Newbie Member

wootfacemachine has a little shameless behaviour in the past
GTA IV for PC is a bad port and a joke.

I just installed IV for pc I have

2.2GHz core 2
4 GB RAM
8800 GT
XP SP 3

The game plays poorly, my frame rates are good but the controls feel gimmicky. It is really frustrating to walk around watching Niko walk. You can change a few things but there are no advanced graphics options. There doesn't seem to be an option for anti aliasing and when I attempt to override it in the NVidia settings I don't think anything happens. I can only play smoothly on medium/high textures and rendering and the graphic experience is definitely not worth the computing power that is actually being used. This was such a waste of money and time. I'm not sure I'll ever play it again. At least I still have a weeks worth of Fallout 3 gameplay to go.

Lots of people will disagree with this post.
George Bush still has ~28% approval rating.
wootfacemachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #2
rcguy150
Resident Bitch

rcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enough
The game is likely suffering from a memory leak. There will be a patch released eventually...just hang in there.
Old 12-02-2008   #3
Sparthan
Tonight we dine in HELL !

Sparthan is on a distinguished roadSparthan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootfacemachine View Post
I just installed IV for pc I have

2.2GHz core 2
4 GB RAM
8800 GT
XP SP 3

The game plays poorly, my frame rates are good but the controls feel gimmicky. It is really frustrating to walk around watching Niko walk. You can change a few things but there are no advanced graphics options. There doesn't seem to be an option for anti aliasing and when I attempt to override it in the NVidia settings I don't think anything happens. I can only play smoothly on medium/high textures and rendering and the graphic experience is definitely not worth the computing power that is actually being used. This was such a waste of money and time. I'm not sure I'll ever play it again. At least I still have a weeks worth of Fallout 3 gameplay to go.

Lots of people will disagree with this post.
George Bush still has ~28% approval rating.
Totally agree... waste of money

Thanks soooooo much .:Clansman:. for the sig and the avatar
Sparthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #4
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Wait, so you can play the game fine on Medium settings? Then what's your problem, I've read about some of the problems, but if yours plays fine on Medium then you should be happy as the graphics on Low are better than the consoles!
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #5
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry you're having problems running the game. Give it a week or two max's time and there will undoubtedly be an update.
Old 12-02-2008   #6
Sparthan

We don't pay like 2k euros for PCs to play newest games on medium , do we? >.<
And for the resources required you don't get THAT much of a quality graphics...

Last edited by Sparthan; 12-02-2008 at 07:33 PM..
Old 12-02-2008   #7
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
sigh.. this is why i stick to console gaming
pc gaming is expensive and theres problems like this
Old 12-02-2008   #8
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparthan View Post
We don't pay like 2k euros for PCs to play newest games on medium , do we? >.<
And for the resourses requiered you don't get THAT much of a quality graphix...
2 THOUSAND EUROS???? Where the hell are you buying your stuff from??? Also, sorry to say this, but the 8800 series isn't the latest nvidia card anymore, it's actually pretty old now. A brilliant card yes, but there are much much more better ones out from nvidia, these were the ones that ran GTA IV when it was being developed.
Old 12-02-2008   #9
Sparthan

Bulgaria. Overpriced.
Anyways , i got a GeForce 9800GX2 not a 8800..

EDIT: Nvm i just got that you were meaning the original poster's sys

Old 12-02-2008   #10
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
well for $4,000 u can have a oil cooled PC that probably won't run GTA IV all that well but it sure will look great lol
$10,000 for a higher end one http://www.maximumpc.com/article/fea...corepc_reactor

2k euros has to be a prebuilt system
it wouldnt even take 2k dollars to build beastly system and the dollar is shit to the euro
Old 12-02-2008   #11
Ash_735

That's one generation ahead so you should be able to play it fine, at least on High Textures and Model and roughly half way on most of the variables.

For people who want to try and make the game faster, turn the Shadow Density right down, this apparently boosts the framerate the most. Also consider defragging the hard drive, you've just took a 16GB Dump on the thing and large files are usually choppy at first (In my experience when handling large single files such as Blu-ray streams), so maybe defragging will help the computer a little to improve performance too.
Old 12-02-2008   #12
Sparthan

it was ordered like part by part.. but was shipped or something + the builders took some tax for building it.. anyways i bought it like 2 weeks before the Geforce 280 series came out.. got kinda fucked >.>

Old 12-02-2008   #13
Ash_735

Wow, that's some overpriced country, also, the builders? They probs robbed you blind too, it's really quite easy to put together a computer! On the subject, if I had around £900 I could build a PC that plays GTA IV on near Max settings, or possibly Max depending on the resolution.
Old 12-02-2008   #14
Sparthan

Building computers = rocket science for me.. never got to learning about how to connect components and which cable goes in which plug.. anyways , that was the main idea behind my purchase , to get a PC that would run new games on max.. heck i had like 20-30 FPS on Maxxed out Crysis.. and its ages away from what i saw as GTA IV PC youtube vids with gameplay

Old 12-02-2008   #15
rcguy150
Resident Bitch

rcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enoughrcguy150 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparthan View Post
Building computers = rocket science for me.. never got to learning about how to connect components and which cable goes in which plug.. anyways , that was the main idea behind my purchase , to get a PC that would run new games on max.. heck i had like 20-30 FPS on Maxxed out Crysis.. and its ages away from what i saw as GTA IV PC youtube vids with gameplay
It's actually a lot more easy than it looks. If you can put together a jigsaw puzzle, you can put together a PC.