22
Sparthan

Well maybe they maxxed out all the settings just for the shots :?
And for a worldwide reknown game re/previewer you must have a high-end PC..

Old 12-02-2008   #23
Thundercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
I don't get it... the game looks great in all the high-res screenshots I've seen. Are these previewers using really high-end computers or something?
I'm sure they use the best PC they can buy when they take screenshots, and since they're developing it I'm sure they can create renders using their tools.
Old 12-02-2008   #24
MeAndMyShorts

MeAndMyShorts can only hope to improve
You spend a lot of money, trusting them, giving them your respect, and this is how they give it back to you...

*Post edited for content* - Slim
MeAndMyShorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #25
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
(YES, my computer finally works again. I'm BACK biznatches)

*Ahem*

*Cracks knuckles*

[rant]

This is exactly why I go with console gaming. PC gaming used to be much more simple, with more polygons and high resolution textures. Simply get a better CPU. Now, however, we have the plague of GPU, among other things. How about something gets done to better optimize PCs already? I have a 3.2 ghz CPU and a Nvidia 8600. It's not TOO shabby, and I can max out games like Fallout 3 and (kinda) play Crysis at medium. However, the other day I, well, "acquired" Far Cry 2 for the PC. With all settings on low, it ran at 4 FPS. Without post processing, on 640x480, and definitely no anti-aliasing.

It basically seems like keeping up with computers is definitely too much work. I've spent almost 1k on my computer, bought with cheap import parts from Miami. I built the damn computer myself. I actually got a license for Windows XP, rather than doing it less-than-legally. Now after one year, I now need another thousand dollars worth of stuff to play most games. Maybe I need a good defrag?

[/rant]
Old 12-02-2008   #26
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Agree with you on some points there, I too believe it to be a lot of work to stay up to date with PCs. Newer and better hardware is always coming out, so it seems as if you're being pushed back all the time. Consoles provide enough up to date hardware to last you about half a decade, until another generation of gaming comes along, and the cycle repeats itself.

Both consoles and PCs have their strong and weak points, but overall you pretty much get the same experience, so it all comes down to personal opinion.

Although it's unfortunate the PC version of GTA IV appears to have suffered a rather poor release, I am sure there will patches in the near future to fix any problems you may come across. Looking back at the huge successes of the other GTA releases on PC, plus the new features in GTA IV's PC version, you must know the future looks very exciting.
Old 12-02-2008   #27
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin View Post
I'm sure they use the best PC they can buy when they take screenshots, and since they're developing it I'm sure they can create renders using their tools.
Well I know that's true for Rockstar's pre-release renders, but what I'm talking about is the hundreds of gameplay screenshots released in the past couple days like from Cynamite.de, for example. Although I may be wrong in thinking that they took those shots themselves...

But I guess either way Cynamite.de can no doubt afford at least one super high-end computer
rappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #28
Thundercracker

Oh right, previewers. A bit different there.
Old 12-02-2008   #29
sydburn
The Sycho guy

sydburn is an unknown quantity at this point
how is the multiplayer part of the game? if anyone has played it on pc.
Old 12-03-2008   #30
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydburn View Post
how is the multiplayer part of the game? if anyone has played it on pc.
It's the same game - it runs using the same engine, so if you're having problems running single player you'll have the same problems running multiplayer. The netcode on Xbox 360 was a little rubbish, but I'm sure they've had time to work on it since then.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote